Do mods disable steam achievements?

On 7/31/2019 at 7:17 PM, chemie said:

I assume debug does but mods?  sandbox?

(I only use QOL mods but wanted to know the cost)

For whatever reason having sandbox mode on doesn't affect achievements, which seems wrong.

Edit: Steam achievements are disabled, but not the in-game ones.

At least as far as steam achievements are concerned, the following values are checked:

• DebugHandler.InstantBuildMode
  • Game.Instance.SandboxModeActive
  • Game.Instance.debugWasUsed

(ColonyAchievementTracker.UnlockPlatformAchievement)

I wasn't able to find anything that would disable these if mods are active. But if Harmony is as powerful as it sounds, that might have been futile anyways. (Then again save files can be shared and tools like duplicity exist.)

11 hours ago, wronny said:

At least as far as steam achievements are concerned, the following values are checked:

I wasn't able to find anything that would disable these if mods are active. But if Harmony is as powerful as it sounds, that might have been futile anyways. (Then again save files can be shared and tools like duplicity exist.)

"Game.Instance.SandboxModeActive"

meaning available or actively in use?

On 1.08.2019 at 2:01 AM, wronny said:

Did you maybe try to re-enable the achievements after debug mode has been used?

Checking the save file in hex editor I found this line:
64 65 62 75 67 57 61 73 55 73 65 64 03 13 - debugWasUsed
However I cannot locate anything that is responsible for setting this value. Tried to make new colony, check the file, then use debug tool and check the file again - nothing seems to change in regard of "debugWasUsed" line and area around it...

On 8/2/2019 at 6:43 PM, Merkury90 said:

Did you maybe try to re-enable the achievements after debug mode has been used?

Checking the save file in hex editor I found this line:
64 65 62 75 67 57 61 73 55 73 65 64 03 13 - debugWasUsed
However I cannot locate anything that is responsible for setting this value. Tried to make new colony, check the file, then use debug tool and check the file again - nothing seems to change in regard of "debugWasUsed" line and area around it...

Am very interested if you ever find a way to edit this. My latest game, I haven't used debug once (as far as I know) and yet, still no Steam achievements... I want to check to see if it somehow registered debug being used and if it's possible to change this.

Archived