Wagstaff analyzes Wx-78 ?

5 minutes ago, Thalkas said:

Snip

Keep in mind that the quotes for chars on the throne depend on the gender. WX's quote for wagstaff is the same for all other Male chars. However, WX-78 is the only char of the "robot" gender so wagstaff is specifically referring to them.

Actually this makes me wonder If wx even knows who their dad is....

16 minutes ago, Bluegeist said:

WX-78 is the only char of the "robot" gender so wagstaff is specifically referring to them.

Actually this makes me wonder If wx even knows who their dad is....

you mean Them right?

If you do... I don't think so.. We don't really have evidence to tight Them with mechanical creatures.. If ever we have evidence that nightmare fuel gave life to the mechanical creatures: they come alive sometimes under Nightmare Cycle.. drop NF when killed

Now, I think Wagstaff is just surprised to see WX:

- sitting on the throne at all

- experiencing fear like a sentient being.

as for WX... he probably existed before as an automaton in the voxola factory and got sucked into the portal in the Wagstaff - Winona - Voxola incident.. and gained consciousness via Nightmare Cycle... 

5cc05c78980f4_Screenshot(373).thumb.png.a7125746f8fb0a293e44e56f07e4ba56.png

1 hour ago, Bluegeist said:

However, WX-78 is the only char of the "robot" gender so wagstaff is specifically referring to them.

In normal Don't Starve Constant in "robot" gender is only WX, but when we will look in to Constant file in DLCs we can see more characaters as "robot" (RoG - 2 | SW - 3 | HAM - 4).

Spoiler

Normal

image.png.baf6698dcc12f9c54f817426849426e2.png

RoG

image.png.1f03336c71b556c31ec2109375f1c11e.png

SW

image.png.7e2623e8815d71f553f0a381967145ac.png

HAM

image.png.60ba6e94abb384b5c9f50f76b7153afb.png

9 minutes ago, Thalkas said:

In normal Don't Starve Constant in "robot" gender is only WX, but when we will look in to Constant file in DLCs we can see more characaters as "robot" (RoG - 2 | SW - 3 | HAM - 4).

Hide contents

Normal

image.png.baf6698dcc12f9c54f817426849426e2.png

RoG

image.png.1f03336c71b556c31ec2109375f1c11e.png

SW

image.png.7e2623e8815d71f553f0a381967145ac.png

HAM

image.png.60ba6e94abb384b5c9f50f76b7153afb.png

I don't think they are meant to be all robots in a literal sense.. 

Probably more like weirdos category... Including robots, monsters, spider hybrids, and living trees

They probs just reused one category they had and added on it

5 minutes ago, Thalkas said:

Snip

I'm aware, and tbh I don't know what it means because despite this, a Webber in rog uses male_puppet lines. I only know this because I examined webber while unlocking him, I've never won adventure mode to examine chars on the throne to know for sure.

16 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I don't think they are meant to be all robots in a literal sense.. 

Probably more like weirdos category... Including robots 

I think "robots" means "it" or hybrids. Probably Klei never expected that they will creat more unhuman characters so never changed this classification. So we should just taking this gender as "no male, no female but something other".

10 minutes ago, Bluegeist said:

I'm aware, and tbh I don't know what it means because despite this, a Webber in rog uses male_puppet lines. I only know this because I examined webber while unlocking him, I've never won adventure mode to examine chars on the throne to know for sure.

Basically only WX have robot_gender quote. So for me adding other characters in this gender in DLCs constants files have no sense now when they have male quotes. Maybe Klei is too lazy for doing special quotes and fix genders or they just dont want to do this and make lore in singleplayer when they are focus on multiplayer :p 

Still we can suppose that Wagstaff know who/what is WX and WX had to be the research probe but during the "pull in" to the constant he came to life. That would explain why he doesn't remember Wagstaff. But it's just a guess, without confirm by lore master nothing can be true.

45 minutes ago, Thalkas said:

Still we can suppose that Wagstaff know who/what is WX and WX had to be the research probe but during the "pull in" to the constant he came to life. That would explain why he doesn't remember Wagstaff. But it's just a guess, without confirm by lore master nothing can be true.

That's pretty much what I said before lol

2 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

as for WX... he probably existed before as an automaton in the voxola factory and got sucked into the portal in the Wagstaff - Winona - Voxola incident.. and gained consciousness via Nightmare Cycle... 

5cc05c78980f4_Screenshot(373).thumb.png.a7125746f8fb0a293e44e56f07e4ba56.png

3 minutes ago, Philsam said:

I'm sad now :,(

why? it's her nordic name... probs she gave it herself xD

or are Wig main?

3 hours ago, ucw said:

I am so confused!  How did you get two characters in the same game without playing ROG Adventure Mode?!?

ETA: oh, wait.  Are you all talking about DST?  

long story..

- Next of Kin - Winona vid

- Probably Wagstaff holding on to the portal

- Probably WX got pulled into the Constant. He was most probably an automaton (no consciousness) then was imbued with "life" tanks to Nightmare Cycle

- Wagstaff gets to Vanilla

- Adventure mode

- In that example Wagstaff find WX in the throne  and says this... (this was a puppet u can spawn with commands)

20190419043850_1.jpg.90071c6deaf8d322f1077e07f59be2f9.jpg

35 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

snip

Seriously, thanks.  DST is the only one I don't play, so when people talk about the Constant I think I'm missing things.  Maybe I should fool around with DST just to understand more of the lore, which is one of things that attracted me to DS when vanilla was in beta.  

So, it sounds like people are spawning stuff to see how Wagstaff will react -- which is awesome, post more! -- but anyway I was really wondering if there are late game things you can do in Hamlet that I haven't gotten to, yet, as I've never survived much past 30 days.  (My son will tell you I "suck at this game.")  

Okay, puppet spawned from ROG Adventure mode into whatever world you happen to be in.  I played adventure mode as WX so if I go back into AV as anybody WX will be on my throne.  

1 minute ago, ucw said:

Seriously, thanks.  DST is the only one I don't play, so when people talk about the Constant I think I'm missing things.  Maybe I should fool around with DST just to understand more of the lore, which is one of things that attracted me to DS when vanilla was in beta.  

So, it sounds like people are spawning stuff to see how Wagstaff will react -- which is awesome, post more! -- but anyway I was really wondering if there are late game things you can do in Hamlet that I haven't gotten to, yet, as I've never survived much past 30 days.  (My son will tell you I "suck at this game.")  

Okay, puppet spawned from ROG Adventure mode into whatever world you happen to be in.  I played adventure mode as WX so if I go back into AV as anybody WX will be on my throne.  

np dude.. any time :)

10 minutes ago, ucw said:

(My son will tell you I "suck at this game.")

XD I'm sure you're a good player, this game isn't always easy to understand. I will not hide that my record is 100+ days.  (I committed suicide because my game did not work well, Deerclops, Bearger and Dragonfly did not appear, I like bosses so I did not want to continue)

9 minutes ago, Philsam said:

XD I'm sure you're a good player,

ROFL  no, I'm not!  My kids used to coach me "no, Mom, don't do that, you're going to die!"  It's all for fun and laughs.  

Archived