While I do agree powdercakes are fine, how come nobody is talking about jellybeans? They are indefinite, and you can season them. I rarely used jellybeans before Warly since I found most other healing methods were more viable, but getting the buff combined with a decent overtime HP heal is much more tempting, especially since garlic can reduce the damage you are taking, which you probably are at if you are eating jellybeans.

I guess you could say that Bee queen is not as easy as just growing corn, and I can agree with that. I am happy something I never used now has some good potential, though. What else am I going to do with 3 chests of jellybeans at day 1500+?

45 minutes ago, Xenologist said:

Taffy is OP with nightmare pie, it gives you tons of sanity to trade for health

Plus, it's mass-producable already

I prefer Jerky. Jerky are better and easy, but Warly refuse to eat jerky.

Powdercake and jellybeans are reliable ways to keep an always ready boost for extra attack, extra defense and more efficient gathering. This is just another feature that makes warly an awesome character, but keep in mind that spices are just a part of his strenght and not all of it, so I believe this works as intended.

- For solo gameplay he can be a jack of all trades character, fighting mostly as well as a wigfrid, and adding volt goat jelly during boss fights he can be even better than wigfrid (more dmg and more resistance). And when needed he can be as efficient as a Woodie for gathering. He can also become immune to overheat, freezing, darkness and wetness for a day if needed and gathered the right materials.

- For team gameplay he improves everyone's natural skills, making them better at what they do and helping them overcome their penalties.

As a con, all these things require A LOT OF ORGANIZED WORK, Warly is probably the most efficient character but the one that also makes you work the most towards your goal, and does not start seeing permanent benefits until advancing quite a bunch or working a ton to establish a reliable farm and a honey farm.

He has okay-ish early game,  strong mid game, uber late game. With friends, a knowledgeable Warly quickly becomes the leader. And the best thing, even with powdercake or jellybeans, he is still always needed . Yes, I know you could bundle a lot of food, but its still more efficient to just have a lot of ingredients and a Warly cooking what is needed at the time it is needed.

TL;DR: Warly's design IMHO is perfect, and the fact that powdercake and jellybeans can be spiced is another very needed awesome feature of his. Warly requires a ton of work for efficient solo gameplay and a lot of organization for teamplay.

The only issues at the moment are the interactions with Wolfgang, and the fact that Wes and Wendy don't really get the full damage value they should get. But that's just changing the way the extra damage is calculated, not changing warly himself or his foods.

4 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Powdercake and jellybeans are reliable ways to keep an always ready boost for extra attack, extra defense and more efficient gathering. This is just another feature that makes warly an awesome character, but keep in mind that spices are just a part of his strenght and not all of it, so I believe this works as intended.

-For solo gameplay he can be a jack of all trades character, fighting mostly as well as a wigfrid, and adding volt goat jelly during boss fights he can be even better than wigfrid (more dmg and more resistance). And when needed he can be as efficient as a woodie for gathering. He can also become immune to overheat, freezing, darkness and wetness for a day if needed and gathered the right materials.

- For team gameplay he improves everyone's natural skills, making them better at what they do and helping them overcome their penalties.

As a con, all these things require A LOT OF ORGANIZED WORK, warly is probably the most efficient character but the one that also makes you work the most towards your goal, and does not start seeing permanent benefits until advancing quite a bunch or working a ton to establish a reliable farm and a honey farm.

He has okay-ish early game,  strong mid game, uber late game. And with friends a knowledgeable Warly quickly becomes the leader. And the best thing, even with powdercake or jellybeans, he is still always needed . Yes,  I know you could bundle a lot of food, but its still more efficient to just have a lot of ingredients and a warly cooking what is needed at the time it is needed.

TL;DR: Warly's design IMHO is perfect, and the fact that powdercake and jellybeans can be spiced is another very needed awesome feature of his. Warly requires a ton of work for efficient solo gameplay and a lot of organization for teamplay.

The only issues at the moment are the interactions with Wolfgang, and the fact that Wes and Wendy don't really get the full damage value they should get. But that's just changing the way the extra damage is calculated, not changing warly himself or his foods.

yea just the interactions with wolfgang are... 

5 hours ago, Alexias said:

It was never useless actually, it was good to lure pigs out of their houses.

4 hours ago, AnitaCoffee said:

And catch those berry stealing gobblers.:wilson_evil:

Let's not forget about keeping the bunnyman outside their houses too

Archived