Jump to content

Maxwell Rework - The simple way


Recommended Posts

Make shadow shoveler shovel and pick things that you shovel and pick.

That's it.

Are you shoveling grass? The shoveler will also start shoveling around for grass.

Hell, you can even animation shovel cancel and he will do the work in true King fashion.

Do you want to pick your grass farm. Pick one grass, and your 3 shovelers will start picking grass. Not uprooting, just picking.

After picking is done, he will come to you and give you the loot.

If the shadow dies, he drops the loot, if they misbehave or want to unionize. Whips are most efficient because you don't have to walk as much.

Want twigs and you have many pinecones? Plant them and let your shovelers uproot them into twigs.

The shadow shoveler can hold 4 item types, a stack each. If full, he comes to you.

Your shadow miner can mine, and your shoveler can pick the rocks after you pick one, because they are untrained work force and need instructing.

Want to pick seeds. Pick only one, and the picker gets the idea.

IF you have no room on you, the shovel picker will drop on ground

Afk farm at dusk near spiders with a picker and two duelists while you go pee.

want shoveler to pick the wood and cones too? You got it.

Be the king you were meant to be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Or, since Klei is starting to be notorious for pissing on how the character *used* to be played, and throw in new mechanics entirely.

 

I'd say, make Maxwell the magician that he was always meant to be.

-Always has a boost to magic tier, similar to Wickerbottom and Science tier.

-Magic items use less durability when used by Maxwell.

So on, so forth.

 

Also, yeh, Maxwell being "im too lazy to play the game" character is always fun.

That's not a diss either, I'd genuinely play Maxwell more if I could just take a break from the game for like 30 seconds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Canis said:

Or, since Klei is starting to be notorious for pissing on how the character *used* to be played, and throw in new mechanics entirely.

 

I'd say, make Maxwell the magician that he was always meant to be.

-Always has a boost to magic tier, similar to Wickerbottom and Science tier.

-Magic items use less durability when used by Maxwell.

So on, so forth.

 

Also, yeh, Maxwell being "im too lazy to play the game" character is always fun.

That's not a diss either, I'd genuinely play Maxwell more if I could just take a break from the game for like 30 seconds.

I do like Klei completely left-field reworks too.

But if they understood the psychology of Maxwell players, they would do it.

Max players are just lazy people that want to roleplay as bosses because their bosses IRL are stomping on them.

We are the 1%

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Exact Shadow Puppet updates from Rezecib's mod and I'd be happy:

Spoiler

Maxwell:

  • Can now change his minion types by giving them items, or make them stop working, but they cost 5 fuel and Maxwell starts with 5 fuel instead of 6
  • Minions all have 75 health, and non-duelists have 1/5 of the duelist regen
  • Minions now match Maxwell's movement speed
  • Chopper minions no longer run away from poison birchnuts
  • Duelist minions have improved kiting (will still have trouble with groups of enemies)
  • Two new minion types: torchbearer, porter (picks items up)
  • Minions can be given hats. Armor hats give 25% reduction and prevent a hit from doing more than 45 damage, all other hats are cosmetic.

Magic specialization would be a neat side thing, but I'd like if his Shadow Puppets remained the focus. The main 'visible perk'.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Canis said:

I'd say, make Maxwell the magician that he was always meant to be.

This, this, this.
From what we know about Woodie's rework, it seems as though he may overshadow Maxwell as a resource gatherer.
He will have two other transformations specialising in combat and 'locomotion' (although what that entails exactly is still unknown.) This was a solution thrown around to solve DST having two main resource gatherer characters - make Woodie still clearly worse than Maxwell at harvesting logs, but with additional combat prowess (something that Maxwell somewhat lacks.)

It's cool to see these ideas being implemented, but if Woodie now overshadows Maxwell in harvesting, then it's just the same problem all over again.
That's where this idea for magic shines. First of all, it makes a bit more sense (Maxwell is/was a magician, Woodie is a lumberjack), but it will also truly seperate these two characters and stop the constant competition.
Additionally, it will also be neat to see another character based around magic - just so long as Maxwell doesn't become Wickerbottom 2.0 (again, this will be the exact same problem.) It would be especially cool if Maxwell retained his focus on laziness - I'm always a sucker for the summoner or conjurer class, no matter the game. Plus it's fairly unique within DST's scope.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, maradyne said:

Exact Shadow Puppet updates from Rezecib's mod and I'd be happy:

  Hide contents

Maxwell:

  • Can now change his minion types by giving them items, or make them stop working, but they cost 5 fuel and Maxwell starts with 5 fuel instead of 6
  • Minions all have 75 health, and non-duelists have 1/5 of the duelist regen
  • Minions now match Maxwell's movement speed
  • Chopper minions no longer run away from poison birchnuts
  • Duelist minions have improved kiting (will still have trouble with groups of enemies)
  • Two new minion types: torchbearer, porter (picks items up)
  • Minions can be given hats. Armor hats give 25% reduction and prevent a hit from doing more than 45 damage, all other hats are cosmetic.

Magic specialization would be a neat side thing, but I'd like if his Shadow Puppets remained the focus. The main 'visible perk'.

I played that mod, and I loved it.

But I play modless all the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll be honest, the concept of "Shadow Picker" (how I like to call it) is the thing I fear the most for Maxwell.

I don't want him to be the most automatised character in the world, destroying your back by picking up items is the only thing you have to care about by playing with him, if the Lazy Forager is not refuelable, this is going to be the most insulting perk ever for every other survivors, and face the fact that Maxwell is already one of the strongest guy of the game.

Edit : But I do respect your opinion, I'm not the only one around playing Maxwell and y'all have the right to enjoy our own gameplay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ADM said:

I'll be honest, the concept of "Shadow Picker" (how I like to call it) is the thing I fear the most for Maxwell.

I don't want him to be the most automatised character in the world, destroying your back by picking up items is the only thing you have to care about by playing with him, if the Lazy Forager is not refuelable, this is going to be the most insulting perk ever for every other survivors, and face the fact that Maxwell is already one of the strongest guy of the game.

Edit : But I do respect your opinion, I'm not the only one around playing Maxwell and y'all have the right to enjoy our own gameplay.

That is a good arugment. I agree design wise.

I do see myself always defaulting to Maxwell land ignoring the other characters if pickers get added.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, loopuleasa said:

That is a good arugment. I agree design wise.

I do see myself always defaulting to Maxwell land ignoring the other characters if pickers get added.

just get lazy forager, these things aren't so hard to get.

Pickers are what would kill the only thing the amulet is useful for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...