What is the Best Character/Characters for hamlet and why?

Bobert216

So i was curious, i often forget what i can do (an example being ill get set up have everything and then forget what to do next thinking "I can survive forever just like this if i wanted to" and forgetting i could go to another island or ruins Etc.) so i was wondering what each character is the best at what in Hamlet? Like how Wilba can steal from pigs and they give her items, is that more useful then some think or is it less useful then others praise it to be? with WX-78 is he really the best because of the lightning or is there someone else that better for some reason or another, i'm just wondering what the Meta is? as well as some characters that are effective yet still fun (not like Wes, more of a Wormwood/Wilba. not useless, like is Woodlegs good for some odd reason no one knows about even though there's like 90% land? let us know!)

Wx78 - Because thunderbirds

Wickerbottom - Just the usuall 

Wheeler - She can shoot anything and she can dodge

Warbucks - No penalty vortox cloak + sanity regen

Maxwell - No penalty vortex cloak

Webber - Establishes  a new rule in hamlet 

Wormwood - the most viable character to base in jungle

As you know, they all have their perks and drawbacks, so not sure what you want to hear beyond the usual.

Personally, WX's overcharge is so awesome, that it becomes hard to live without it when you get used to it. I would pick WX in Hamlet over anybody else even if he could not upgrade with gears. The ability to make him almost immortal in the late game with the crazy health pool that he can reach is just totally bonkers. I would pick all the other characters only to have a different kind of game. I like how the new characters each have very unique play styles, they really got this totally right in Hamlet.

Wagstaff - Can teleport between islands easily (no need to go through ruins) and his goggles don't give a crap about fog so he moves at full speed in Lush season. His goggles also have a built in magnifying glass he can use to get treasure off random objects like trees.

People really underestimate Wendy, exploring ruins causes no sanity problems, Abigail can destroy traps, she can solo ruin bats, vampire bat swarms, scorpions, other ghosts, Weevoles, Snakes... she's absolutely nuts.

You can kill off any annoying pogs on command without potentially causing a swarm of them, she can take aggro from the guards which lets you get away with a lot of actions...

Otherwise yeah, WX, Warbucks, and Maxwell. Maxwell gets bonus points for being able to deal with scorpions using his shadow ghosts, Warbucks for being able to better negate the Vortex Cloak downside.

5 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

People really underestimate Wendy, exploring ruins causes no sanity problems, Abigail can destroy traps, she can solo ruin bats, vampire bat swarms, scorpions, other ghosts, Weevoles, Snakes... she's absolutely nuts.

I don't think anyone loses sanity in ancient pig ruins the way they do in caves, though.

Archived