Crude oil => NG nerfed ?

Hi all !

Someone on the french discord mentionned that the crude oil to NG process has been nerfed. No time slot available for me before tonight or tomorrow to test it, has anyone did it yet ?

"Apparently", the ratio has changed from 1/3 sulfur & 2/3 methane to 2/3 sulfur & 1/3 methane...

That would be a very bad news :-/ also when we think about sulfur, that we have no uses actually...

Thanks the commu !

Nope, 1000kg of Sour Gas turned into 670kg methane and 330kg of Sulphur.

Untitled.png.9390e0baa7a256050a14f60add3c8851.png

1 hour ago, OxCD said:

That would be a very bad news :-/ also when we think about sulfur, that we have no uses actually...

As far as I know the new space destinations (above 110000km) are unreachable right now, so I think we're are due for nuclear rocket (what with all the nuclear stuff added to debug in this update). Sulphur will hopefully be used there.

Spoiler

One of the two win conditions are tied to the 200000km destination.

42 minutes ago, avc15 said:

sulphur, use it as an exhaust material in your heat chimney. What is its vaporization temp?

We can eject liquid into space, meaning it's enough to heat it to 115.2 C. However if you want a gas, 337 C is required. Both are within range of useful for getting rid of heat. The specific heat capacity is 0.7. Not great, but far better than the worst elements for this purpose and remember the sulfur starts at a really low temperature.

1 hour ago, Grimgaw said:

As far as I know the new space destinations (above 110000km) are unreachable right now, so I think we're are due for nuclear rocket (what with all the nuclear stuff added to debug in this update). Sulphur will hopefully be used there.

i have not tested ingame, but https://oni-assistant.com/tools/rocketcalculator tells me a hydrogen rocket should be able to reach it. without any other modules.

1 hour ago, Grimgaw said:

As far as I know the new space destinations (above 110000km) are unreachable right now

A quick sandbox / debug test:

• Configuration: Command Capsule, Cargo Bay, 2 Liquid Oxydizer Tank, 5 Liquid Fuel Tank, Hydrogen Engine
  • Fuel: 3.8t LH2 (5 * 760kg), Oxydizer: 3.8t LOX (2 * 1.9t)
  • Range: 201926.2km

It seems like larger hydrogen rockets can get out that far already, even with a cargo bay.

On 7/13/2019 at 9:31 AM, OxCD said:

Hi all !

Someone on the french discord mentionned that the crude oil to NG process has been nerfed. No time slot available for me before tonight or tomorrow to test it, has anyone did it yet ?

"Apparently", the ratio has changed from 1/3 sulfur & 2/3 methane to 2/3 sulfur & 1/3 methane...

Thanks the commu !

I may be the source of this rumor.  See when I tested it I did so by creating 10kg of super cold sour gas in debug mode and for some reason it caused it to have much more sulfur than expected something about it instantly turning into methane.  I extrapolated this when in fact if you actually build something that causes it to cool down and do a more realistic phase change, then this doesn't happen.   I'm not sure if this has been patched or not but that's what happened.

Archived