Moon Glass Pitchfork(Or other moon glass tools?)

1 hour ago, CameoAppearance said:

I honestly can't tell whether you're poking fun at yourself or saying that in complete sincerity.

I know what I'm talking about. A pitchfork working almost 10 times faster than the original one is gamebreaking for sure. Turf is not only decoration, it can also be used as fuel, especially in places where fuel is almost not available. 

I don't see any single valid argument which proves that my arguments are invalid or that there's a need for that pitchfork. The Moon Glass Axe for example is not that OP (expensive, half the durability of a Luxury Axe, chops only 2.5 times faster) and can be used against Toadstool.

Just spamming 'confused' on my replies or replying with "why not?!?" does not change my mind. I need a valid argument. 

1 hour ago, Viktor234 said:

I know what I'm talking about. A pitchfork working almost 10 times faster than the original one is gamebreaking for sure. Turf is not only decoration, it can also be used as fuel, especially in places where fuel is almost not available. 

I don't see any single valid argument which proves that my arguments are invalid or that there's a need for that pitchfork. The Moon Glass Axe for example is not that OP (expensive, half the durability of a Luxury Axe, chops only 2.5 times faster) and can be used against Toadstool.

Just spamming 'confused' on my replies or replying with "why not?!?" does not change my mind. I need a valid argument. 

Your argument isn't necessarily invalid, but considering that most turfs can't be regenerated burning them is really wasteful. And base building is a luxury that a lot of players don't get to. Turf is a tedious thing to get, having more of it isn't going to put you in god mode by any means. I'm not sure why you're defending this idea so thoroughly? This is a forum for 'discussion' you know.

3 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

As others have mentioned, using turf for fuel isn't a good idea. Most of it is completely non-renewable, and to use it over a long time you'll have to keep traveling farther and farther every time you need more, all while turning your world into a barren wasteland. You should look into finding beefalo herds of good size and shaving them every now and then if you really need fuel. Not only is it practically free (the only costs are the initial razor crafting recipe and the time spent shaving the beefalo), it also becomes easier to get as the world gets older rather than harder.

While it's true that there was no NEED for this pitchfork or anything, let me say this: Was there a need for the moon glass axe? Moon glass cutters? Stone fruit? The lunar islands? A New Reign? Reign of Giants? Caves? No, there was no NEED for any new content. The game has always been playable and "beatable" even without any new content. Even now, you don't NEED dark swords for anything. You can kill every boss with axes if you wanted to. It's just that more additions to the game are always welcome, especially ones that remove tedium from parts of the game.

And about the "confused" reacts, they're the forums' best method of showing disagreement that doesn't involve writing a reply. It may not change your opinion, but it shows that there aren't many people that agree with you.

• Developer
On 8/11/2019 at 7:48 AM, Viktor234 said:

I need a tutorial on the op turf based survival tactics, I am currently stuck on wilson's beard based survival tactics, but I need to level up my game, and this seems like the next step, teach me.[\s]

in all seriousness though, your actually just undeniably factually wrong. here is why:
the only thing a pitchfork can do, that no other tool can do is, dig turf.
there is only two uses for turf: decoration, and fuel.
now by actual definition, decoration can't be OP.
as for fuel, first off: FUEL ISN'T OP.
secondly, in order for something to be OP, it has to be so much better than any other alternatives, that doing anything but that, would be considered stupid; using turf for fuel is barely used as is, for reasons such as lack of renewability, pain of gathering(even with a 3x3 gathering tool, you would still need to travel larger distances every time you wanted more), and honestly pretty meh fuel value for the item your giving up.
Now, if you can somehow prove that ANY form of fuel could actually be OP, then I might not consider everything you say to be the laughable joke it is.

If you do try to harvest lots of turf for fuel, you might run into problems with the fact that it only stacks 10 high, which is half as much as logs. (I mean, mods that increase stack size are common, but the game isn't balanced around mods and they're not something you can expect every server to have.) That's gonna clog your inventory big time.

Few ideas;

1) A moon glass pitchfork would be able to dig up and give turf tiles of ruin turf/any currently unobtainable turf legitimately. Idk how the glowy effects would work outside the ruins (maybe they wouldn't) but it'd be cool

2) While we're on the topic of moon glass tools, maybe a shovel would have the same properties as a regular shovel would, but anything susceptible to disease would, when dug up would be disease proof. 

If being disease proof is too much maybe it could be disease free until after the first harvest? At least that way we have some nice decoration/emergency food

Archived