What if Willow's lighter is refuelable?

18 minutes ago, Tapirus said:

Sounds interesting, probably even more if the Lighter could produce some light source in the floor, like the Lantern.

That one is yet another brilliant and plausible idea. That feature might help boost night or cave resource gathering of early game, and can be used in its unique way differentiated from the lantern, if combined with the refuelable ability I mentioned.

I'd really love it if Willow's lighter could compete with the lantern in terms of usefulness, especially if it could create a hands free source of light in a similar vein. My brother came up with an idea where instead of her lighter being infinite, it would automatically refuel itself over time when not being used, which I think would be a balanced enough trade off for receiving buffs to boost it into being on par with the lantern.

17 hours ago, HeatAndRun said:

That one is yet another brilliant and plausible idea. That feature might help boost night or cave resource gathering of early game, and can be used in its unique way differentiated from the lantern, if combined with the refuelable ability I mentioned.

Yeah, have the Lighter working as "Mini Lantern" could be useful as another option for exploration to different places like caves, and help as "Mini Fire Pit" too thanks to the possibility of cook with him.

On 4/26/2019 at 10:15 PM, HeatAndRun said:

What if Willow's lighter could be refueled by not spoiling items such as twigs, grass, or gold nuggets?

At least they are less tricky to deal with or store, compared to light bulbs.

I would love that personally, maybe with nightmare fuel... or nitre.. I think nitre makes a lot of sense

one idea i had the other day.. and I'm trying to pretty much materialize it with some concrete examples is making the lighter "upgradeable"... what this means is that Willow could change the focus of the lighter with items she has according to the current situation.

tbh I haven't figure it out quite yet  in a more concrete sense as to how these upgrades might look like in terms of materials and benefits... but I would keep keeping this idea in my mind and when I do have something tangible I'll probably gonna create a new post for it 

6 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

one idea i had the other day.. and I'm trying to pretty much materialize it with some concrete examples is making the lighter "upgradeable"... what this means is that Willow could change the focus of the lighter with items she has according to the current situation.

put a spike on it make it do more damage and boom you have a pseudo mourning star

you would hit things and use the burning mobs for light

Archived