What would the best use for it be?

The living artifact suit is single-handedly the most OP item introduced to don’t starve... for three minutes. That is perfectly fine and balanced, but I wanted to get some opinions as to what everyone thinks those three minutes should be used for? The first thing that comes to mind for me is a free boss kill, mass resource gathering, clearing a reed trap, or possibly something to rush the ruins after a world hop. Especially since it’s one time use, I feel like you should have an efficient task in mind you’d like to be completed, so what are some of your ideas?

I keep seeing people say it's a one time use thing. Why? 

Like, the Magic Water always regens, and when you kill the Hulk, it's parts scatter, not get destroyed. 

I don't get what people mean it' a one time use thing.

3 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

I don't get what people mean it' a one time use thing.

It's not refuelable. It's not repairable. It's not unequippable. You get one use out of it, and then it's gone. That's what a "one-use" item is.

Yes you can craft another, but that's the proper terminology.

4 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

tbh just get the entire hulk over to the Pugalisk island and let them fight, then finish off the hulk since his portal attack will 100% kill pugalisk.

This man's got the ideas.

Anyways, the Living Artifact is awesome and very fun, but I'm starting to question the viability of it. Its best use would be a free boss kill in any DLC of your choosing, but you have to kill two bosses in the first place to get it. Not only that, but it might just be easier to keep a Vortex Cloak nearby packed with some Nightmare Fuel for refueling and then go run off to fight a boss with a Dark Sword or Cutlass Supreme.

Since it has night vision, I was thinking it could be used for clearing the ruins in RoG.

4 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

tbh just get the entire hulk over to the Pugalisk island and let them fight, then finish off the hulk since his portal attack will 100% kill pugalisk.

That needs a lot of purple gems to use multiple times.

8 hours ago, Zeklo said:

It's not refuelable. It's not repairable. It's not unequippable. You get one use out of it, and then it's gone. That's what a "one-use" item is.

Yes you can craft another, but that's the proper terminology.

Ah, I guess this makes more sense. 

My mind works weird, I tend to associate one-use with irreplaceable.
This clears it up, however.

6 hours ago, Mooagain said:

That needs a lot of purple gems to use multiple times.

When you kill the hulk, its pieces will scatter across the island it was killed on. You'll only need 3 purple gems, since you can telelocate the assembled hulk to the island.

1 hour ago, Sunset Skye said:

When you kill the hulk, its pieces will scatter across the island it was killed on. You'll only need 3 purple gems, since you can telelocate the assembled hulk to the island.

So if you want to farm it, send it to the roc's island and it will take only a few seconds to rebuild it.

8 hours ago, Mooagain said:

Since it has night vision, I was thinking it could be used for clearing the ruins in RoG.

I thought that too, but the problem here is that:

-You have no inventory, and going back over once the suit runs out and collecting any mined Thulecite or Gems would be a pain in the ass because the map icons would be gone.

-You cannot go down sinkholes or up ropes to descend or ascend the caves and ruins.

-Everything you have is dropped when it's activated, meaning you have to drop all your **** right on the ruins floor, and if you don't get back to some sort of light source before the suit runs out you're ****** because you can't keep a light source on you.

These problems are exactly why I made this thread:

I play Wilba and since you get your stats back to 100% when it runs out I wanted to see if you could use it to cheese the hunger drain and lost health as WereWilba, but she can't even use it in that form.

I'll stick to WereWilba instead of Iron Man and use the magic water to heal and regain hunger instead. Beside the invulnerability and laser, it's pretty much the same anyway.

Archived