What was Wilson doing before he got kidnapped by Maxwell?

Or he knew Wilson couldn't resist gaining more knowledge, and that Wilson was capable of creating the machine for him.

I agree. I think Maxwell picked Wilson due to him being not only intelligent enough to build the machine, but desperate/unhinged enough to willingly accept an offer of great knowledge from a radio that's talking directly to him.

I got a lil' theory about Maxwell.What if he is some kind "desire demon"? Like the one who knows your most valued dreams. So he appeared by Wilson first because he knew he is the only one that would be able to materialize him in the real world and made him build a machine wich sucked him into the shadowy realm out of wich Maxwell came from. But he still can't kill Wilson in that world by himself because he's simply "ghostlike" so he sends Grue, some hounds and the Mactusks to do the job for him. The native pigs and their King are not under the influence of Maxwell, they don't even care for him. If you think about it, this is a good way to bring all the other characters into the storyline too, everyone of them had some kind of desire:Willow wanted to start the biggest fire ever or something like that.Wendy wants Abigail back.Wolfgang wants to be the strongest man alive and overcome his fears (he's kind of a wuss if you ask me)Wx-78 wants to be alive (or kill everything that is alive?)Wickerbottom... I don't know what the hell she would possibly wantAnd Wes wants ....., ... ..... ... ....... ..... ....!? (jokes aside, he probably just wants to be able to talk... or maybe have a bit more luck)Either Maxwell lures them all into Wilsons cabin and drags them into his world like that, or they all have their unique story how they got into his world. But yah, that is just my crazy imagination.

Edited by StormLightsBane

You see, the story is quite simple. Wilson actually wanted to become a pirate so he attempted to make himself a ship in his small attic of course. Then Maxwell decided to help him out but Wilson noticed that Maxwell had cheese so he attempted to kill Maxwell to get the cheese. Maxwell then pulled of some back flips and karate on Wilson. Then Wilson performed his demonic assassin hands teleport to get away but it malfunctioned and put him into a place with no cheese.Don't ask me how I know this, I have connections.

After I read the wiki page and looked into Maxwell's Demon theory I thought that it added up pretty well with the story theoretically as maxwell's 'demon' was just something to open a gate to let some things in and others out to break a law of thermodynamics but basically it is just arranging things differently (This stuff goes over my head XD i'm no sheldon) like maxwell has done in the game with bringing players into his world and possibly putting something into the other.This seems unlikely though since I have searched for references with Wilson to no avail :( Even tried Milson, Watson etc so I doubt the story would be references unless it all was :)

(Editing won't work without bugging :o)Wilson was a failing inventor it seemed but made some kind of pact with maxwell for knowledge as you see crazy things flying around like schematics of random things that don't look related to the machine. The story goes something along these lines anyway or at least this is how I interpret it.

You see, the story is quite simple. Wilson actually wanted to become a pirate so he attempted to make himself a ship in his small attic of course. Then Maxwell decided to help him out but Wilson noticed that Maxwell had cheese so he attempted to kill Maxwell to get the cheese. Maxwell then pulled of some back flips and karate on Wilson. Then Wilson performed his demonic assassin hands teleport to get away but it malfunctioned and put him into a place with no cheese.Don't ask me how I know this, I have connections.

omg.... OF COURSE!!! That's why Wilson's hair looks like a make shift pirate hat! And there really is NO CHEESE RECIPES IN GAME!! That's why he used duct taped mice!!! And the knife was to 'cut the cheese' but he used on himself to see how sharp it was but ruined his Maxwell=death potion >.< *smacks forehead* how did i not see that! >.<I just reread that and now i have the desire to draw this epic action scene >.>;;;;;

When I first saw that video, I just thought Wilson had sold his soul to Maxwell (the Devil) in exchange for loads of, if not all, knowledge. But maybe Wilson is just a child with an overactive imagination who thinks he is building these amazing contraptions but is really just playing around with cardboard boxes or whatever. Maxwell is his dad who is punishing him for messing around so much so he banishes him to a boarding school or something. But, Wilson still has his imagination so pretends he's on this amazing new island where all the other kids are monsters and stuff. Of course, that becomes pretty dark when he's going around killing them with axes.

When I first saw that video, I just thought Wilson had sold his soul to Maxwell (the Devil) in exchange for loads of, if not all, knowledge. But maybe Wilson is just a child with an overactive imagination who thinks he is building these amazing contraptions but is really just playing around with cardboard boxes or whatever. Maxwell is his dad who is punishing him for messing around so much so he banishes him to a boarding school or something. But, Wilson still has his imagination so pretends he's on this amazing new island where all the other kids are monsters and stuff. Of course, that becomes pretty dark when he's going around killing them with axes.

How did you ever think of that? I believe you have the overactive imagination, not Wilson, xD.