Fatigue triggers way too early

Not sure if anyone found this annoying, but "Fatigue" triggers way too early (it shouldn't exist at all from my point of view). Every hard fight where I'm barely manage to survive, I get this "fatigue", which becomes extremely disappointing.

I really hope it gets triggered much later, XPing cards is already a painful and long process!

I would like to have a warning the turn before fatigue sets in. Otherwise, I agree with ArtixBot, I find I end most fights and negotiations before the 6th turn, unless I am purposefully dragging them out.

Plus, even if you do take more than 6 turns and thus get fatigued, it's not like it has a terrible effect. You just won't gain more XP this fight/negotiation. You've still got 10 to 20 XP per fight (considering you might use already upgraded cards and have more than 3 action points), which is more than enough to upgrade every important card in your decks.

I think they added this feature in so that your more selective with the cards you want to level up, however i can see how it might annoy some ppl who want to max out their decks. i played the normal prestige mode only once when i first got the game and never after, i think if it is in that mode it probably shouldn't. Let the fatigue thing kick in after prestige ONE for the folks who don't understand how negotiations work then.  .  

Combat to me with fatigue feels fine. negotiations are fine to but i find it harder to get a diplomacy deck going because they take longer to reduce resolve. The diplomacy cards you start with need more xp to level and i find some arent even leveled up by the time i finish a run.

On 7/26/2019 at 7:46 PM, pacovf said:

I would like to have a warning the turn before fatigue sets in.

This or a turn counter would be appreciated.

As far as the fatigue mechanic goes, I like it.  I even think on higher prestige levels, you could set it to trigger as soon as turn 4 (5 turns would probably be more reasonable, and 3 turns would probably be too extreme).

23 hours ago, Excaliber41b said:

Let the fatigue thing kick in after prestige ONE

I agree, I think on prestige 0 it isn't really needed--there are already so many game mechanics to learn that learning the fatigue mechanic and how to best play around it could definitely seem more discouraging than challenging.  That being said, I definitely would prefer it in the game.

12 hours ago, mister_eugene said:

Maybe fatigue could use cards and not turns : fatigue kick on after 18 cards played for example...

Would ruin fatigue for me. Most cards in the game are cards with a cost of 1. There are cards with a cost of 2 or 3, but also some with a cost of 0 and evoke cards. Turns where I play fewer than 3 cards are very rare. You also have several occasions to gain action points (grafts, cards), so wplaying 18 cards would often take fewer than 6 turns. You might be able to make it better by having only non-upgraded cards count, though.

Why not flip it around and give us a carrot instead of the stick? Add a buff for the first 6 (?) rounds. ;)

"Eager x6" - Cards gain XP when used.

It wouldn't only feel less punishing, but you'd also have a counter for "how long" you can still get card XP.

Archived