Where do you guys build your hamlets?

JosePapp

In the end game at least, I just world hop build them in RoG, easier to reap the benefits of housing and shops that way while having all the resources you need. Hammer down all the existing pig towns in Hamlet and bring the materials over. World hop with telepotato and repeat.

Of course if you’re not merged, you’re probably going to want to be on the first island so you have easy access to trading for oincs with the mayor.

If worlds are connected, I prefer either SW or RoG. SW just because the islands can be so aesthetically pleasing. 

If in Hamlet, I would build it on the Island with the aporkalypse Calender. Also I prefer not to hammer down the other cities. I just can't get myself to do it,its so vile.

8 minutes ago, Rhobious_Aran said:

I would build it on the Island with the aporkalypse Calender.

Though a viable option for easily stopping the Aporkalupse, if you hook hook a telelocator system between your base and the calendar, you don't need to worry where the calendar compared to your base.

When in Hamlet i build it on the tuber biom (1st island) . 

In shipwrecked preferably on fishermerm island but a slot machine island is also fine of it has enough space. 

In RoG its gotta be either desert, swamp or bichnut 

In caves its gotta be that one swamp biom with a lot of natural  light since lamps only start working at dusk thus forcing the civilians to live in the darkness. 

In ruins on the spawn since pretty much only lamps, shanty and guard towers serve any purpouse. Anything else won't work. 

4 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Though a viable option for easily stopping the Aporkalupse, if you hook hook a telelocator system between your base and the calendar, you don't need to worry where the calendar compared to your base.

Yes, but well. I don't destroy the pig cities. And I don't like it aesthetically to have 2 cities on the same island.

in hamlet of course the first island (for me).. because it's connect to all island. if you build on 2nd island or other island .. and want fight pugalisk/mantqueen/ go to aporkalypse clock.. you need to go to 1st isand first. and it's a lot of work walking in the ruins, one things that annoy me in the ruins is the vines.. geez they always grows back..

if i build in RoG.. always near PK because we got a free pig house lol.. 

I'm currently building in a Deciduous Biome in RoG. I had to worldhop 5 times until I got the perfect worldgen I wanted, because I wanted no permanent obstructions in the biome, and a Chess Biome setpiece to use as town square/downtown (and I got 3!).

I have a very large estate for myself at the northern end of town, which honestly was the majority of my time building so far. I had to put myself first, getting my estate turfed out with SW Meadow Turf and gathering hundreds of Twigs and Grass and Bamboo and Coffee, and some Elephant Cacti for protection. Even still there are some "me" things I need to finish, like decoration my whole yard and whatnot. I keep my Skyworthy far away from there so that giants or hounds don't boogeyman me right when I come home and ruin everything.

For the city itself, I have many roads down, but only the downtown area is really populated right now, with shops and houses. Like I said, a nice setpiece with a Maxwell Statue and 4 identical Marble Trees serves as the center of it. I have no lampposts right now, because they're both a hassle to make en masse and also because the Obsidian Firepit near my house combined with the Obsidian Firepit downtown is enough to light up all of both.

Also, pro-tip, if you're building in RoG, be sure to stock up on Dribble Pipes and Howling Conchs. They make it rain, and smoldering doesn't happen while it rains. Using the Skyworthy after blowing on one seems to prolong the duration drastically, too.

Archived