Force meal before toilet use

I love building a personal toilet for every dupe next to their bathroom. The problem is that dupe will always (by default) run back to their bathroom (bedroom) then run back down to great hall then run back to bedroom to sleep in this arrangement. 

Is there anyway to force them to eat first before going to the toilet?

Preferably I want to force every dupe to: 1) Eat --> 2) Rec --> 3) Bathroom --> 4) Sleep. 

It should be perfectly fine to use bathroom last because every dupe will only "made a mess"  the next cycle. 

Bathroom breaks are treated as work time when they don't have to go. So the ideal set up is to do bathroom time at the end of downtime since dupes don't need an entire block to use the toilet so you get a bit more work time out of them.

I set it up like this:

1. Downtime, As many blocks as you prefer, bonus of up to 4 morale for 5 blocks
  2. Bedtime, 2 blocks. This is more than enough time to fully recover their stamina if they have a bed. Unfortunately the comfy bed doesn't give enough extra recovery to get this down to 1. So as soon as you have beds set up knock this down from 3 to 2. 
  3. Bathtime, 1-2 blocks. 1 is more than enough if all you have is toilets. Showers might push it to 2. They go to work as soon as they are done.

I used to do this as promethien did, but now I just don't have bathtime at all. It seems they will take care of everything during downtime. I haven't discovered any downsides to doing this yet.

Sorry I can't help with the OP. You might want to redesign the base next time if it can't be done and you prefer to have them go in an some kind of order. They are not really wasting time during downtime though.

6 minutes ago, nakomaru said:

I used to do this as promethien did, but now I just don't have bathtime at all. It seems they will take care of everything during downtime. I haven't discovered any downsides to doing this yet.

Ok I worked with both setup for >100cycles each:

Bathtime and shorter downtime:

• Less average morale [You can even work without downtime and still prevent duplicants from interrupting their tasks.]
  • More possible worktime [The "unused" part of the bath time is added to the worktime.]

No bathtime and a longer downtime:

• Higher average morale
  • Less (possible) worktime

=> Since the last morale/skills rework I changed my general setup from no bathtime to using bathtime again.

[With the more specialized duplicants, I feel less of a need for a higher morale and prefer the few secconds of additional worktime.]

I think of it by comparing the same amount of downtime, for example 3 blocks, and then with or without bathtime.

• If you have bathtime, they pee and shower when they could be working.
  • If you have no bathtime, they pee and shower when they would be doing nothing important.

4 minutes ago, nakomaru said:

I think of it by comparing the same amount of downtime, for example 3 blocks, and then with or without bathtime.

• If you have bathtime, they pee and shower when they could be working.
  • If you have no bathtime, they pee and shower when they would be doing nothing important.

If you want a better comparison [at least in my eyes]:

4 blocks of downtime

[1 block of your downtime will be used "like bathtime" and the rest of the timeslot will be used for downtime activities.]

vs

3 blocks of downtime and 1 block of bathtime

[You got an acutal bathtime block and the rest of the timeslot will be used for normal work tasks.]

14 minutes ago, nakomaru said:

If you have no bathtime, they pee and shower when they would be doing nothing important.

This assumes you consider scheduling downtime just for the passive bonus, but I prefer to schedule downtime just based on the need for daily downtime acitivies to keep the minium morale.

[I prefer to run 1 downtime 2 bedtime and 1 bathtime as long as I can and add just an other segment of downtime if I want my duplicants to use some recreation buildings. I use a minimum of one downtime segment just to let my duplicants walk to the living area so they sleep on schedule.]

I think I'll try setting up clock automation as suggested. Only open bathroom doors in the morning so dupe only go to bathroom after they woke up. Will try it once the launch update kicks in. 

9 minutes ago, rayz89 said:

Only open bathroom doors in the morning so dupe only go to bathroom after they woke up.

If you play on harder morale setting, you should rethink this idea:

There was a "full bladder" debuff introduced, which could have worse effects than them using the bathroom off schedule.

[Restricting bathroom access isn´t a good way to tackle this problem.]

Why does nobody consider 2 seperate bathtimes a day ?

[If you have lavatories, each use will give you some additional (polluted) water and bathtime enables your duplicants to relief themselves even more often.]

5 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Why does nobody consider 2 seperate bathtimes a day ?

I did this sometimes, my lazy dupes mostly idle anyway (or is it me that lazy to make orders). And for OP, if you want them not go to the toilet when downtime started, you can put bathtime a few hours before downtime. They didn't go to the toilet when bladder less than 50 percent.

why dont you build your base like they go do their things?

oni.thumb.jpg.e7405c03f08aaeacf6de7f59f20efca9.jpg

my duplicants work and then they go to the bathrooms and after that they go to the fridge and the eating room and then sleep.

i builded it all so they have only one direction

but im a noob in this game

57 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

why dont you build your base like they go do their things?

oni.thumb.jpg.e7405c03f08aaeacf6de7f59f20efca9.jpg

my duplicants work and then they go to the bathrooms and after that they go to the fridge and the eating room and then sleep.

i builded it all so they have only one direction

but im a noob in this game

As I said in OP, I want to build it differently

I guess the question comes up. How much time do they need to do all the downtime activities once you have them set up? So eat, drink, dance, game. Is it more or less than the 5 block maximum downtime? If its less then making them do their bathroom break in this time is definitely the way to go.

Archived