A wormhole?! In Hamlet?

It's probably related to this change: 

Worldgen occasionally generates an unreachable area. It should now be accessible through a wormhole

So the game probably checks to see if there is an area not accessible through normal means, and then makes a wormhole for it. 

Islands like this though have many uses, so consider it lucky.

1 minute ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

It's probably related to this change: 

So the game probably checks to see if there is an area not accessible through normal means, and then makes a wormhole for it. 

Islands like this though have many uses, so consider it lucky.

Interesting, thanks!

4 hours ago, Hatano Eichero said:

I just found a wormhole in Hamlet. I have no idea how this happened or whether or not it is a bug but it certainly is interesting.

image.thumb.png.ef0e6327989858dac82d365741a37439.pngimage.thumb.png.1269b15b6c84bb003012125ff8aa1b67.png 

if you don't make an epic minibase in the tiny island I'll be demanding bloooood !!! xD

Guys if you think that's cool;

image.thumb.png.afd01c21587b25233a745b513527711b.png

wormhole to an island WHICH HAS A WORMHOLE TO A WHOLE OTHER ISLAND. I've only been alive for a day! How do I make sure never to lose this map? Also would appreciate suggestions for this awesome find.

It looks like you have 

9 minutes ago, RosaNom said:

wormhole to an island WHICH HAS A WORMHOLE TO A WHOLE OTHER ISLAND. I've only been alive for a day! How do I make sure never to lose this map? Also would appreciate suggestions for this awesome find.

It looks like you have part of pig town on an island accesible only via wormhole, which is different and cool, but I would find it irritating, personally.  That is new and different, though!  

As far as not losing this map?  Well, don't die... Maybe start another game in which you learn by experience, and take no chances with this game?  

15 minutes ago, RosaNom said:

You can get the map seed if you want to keep it. I recall there's some command that outputs it for you.

I don't think it's a large part of the town honestly. It seems like two streets on one island and a few bits of farmland on the other. Does anyone know the command for seed? And what's the fun in playing a game if you take no risks ;)

There is a mod in the Steam's Workshop that might interest you or someone else :

Dying will not erase your save game (except adventure mode).If you are dead, you can quit the game to main menu and load last save.You can set immortal time after load in seconds in mod settings. This prevent an endless cycle of dying if your last save is made near when you died.

8 minutes ago, Caochu said:

There is a mod in the Steam's Workshop that might interest you or someone else :

Dying will not erase your save game (except adventure mode).If you are dead, you can quit the game to main menu and load last save.You can set immortal time after load in seconds in mod settings. This prevent an endless cycle of dying if your last save is made near when you died.

There's also this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=196023750

It gives you a choice of reloading your save, resurrecting at an effigy or touch stone you have, or dying.

25 minutes ago, RosaNom said:

This is brilliant, thanks so much. I've played a lot of Hamlet but only on easy mode (Wilba) and want to branch out with the new characters.

I heard they recently added cheat mode (Wheeler)

1 hour ago, Namelessgamer said:

Why it’s doesn’t regenerate pig ruins instead? It just doesn’t fit.

Because it's actually a lot more complex, they probably could, but they might've gone for the Wormhole to save on time and resources to work on other Hamlet things.

Archived