[Game Update] - 359823

• Developer
3 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Retrofitting works fine but it always forces my world to spawn the smallest island instead of using the bigger ones...

<removed image>

Is that image using the retrofitting from the this update?
The island in that image is the old "large" island.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Is that image using the retrofitting from the this update?
The island in that image is the old "large" island.

Oh? I'll check the retrofitting again then, thanks for the headsup!

Okay so I got the retrofitting from the current update ( accidentally didnt update the game )

EDIT: The island just got switched some degrees... @ScottHansen

20190814211737_1.thumb.jpg.3d38305c80de016334c753f644488db2.jpg

Edited by __IvoCZE__
  • Haha 2

How should one approach the retrofitting if I already retrofitted my world & played for about 200 more days on it without ever leaving beta? Is there a way to reapply the retrofitting to that world in an attempt to get a bigger island without losing the progress?

Edited by Theetis

Well I did backup my saves & retrofitted the world once again just to check it out; the island is indeed much bigger than it previously was. The shape of it is a bit odd though, and are the smaller portions of the island that are usually present in newly-made worlds supposed to be missing?

unknown.png

• Developer

I just pushed a minor hotfix 359823 that should improve the stability of adding the island to the world (for people with low-end video cards may be crashing). 
@__IvoCZE__ I also added more points to check against for the island location. Please make sure you are on version 359823 (validate your game files via steam if you are not) and let me know if this lets your world get the new large island.

• Thanks 4

8 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

@__IvoCZE__ I also added more points to check against for the island location. Please make sure you are on version 359823 (validate your game files via steam if you are not) and let me know if this lets your world get the new large island.

I am on the preview 359823 and the world still retrofits the old large island rotated on the same spot (between swamp and desert branches). :? It's really odd since there's plenty of space on the left side of the world

20190815092832_2.thumb.jpg.c50cc284951a1ad00bb62f592e79ea6c.jpg

The Island is further from the desert than it was before so yay I guess?

• Like 1