How to ensure eventually receiving Steam key?

I know I'm going to purchase this game eventually, so I see no reason to wait. However, I'm with a great many people on not being a big fan of EPIC. I'm totally open to changing that feeling if they fix critical issues, which is why it's so painful that my feelings remain negative toward them.

Anyhow, I just want to be sure that I'm understanding this correctly:

If I buy Griftlands ON THE EPIC STOREFRONT, I will receive a Steam key (or Steam access anyhow) in 1 year's time. Is there a catch? Is there something I need to be sure I do to receive the game on my Steam account when the time comes? Is the EPIC store the wrong place to buy it to get this?

If I purchase the Alpha, will I get the full game at launch?

Yes. When you buy Griftlands during Alpha, you will have access to the game through Early-Access and you will get the full game at launch. In June of next year, we will be releasing Griftlands into Early Access on Steam. Anyone who purchased on Epic will get the game on Steam for free, and vice versa.

Taken straight from the Alpha Launch Thread found here

Yeah, I read that. However, I'm concerned that there may be specific WAYS to get the game while it's on Epic that allow for receiving a Steam key. I've been burned by minor details too many times to not double check this.

I guess I'm going to take the risk, as they seem to be suggesting by the word "anyone" that there isn't some unique way of getting it. I'm just anxious, and it feels uncomfortable purchasing it without sure clarification.

Afaik as long as you've purchased it on the Epic games store you will get a steam key. No additional hurdles you'd have to jump through. At least not at this time. I'm sure as we get closer Klei will clarify any concerns anyone might have about receiving a game key on Steam.

5 hours ago, Bigfoot said:

We have an account system that we will be using where you will be able to verify ownership on Epic and we will grant the game to you on Steam. You can check it out at accounts.klei.com

So this system doesn't work yet, am I right? Because it doesn't allow me to link anything to the existed account except twitch and douyu. Also, I was able to register two different accounts with the same email address (one with Epic and one with Steam, both with different "Klei User ID" and "Player ID"). Honestly, it looks such a mess at the moment, I hope it will be fixed in due time.

Anyway, I've bought the game in EGS and I don't regret it, such quality for such low price (considering regional prices). And I don't actually need a copy in Steam, just letting you know that there are people who doesn't care that much where the game will be released if it will be high quality game. Cheers.

19 hours ago, SquarelyCircle said:

I know I'm going to purchase this game eventually, so I see no reason to wait. However, I'm with a great many people on not being a big fan of EPIC. I'm totally open to changing that feeling if they fix critical issues, which is why it's so painful that my feelings remain negative toward them.

Anyhow, I just want to be sure that I'm understanding this correctly:

If I buy Griftlands ON THE EPIC STOREFRONT, I will receive a Steam key (or Steam access anyhow) in 1 year's time. Is there a catch? Is there something I need to be sure I do to receive the game on my Steam account when the time comes? Is the EPIC store the wrong place to buy it to get this?

On a side note, what you don't like about epic game store?
I'm on the same boat, I really dislike epic game store, and I'd like to hear other people opinions.

I did make a sacrifice and purchased the alpha, because Klei makes amazing and gorgeous games.

On 7/16/2019 at 7:29 AM, Fire-Dragon-DoL said:

On a side note, what you don't like about epic game store?
I'm on the same boat, I really dislike epic game store, and I'd like to hear other people opinions.

I did make a sacrifice and purchased the alpha, because Klei makes amazing and gorgeous games.

I'm with you. I don't know if another company could get me to buy their game on the epic store. But I've bought the game, because Klei never disappoints. Well... except with the incredible brevity of Invisible Inc.'s campaign, but the game still had insane replayability.

As far as what's wrong with epic, I don't care to get into that here. There are plenty of places online where people delineate the many deficiencies with the epic launcher and epic as a company, especially in comparison to Steam and Valve. I'd rather leave this thread alone for discussing the original issue, which is about the eventual acquisition of a Steam key. Sounds like it's not going to be tough at all, when the time comes.

I don't understand this. I am from the almost eastern Europe part of EU, not rich not poor, I'm in lower middle class and still 12,50€ is like nothing. I bought this with plan to buy it on Steam in the end. If I get a Steam key for free great, if not ... its still 12,50, I bet you was scammed by your local shops and bars for much much more by now.

But its just me. I have the advantage that I never liked Steam to begin with, when it came into picture years back it was for me like Epic is for you now. So I don't blame you and I don't blame Epic, Steam already did what Epic is doing now and we survived it.

If you like the concept then definitely buy it. I spend 2 days having fun with it which is more that you can get out of some AAA games for that amount of cache in these days.

Archived