Showers and Grimy debuff

Hello,

I need some clarifications about the showers. So far it seems the only purpose is to remove the Grimy debuff on dupes, but i am not sure what this debuff does exactly. There are two issues i have with the showers. The first is that it takes around 30 seconds, it gives the same amount of polluted water so is not as useful as the bathrooms and if i don't use bathtime properly on the schedule times, the dupes will not finish their shower and go straight to bed.

So what exactly grimy does? Is it worth to have showers at all? Do you put your showers near the dupes bed or have a room with several showers?

Thanks

15 minutes ago, Artorias36 said:

So what exactly grimy does? Is it worth to have showers at all? Do you put your showers near the dupes bed or have a room with several showers?

Thanks

The grimy debuff does nothing currently, however, showing gives Dupes a +3 morale boost for the whole day.

6 hours ago, Squeegee said:

The grimy debuff does nothing currently, however, showing gives Dupes a +3 morale boost for the whole day.

Not quite, it gives the Showered debuff until they wake up unless they step in a liquid that is not water (polluted water, crude oil, etc).  Stepping in polluted water removed the buff.

Showering also removes all debuffs related to becoming wet. Wet feet und sopping wet cause stress and can be removed faster when a Dupe showers. Other than that the only thing showering does is giving you +3 morale for a cycle.

Archived