The Lazy Deserter is Must be Usable When Alone

The Lazy Deserter is a helpful structures when you playing with somebody. We are usually forgetting when playing alone or we are using as a ornamental. İn my opinion it is must be usable when alone. Of course will need to cost for using. Maybe the cost may lower your maximum sanity. Can be as when Maxwell calls shadow puppets.

Even if I know you actually want to have a TELEPORT use from it, you can use this little one to go crazy as you like, I've made some stations with the Deserter on the Moon Island so my sanity always keep as bad at possible ;)

12 hours ago, MrDo said:

The Lazy Deserter is a helpful structures when you playing with somebody. We are usually forgetting when playing alone or we are using as a ornamental. İn my opinion it is must be usable when alone. Of course will need to cost for using. Maybe the cost may lower your maximum sanity. Can be as when Maxwell calls shadow puppets.

Just use Telelocator Staff and Telelocator Focus. Usable when playing alone - check, cost for using - check, sanity cost - check. Problem solved, especially when it was designed to this very purpose

31 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

Just use Telelocator Staff and Telelocator Focus. Usable when playing alone - check, cost for using - check, sanity cost - check. Problem solved, especially when it was designed to this very purpose

In addition to this, it has a two-way teleport system to it as well. Have two TP focus ready for teleportation, stand in the middle of one Telelocator Focus, telelocate yourself, and you'll teleport to the other Telelocator Focus, not the one you're under. Lazy Deserter for solo tp'ing isn't a necessity cause we have something for solo teleporting. (Cost being Purple Gems.) :wilson_love:

Demonstration in case it didn't make sense:

Spoiler

13 hours ago, lakhnish said:

In addition to this, it has a two-way teleport system to it as well. Have two TP focus ready for teleportation, stand in the middle of one Telelocator Focus, telelocate yourself, and you'll teleport to the other Telelocator Focus, not the one you're under. Lazy Deserter for solo tp'ing isn't a necessity cause we have something for solo teleporting. (Cost being Purple Gems.) :wilson_love:

Demonstration in case it didn't make sense:

Reveal hidden contents

Actually it has more-than-two-way system. When there are more than one focuses in the world, it teleport you to the closest one that is further than 1 unit (that's why it does not teleport you to the one you are standing on). It's unusable in caves tho 

I always thought that a teleport costs a desert stone. Just learned recently that it only costs sanity. Maybe a single person teleport should cost a desert stone, since there really isn't much of a use of these things once you have the lazy deserter crafted.

17 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

I always thought that a teleport costs a desert stone. Just learned recently that it only costs sanity. Maybe a single person teleport should cost a desert stone, since there really isn't much of a use of these things once you have the lazy deserter crafted.

Yes there is, actually. If one of your friends is channeling the lazy deserter, your inventory's desert stone will be 'activated' and will allow you to return home with it, as if it was a portable lazy deserter.

Example: You and two of your friends are on a world, You and Friend 1 are searching for the atrium, but are clearly underprepared. So, Friend 2 stays in the entrance of the caves, with a lazy deserter, and if anything goes bad, he channels the lazy deserter, and you use the desert stones to teleport back to the start and come back later when you're better prepared. (Probably a bad example, but I tried.)

Desert_Stone_Active.png.2b7748a9e5cc36aa3c3ecd1790bc9e7d.pngEdit: This is how an active desert stone would look like in your inventory.

Archived