DST sea bases can be done even without boat linking!

5ce59667add59_oceanbase.thumb.png.06fee08766f85515ce7f3e5bbe99f4e7.png

This is it! Although boats have can only placed at a certain distance away from each other, and the wonky hitboxes might be bothersome, You can easily overcome these obstacles by using some anchors, an oar and a bit of elbow grease! check out this Timelapse of me building one step by step. Let me know your thoughts on it. Cheers <3

Somewhat new to sea-basing, so forgive me if this sounds noob-ish but... How can I link boats "the intended way" and how strong is the link?
For example, can I have like 10 interconnected boats and sail away like a moving man-made island? america eggsplain

1 hour ago, AdventZen said:

Somewhat new to sea-basing, so forgive me if this sounds noob-ish but... How can I link boats "the intended way" and how strong is the link?
For example, can I have like 10 interconnected boats and sail away like a moving man-made island? america eggsplain

You cannot link boats as of right now. 
It may be possible in a future update, however.

10 hours ago, Zeklo said:

I personally would like boat linking so I can make it mobile.

I made this as a stationary sea base, although things might change if boat linking will be a thing in the future. The trick is also useful for getting boats as close to the land as possible when you want to make a nice looking bridge. Also, hi Zeklo, big fanboy :3

12 minutes ago, lifetheuniverse said:

You may want to invest in a Lightning Rod and a Flingomatic.

Yes, it happens on boats.
Finally get the last boat in place on a bridge to the """MOON"""" and lightning hits the anchor T-T

LOL yeah i noticed after i uploaded the video, woopsies. Can always fit a lightning rod on the utility boat and a flingo in the center boat 

Archived