Am i stubborn if i don't wanna beat adventure mode unless I'm wilson?

I have only exclusively tried to beat adventure mode with Wilson, but i never quite take off beyond the first two worlds. Do you have any tips to help me out? Do you think i should try someone else?

As in why Wilson, because i wanted to beat the story mode the canon way

It's all up to you. Take your time, Adventure mode is very hard, but not impossible,. Finishing it as only wilson is fine :) it's a sandbox survival anyways, you can do whatever you want. 

A nice basic tip is to just flash (quickly equipping and deequipping) the Divining Rod if you are on the lookout for Things.

If you spawn in Cold Reception, Archipelago or The Game Is Afoot, take your time and cautiously build up resources for the next worlds. As much as possible, hunt down Mctusks and gather a stack of Jerky, a Tam O' Shanter, a Walking cane and an item of your choice for the next world.

If you spawn in King of Winter, be prepared for a world of hurt. Stay constantly on the move, grazing on food sources you come across, and staying on the lookout for Teleportato signals, burning down trees to warm you and your Thermal Stone up. If you brought a Tam over it'll make things easier. Don't be tempted to base down; it's too resource intensive.

If by chance you manage to get to Two Worlds - which is rare - take the opportunity to rest in Paradise and gather lots of resources. Scout if there are multiple wormholes or just a sick wormhole, and if it's the latter don't rush in until you've confirmed there are other wormholes. When ready, rush Pandaemonium

When you're at world 4, prepare a Miner Hat or a stack of Fireflies alongside your Tam, stack of Jerky and Walking cane so as to face the next world...

...Darkness, the last and fifth world. It's a rush-style world like King of Winter - basing down is very resource intensive, forcing you to constantly move to find the Things before the darkness, monsters and hounds overwhelm and kill you. Crafting a Bug Net or having the aformentioned stack of fireflies helps. Have some armor and a lot of heals - which is why Jerky is King here - out too, and don't be afraid to sacrifice your Backpack when the need arises.

Finally, Checkmate. Talk to Maxwell, but never let your guard down because Hounds still attack.

Above all, stay on your wits at all times, and if you die, whether it be at the furthest part of the campaign or the earliest - take a break, and fight on. You can make it :)

As for characters, you'll find much success with Wigfrid if you're willing to swap. Wig's combat perks allow her to feast on Monster Meat - which is very plentiful - and take care of most threats, sustaining her health and sanity on the amount of fighting she'll face. Her armor can also let her stay very healthy while on the run.

Webber also seems nice due to his ability to befriend spiders allowing him to bypass spider bridges, though it will make spawning on Two Worlds a world of hurt thanks to all the pigs.

11 hours ago, JosePapp said:

I have only exclusively tried to beat adventure mode with Wilson, but i never quite take off beyond the first two worlds. Do you have any tips to help me out? Do you think i should try someone else?

As in why Wilson, because i wanted to beat the story mode the canon way

its alot easier if you do it in a DS classic world as in no RoG no Ham and no SW because those add a wetness bar which can really hurt you while rushing the pieces

and as get nerfed on said you should get a walking cane and tam and a miner hat and jerky and don't forget to prototype a bug net ether

also you should prototype gold tools in case flint becomes rare

this is what got me through my first successful run just last week 

On 4/9/2019 at 1:45 AM, GetNerfedOn said:

As for characters, you'll find much success with Wigfrid if you're willing to swap. Wig's combat perks allow her to feast on Monster Meat - which is very plentiful - and take care of most threats, sustaining her health and sanity on the amount of fighting she'll face. Her armor can also let her stay very healthy while on the run.

Webber also seems nice due to his ability to befriend spiders allowing him to bypass spider bridges, though it will make spawning on Two Worlds a world of hurt thanks to all the pigs.

I would add wx to the mix, he is arguably the best character for this as you get insane amount of gears in adventure mode.

You're not stubborn, you just have your favorite, and that's OK :)

I would recommend trying to beat Adventure Mode in Vanilla, not RoG, and with the easiest character: WX-78

WX is the easiest because gears are abundant throughout Adventure Mode. You can save up stacks-upon-stacks of them while you traverse each level, and buff him up to maximum stats and still carry over a full stack for the final Darkness level. In the Darkness level, you need a light source (wear a Miner's Hat), so you'll need something to work out sanity issues instead the ol' reliable Tam. Gears will do that, and they also mean you don't have to worry about health or hunger. 

Once you have a feel for beating it with WX, then try the other characters. Adventure Mode is meant to be tough, and I say take advantage of anything you can to get through it the first time, and challenge yourself after that by using the other characters.  

As for tips: 

Spoiler

Several worlds have limited resources of one type, so be on the lookout for what that is and plan accordingly. For example, in Two Worlds once, I had exactly 12 twig plants, and they were only on my starting island. Another time, in A Cold Reception, the majority of my trees were Lumpy rather than Deciduous (so I could get logs, but there were barely any pinecones to replant to make them renewable). Sometimes grass or berry bushes needs to be fertilized immediately, or you have very limited flint/rock sources until you travel much further throughout the world. 

If your first world is King of Winter:

Spoiler

You may want to just die and restart. It is the hardest world to begin on, and requires being on the move constantly. Whenever you do end up on King of Winter though, make a shovel ASAP and dig up green mushrooms and various plants you find. You'll get double-mushrooms, and you get the plant resources (twigs/straw/berries) while also being able to use the plant itself to massively fuel your fires. 

Take your time on A Cold Reception and/or The Game Is Afoot.

Spoiler

Build up a base and craft/unlock everything you can. There is no rush to beat these levels, just make sure you can survive their short-term threats. A Cold Reception has frog rain and alternates seasons every few days. The Game Is Afoot starts with a short winter you must survive with minimal resources, and has islands branching off from from your primary landing spot. Each of those branch-islands are guarded by threats. I can tell you my strategy if you're interested. 

Before you move onto the Darkness level (World 5):

Spoiler

Pre-craft every structure you can and don't place it down - just leave it holding and waiting. When you get to Darkness, go to a light source, and drop them all. Hammer them down and gather their resources. If you didn't bring over anything to renew your Miner's Hat (fireflies), you'll want to grab the silk and make a few Bug Nets now so you can do so throughout the level.

Another tip for Darkness:

Spoiler

You'll find multiple Touchstones in the world. Whenever you find a Touchstone, craft a Chest, and leave a couple gears for WX and a couple torches. Leave an Axe and a Pickaxe if you can as well. If you die, your number one goal is to get back to that spot ASAP to get all your stuff, so prepare yourself.

Archived