Old Water Texture Appreciation.

Alright so from what I’ve seen the ocean just suddenly stops, my idea is that once you get to the point where the sea starts to go away you sea a thick blue-ish fog and just beyond that is the old water texture (it’s movement is sped up to look more un-sailable).

Maybe upon approaching the fog your character says something. For example Wilson would maybe say,” That’s scientifically impossible!” Or Wortox could say,” Wild waves make watery graves!”

But then again I dunno I just think it’d be a neat way of limiting the ocean size.

I'm fond enough of the concept and I do kind of miss the old cardboard-cutout waves, but I also really enjoy what currently happens when you sail outside the map. (Right now it's extremely difficult to do that by accident, but merely tricky to do it on purpose.) It's pleasantly eerie and I like it for the same reason I like the Far Lands from Minecraft.

On 5/30/2019 at 10:43 PM, b_legend said:

The people at Klei are flat earthers

Or at the very least the Constant is flat.

I mean, Maxwell did make it out of his imagination, and I can be fairly certain in saying he wasn't in the know about the Earth's shape.

He can only make what he knows, and so that's what we have.

Spoiler

Also he was pulled into the Constant from a book, books being flat, ergo flat constant.

4 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Or at the very least the Constant is flat.

I mean, Maxwell did make it out of his imagination, and I can be fairly certain in saying he wasn't in the know about the Earth's shape.

He can only make what he knows, and so that's what we have.

Reveal hidden contents

Also he was pulled into the Constant from a book, books being flat, ergo flat constant.

it could also be in reference to chess there are a lot of those in DS like adventure mode, the fight between the light and dark, and literal chess pieces in game

Maybe the Constant's just not big enough in any particular instance of itself for a round world to be practical. The land area is smaller than, say, Prince Edward Island or Vancouver Island, you can walk the distance across its longest axis in a few days at most, so unless most of its surface area is ocean I don't think that's enough for its mass to form it into a sphere from its own gravity.

Archived