Is rushing bosses or ruins sole without talks in public servers bad manners?

Is rushing bosses or ruins sole without talks in public server bad manners?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Simply.

• Yes
    • No
    • Case by case
    • Don't know
  2. 2. For those who want to answer details.

• Yes(advanced player)
    • No(advanced player)
    • Case by case(advanced player)
    • Yes(beginner)
    • No(beginner)
    • Case by case(beginner)
    • Don't know

In most public servers, it is highly unlikely that it will go far enough for bosses or the ruins to be done with a group of players or even considered. Even if they are successful, it doesn't matter if they give the rewards away or not, as there's a high chance nobody would fight the bosses or go to the ruins in the first place. 

Yeah I do it sometimes. (Ruins rush)

Dude, on ps4 pubs, no one ever goes to the ruins unless they just found out about them wanna see what they're like and die to the monkeys

If I didn't go down there all the loot would go to waste

As for boss rush, only one I ever consistently do is dragonfly on pubs. I have never seen anyone else on pubs even attempt him. Hell yes that loots mine (to be fair I usually go to where everyone's basing and share the furnace)

on klei pubs nothing matters because everyone will die nothing will stay everything will be reset

but if its a long time pub that is often turned off, and someone tooks all the important stuff then tell him to frick off and eat hot chilli in summer

Bosses and Ruins rushes in pubs are ok and for advanced players I reckon that's the best place to do so: in Survival Vanilla dedicated servers (more so if Klei Official - 'cause they regen very often). BUT! The main condition for all server peeps be able to also have fun is not to pillage resources in your rush for specific run. Don't hammer all pig houses you encounter, more so if is Pig King's village, don't dig all Blue/Green Caps you find, and ffs don't hammer all Bunnymen villages you stumbleupon for carrots - all the more if you just leave the damn bunnies alive be around a perpetual hazard for anyone going in caves (as a large contingent of people does carry meats and/or play a monster character). Be a bit considerate, not just yolo at the expense of all others. And if you happen to be doing these no-noes on Endless servers.. then congrats: you're a A-hole! (sadly I've encountered plenty of these chumps in Endless).

Public servers are a lawless land. Don't set someone else's base on fire and don't steal things that aren't yours. Other than that everything is on the table. Someone starving and you just made a meaty stew? Eat it. Teach them hunger management. I was once optimistic about public servers, but as a Maxwell main I had my Codex Umbra stolen one too many times by people who I was babysitting and didn't know what it was and just had the mindset of "Thingy on ground? Can pick up? ME TAKE!"

So in short, no. Take what you can and give nothing back. 

I ruin rush in pubs all the time, no one complains, and no one notices.

Till I say something, then they still don't care. I find its the best way to gauge ones skill in the game. Now, if you find someone else ruin rushing, well... It still doesn't matter. Hahahaaaaa...

This has only happened to me once, I was there first, but he prepped with weapons for the boss, he gave the weapons, I cheesed it and we went off with the loot!

1 hour ago, seyfitoplar said:

Just go and do your solo challenges in your world. I would say. At least not in cooperative servers.

But how can they spam chat then via Status Announcements mod with "I have a rare boss loot in my inventory" expecting some player appraisal only to be disappointed by lack of any feedback from "all those noobs" quietly dying from Starvation and Night Grue, rage-quitting to start anew in another Survival server ...in dire need of pillaging for boss runs, eeeh?! :lol:

I don't know about pc, but on xbox, it shows that less that 1 percent have ever defeated the ancient guardian and other bosses. And there are people everywhere that don't know what there doing, so I don't think anyone would mind if someone got a ton of loot from a place that they didn't even know existed, or was to scared to go there.

1 minute ago, reverentsatyr said:

I don't know about pc, but on xbox, it shows that less that 1 percent have ever defeated the ancient guardian and other bosses. And there are people everywhere that don't know what there doing, so I don't think anyone would mind if someone got a ton of loot from a place that they didn't even know existed, or was to scared to go there.

It's the same on ps4. 0.9% 

Archived