very cool new game

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

5a5ab3d31d47f_Arielinternalfrustration.png.7c234e5d8c237bccc0568cbd759e9ade.png

I mean he is right but...

Normally steam takes 30% and after 50 milion copies sold they take 20% off any extra purchases while Epic is notorious for it's quick cash-making scheme ( they take 18% off -and they pay money for it's anti-consumer choosing exclusivity deals )

Not to mention Tencent and the thing Tencent does...

The problem with epic is they have never been and probably never will be consumer friendly. Nor are they developer friendly. Look at how their own developers are treated for a quick peek into how miserable steam would be if it was ran by epic. Think 100 hour work weeks awhile not being considered a human. And don't forget the security breaches they have had. Epic is not the healthy competition steam needs. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if the only reason klei are still willing to attach their good name to epic's poor name is because they made this agreement before all this was blatantly obvious to everyone.

I am crushed between my favorite developers and their new game verses my most despised retailer.

It will be on steam by the time it hits final release anyway and for 12,50€ whats to complain about. For that price I can enjoy it as is and get enough entertainment from it. And for an alpha it works very well.

7 hours ago, Maxeek said:

It will be on steam by the time it hits final release anyway and for 12,50€ whats to complain about. For that price I can enjoy it as is and get enough entertainment from it. And for an alpha it works very well.

There's nothing to complain about the game itself. Even if I am a bit confused by the game shift from traditional rpg to card based,  I trust Klei to deliver a quality product. I just don't want to support a storefront run by Epic with all their dubious, questionable, and anti-consumer actions.

Which means I will not support this game until its available at a different place.

40 minutes ago, WilliamGreywind said:

There's nothing to complain about the game itself. Even if I am a bit confused by the game shift from traditional rpg to card based,  I trust Klei to deliver a quality product. I just don't want to support a storefront run by Epic with all their dubious, questionable, and anti-consumer actions.

Which means I will not support this game until its available at a different place.

I almost got to day 3 by this time and still learning. :D Its a game you should play forever, dying and dying and dying until one day you finish it and considering its alpha and year till release, there can be much more content at the end.

17 minutes ago, Maxeek said:

I almost got to day 3 by this time and still learning. :D Its a game you should play forever, dying and dying and dying until one day you finish it and considering its alpha and year till release, there can be much more content at the end.

Like I said, I have nothing against Klei or their game. I'm certain that it would be a remarkable game and enjoyable to play if I took the time. But the fact it's on the Epic Game Store is the ONLY reason why I refuse to purchase this game. Enjoy the game all you want, I'm afraid that I will not participate in the alpha process until it is on steam proper.

3 minutes ago, WilliamGreywind said:

Like I said, I have nothing against Klei or their game. I'm certain that it would be a remarkable game and enjoyable to play if I took the time. But the fact it's on the Epic Game Store is the ONLY reason why I refuse to purchase this game. Enjoy the game all you want, I'm afraid that I will not participate in the alpha process until it is on steam proper.

I can't hate Epic. Because I hated Steam for the same things years ago. I don't really like Steam till this day. Valve was never my favourite developer and they're just cash cows now. No longer releasing games, just milking it with their constantly lagging garbage service. Allowing open gambling on their market. In the end you should buy all your games on GoG. No greed there.

Archived