For anyone who is interested...

SpoonyBardIV

31 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Holy **** I gotta try this. I always wanted a complete bonkers massive world that would make me grateful for Coffee.

I should warn you, anything over 2000 (the 5000 in my original post was a typo) will cause the "run out of memory" crash. You want me to upload some screenshots of some of the different sizes I've tried?

Just now, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

How's yours at 5000, then? Also sure, pictures would be cool.

The 5000 was a typo... I'll get some pictures in a few minutes.

Default (450)

image.thumb.png.e45818458808be5bb7983121126f17b9.png

image.thumb.png.7f86c759db7294c53079c7b24d354045.png

I personally use anywhere between 650 and 750. Anything above that tends to create completely inaccessible islands. There are some with wormholes, but most don't and they are too far to telepoof.

image.png

Sorry for the duplicate picture, I couldn't remove it for some reason... :confused:

If you do want to make worlds with values of 1000+, I recommend you use this mod:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=845740921

It adds a special pitchfork that allows you ti dig up water tiles and place turf.

3 hours ago, bizziboi said:

Heads up, anything over about 1950 (probably a bit less) runs a severe risk of serious conflicts with the interior system if your world is Hamlet compatible.

cause Interiors are located at far corners of the Map, I figured this out thru seeing how GTA SA built interior inside the map in out of boundary of player's map view and the same is in DS HAM, 
(you can even notice them right now by seeing the map edges if you have visited any ruins/interiors)

surprising to see you guys used the same method : )

6 minutes ago, MWY said:

cause Interiors are located at far corners of the Map, I figured this out thru seeing how GTA SA built interior inside the map in out of boundary of player's map view and the same is in DS HAM, 
(you can even notice them right now by seeing the map edges if you have visited any ruins/interiors)

surprising to see you guys used the same method : )

That means using house expand permit you can someday make a door to another interior

• Developer

Huh, I didn't know this - it's pure coincidence. Initially the interiors were generated inside the map, but to make it work with SW (which has no empty map areas) I ended up using an 'off map' area. Guess it's just the simplest solution people come up with without having to build too many custom systems that have to rely on regular world systems like physics, rendering and pathfinding.

Just now, Desblat said:

That means using house expand permit you can someday make a door to another interior

you already could in the HAM interior beta, you literally could make Structures/Shops inside interiors allowing you access to other interior/shop.

The process is very simple where a Door serves the same function as a Wormhole, only it doesn't eat your sanity nor takes as much time as a Wormhole does instead its immediate where it teleports you to the interior.

1 minute ago, bizziboi said:

Huh, I didn't know this - it's pure coincidence. Initially the interiors were generated inside the map, but to make it work with SW (which has no empty map areas) I ended up using an 'off map' area. Guess it's just the simplest solution people come up with without having to build too many custom systems that have to rely on regular world systems like physics, rendering and pathfinding.

True, People found out the GTA SA interiors by just no clipping thru the map and looking at the edges, they found places that were not possible to access in the game but were present and allowed the same Physics to occur as they would in outside world, the only problem now is that creatures like Moleworms will try to dig towards the main map area when put inside interiors causing them continuously dig and not come out or do anything unless falling a sleep.

Just now, bizziboi said:

Oh, I think it would be pretty easy to mod an interior portal.....if you could figure out the user interface side of it. Or heck, a portable portal that always links to its crafted sibling.

Just sayin ;)

Something similar should be present for both Wagstaff's Teleport Umbrella and Telelocator Staff allowing you to only teleport to the pad/focus that is connected to umbrella/staff manually.

its better then the closest pad/focus mechanic.

(holding the Umbrella/Staff and looking at the map will show you X marks the sport towards the Pad/Focus that is connected to said Umbrella/Staff)

Archived