[Poll] Domestication

How often do you domesticate a beefalo?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you domesticate a beefalo?

• Every server I play
    • Only on endgame
    • Only when I'm bored
    • I tried it once but I didn't like it
    • Never did it before
    • I hate beefalos!
  2. 2. What other mob do you wish we could domesticate and mount it?

• Varg
    • Clay Varg
    • Goose/Goose
    • Koalefant
    • Rock Lobster
    • Volt Goat
    • No-Eyed Deer
    • Glommer
    • Treeguard
    • Clockwork Rook
    • Ewecus
    • Crawling Horror
    • Depths Worm
    • Toadstool
    • Nothing but beefalos

I just imagined an image o an koalephant with a saddle with buckets on the sides and the koalephant spilling water with his trunk to extinguish a fire...

Is quite stupid but would make the domesticated koalephant different at something from the beef.

If we domesticated No-Eyed Deer just to ride them around, we would be no better than that eye-stitched monster Klaus who chained those poor creatures and stuck gems on their heads!

I can imagine riding a Volt Goat... suddenly a lightning bolt strikes and you're bucked off. When you get up, your once-trusty steed has turned on you, and now you must put him/her down.

I'm interested to know how you could coax a Koalefant into letting you get close... maybe something to do with using their trunk-vests (Breezy Vest and Puffy Vest). That way we would get more practical use out of those chest-slot items. 

I don't think a tree guard would be a good idea because what if you're riding one and then it sees your buddy chopping down the forest. That would get awkward real fast.

Crawling horror is a nightmare only you can see (lore-wise), so your DST buddies would see you literally floating if you could ride it. And Depth Worms travel underground. I don't mean to discredit all your ideas, I'm just playing all them out in my head and laughing at all the scenarios! 

I just saw the poll results and it made me smile at how many people want Koalefant mounts!

Phew, this one was way too close for comfort, all my butterfly wings almost got rotten as no one helped me get living logs and Treeguards just refused to show up all day. In any case, I especially prioritize it when playing with characters with damage reduction like Wes and Wendy, it greatly remedies their damage nerfs and make them good, fast and efficient fighters. I think of it as their specialty, especially Wes'.

A lot of people refrain from domestication because they think of it as a very lengthy process but I disagree, quoting Deepak Chopra's words: "The Journey is the Destination". As soon as you feed it its first grass and saddle it, you immediately get its speed and power benefits and your ride time constantly increases. You don't need to use much food either unless you want a Pudgy Beefalo. You can get it domesticated by riding to all places for a Rider and fighting spiders and such for Ornery. Just keep its obedience high enough by feeding it grass and twigs and place some salt licks to prevent loss of Domestication from Starvation.

20190612010333_1.thumb.jpg.9680f3768c1822c6557ff7ee5fafeea1.jpg

10 hours ago, Swanky Psammead said:

Depths Worm would be my first priority for new mounts since we can’t bring beefalo into the caves.

They are such an agressive mob and they constantly dive underground, they're the hounds of Caves. Wouldn't Rock Lobsters made more sense, as just like beefalos they are neutral, feedable, live in herds, habit a specific biome?

7 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

They are such an agressive mob and they constantly dive underground, they're the hounds of Caves. Wouldn't Rock Lobsters made more sense, as just like beefalos they are neutral, feedable, live in herds, habit a specific biome?

Rock Lobster mounts would feel odd to me as they're bipedal and intelligent. Like riding a rabbit or pigman : P I can see the case for it though.

8 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

It's simple really, nothing that isn't using the beef sheet/animations makes sense to be mountable.

Archived