Recommended Posts

DragonMage156    24,989
9 hours ago, KingOhRats said:

sea hounds be like that
image0-1.thumb.png.4b7581bb73c49de99c5be08c59b1ee21.png

I'm sure he'll be fine:

Spoiler

477.gif

7 hours ago, KingOhRats said:

dont stand on the alter!!!!

Is this related to the trophy poster? :p

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KingOhRats    1,972
16 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Is this related to the trophy poster? :p

it's definitely an inspiration yeah lol. i love that poster and i love how everyone in the background is like "wait i dont think thats a good idea you shouldn't stand on there"

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    58,840
Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2019 at 7:44 PM, KingOhRats said:

oh jeezimage0-20.thumb.png.388386b2f817055878595e0328ef5d15.png

"I told ya not to shake my hand!"

On 5/27/2019 at 9:54 PM, KingOhRats said:
  1. A7658E90-317A-42D1-A52C-AAC503313B55.png
  2. OW OWIE OWW OOF OWIE  my hand
  1. 5c3bf42c43520_Wilsonfailedthegnawsneed.thumb.png.36ca597ac2c6a9d8169f8ec7e9e734f9.png
    I prefer the idea of mermified starvers having different colors based on the official Forge sheet below. Also, referencing the hair with the fins is a fun touch to add when doing it. Though sticking with green is also canon so I can see what you were doing.5bbfbde9ca41d_Starvercolorsheet.thumb.png.0b4bac31bf8087bbcc8840facb750163.png
  2. Interesting technique. Very reminiscent to Henry Sellick's style in Twice Upon a Time with the cutout art style.  The technique you used is very sharp.
On 5/28/2019 at 8:02 PM, KingOhRats said:

don't hit people who are wearing the chilled amulet or u will get FREEZED

A good portion of the community  treats Wes like a innocent child. Interesting interpretation to have Wes being devious here.

On 5/28/2019 at 9:27 PM, KingOhRats said:

83A2AD4F-40C0-4345-8DF3-5943ABE6344D.pngalso heres some dumb gorge sketches spoliered at the bottom

Mumsy went on diet.:wilson_ecstatic:
It looks like Pipton is reacting to Sammy.

On 5/29/2019 at 8:23 PM, KingOhRats said:

that's just how it be when you eat a green uncooked mushroom

575f6e499db1a_sethrogansdontstarve.png.a165947568f507a339027b08cdf2910c.png"When you eat a green uncooked mushroom on normal lands"

On 5/29/2019 at 9:15 PM, KingOhRats said:

hey guys, it’s ya boy, swamppigelder69, back at it again with the destroyed houses

5b1e16e0eaa28_alterofsalt.png.152d1642ef502e0f7f165dc920e8c606.pngSwamp pig needs to visit the altar of salt.

On 5/30/2019 at 7:01 PM, KingOhRats said:

i love the brainy sprouts from the shipwrecked dlc, its just a really freaky looking plant

latest?cb=20140407140433Wouldn't be surprised if it's a mutated sea-ridden bigfoot.

On 5/30/2019 at 7:36 PM, KingOhRats said:

it's cold

Nice painterly piece on this one. It's like looking through a window, maybe even a pigman house.

On 5/30/2019 at 10:14 PM, KingOhRats said:

that's really how the gnaw be... smh

I love the twist in the merm's face with frustration. Thanks for posting it in Maxwell Memes as well.:wilson_goodjob:

On 6/1/2019 at 2:07 AM, DragonMage156 said:

*Toriel from Overcooked! 2

On 5/31/2019 at 8:58 PM, KingOhRats said:
  1. oh my god, its mumsy from undertale!!
  2. image0-39.thumb.png.5946807bef92821bef04a635515325e4.png
  1. @Dorozco
  2. Wow! You worked to give her a similar anatomy to the merms. Did you figure out how to draw hunchback anatomy? Nice work with the gradients too. Love the field of depth.
18 hours ago, KingOhRats said:

skeleton

I shouldn't have shaken Wortox's hand.:wilson_sneaky:

Sorry for the wait, takes a while to reply to mass postings.:wilson_ecstatic:

Edited by minespatch
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KingOhRats    1,972
8 hours ago, minespatch said:

Sorry for the wait, takes a while to reply to mass postings.:wilson_ecstatic:

it's fine!

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

I prefer the idea of mermified starvers having different colors based on the official Forge sheet below. Also, referencing the hair with the fins is a fun touch to add when doing it. Though sticking with green is also canon so I can see what you were doing.

i do love that idea too, sammy and pipton def seem to be different in colors (imo i think their fin/nail colors correspond to the color of their fur before they became merms) so an idea like that isn't too canon-breaking or crazy.

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

Interesting technique. Very reminiscent to Henry Sellick's style in Twice Upon a Time with the cutout art style.  The technique you used is very sharp.

 thank you!!!

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

A good portion of the community  treats Wes like a innocent child. Interesting interpretation to have Wes being devious here.

wes is a really mysterious character and until we see an animation on him i doubt anyone is going to really know what goes on in his head, even IF we do get an animation it might not explain everything anyway.

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

Mumsy went on diet.:wilson_ecstatic:
It looks like Pipton is reacting to Sammy.

1. lol when i sketch things look more simple usually so when something is zoomed out it looks rlly off model 
2. pip's too uptight, always worryin' about him 

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

575f6e499db1a_sethrogansdontstarve.png.a165947568f507a339027b08cdf2910c.png"When you eat a green uncooked mushroom on normal lands"

:wilson_laugh:

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it's a mutated sea-ridden bigfoot.

just a bigfoot chilling in the water and just being dormant is so funny to me for some reason

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

Nice painterly piece on this one. It's like looking through a window, maybe even a pigman house.

thank you so much! this was really fun to make because i just did a bunch of playing with it.

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

I love the twist in the merm's face with frustration. Thanks for posting it in Maxwell Memes as well.:wilson_goodjob:

im really glad you like this one! i really like posting to Maxwell Memes, it's a really fun thread.

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

Wow! You worked to give her a similar anatomy to the merms. Did you figure out how to draw hunchback anatomy? Nice work with the gradients too. Love the field of depth.

i think hunchback anatomy has been getting easier to draw the more i draw merms. i find it interesting how most human shaped creatures in-game are hunchback. 

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

I shouldn't have shaken Wortox's hand.:wilson_sneaky:

:wilson_laugh:

thank you for responding :love_heart:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KingOhRats    1,972
22 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

I think Wilson needs a new garland ^^;

either that or he just made it lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DragonMage156    24,989

Mumsy or Billy? Idk the lore of the Gorge or when the Gnaw even got there but I can imagine Mumsy's had a rough childhood as well if it's been there for quite some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    58,840
8 hours ago, KingOhRats said:
  1. 2. pip's too uptight, always worryin' about him
  2. just a bigfoot chilling in the water and just being dormant is so funny to me for some reason
  3. i think hunchback anatomy has been getting easier to draw the more i draw merms. i find it interesting how most human shaped creatures in-game are hunchback.
  1. I have a drawing of that soon to be colored.
  2. Cause it fits the game's humor.:wilson_ecstatic:
  3. It's easy to slap the anatomy together when it comes to hunchbeast. I'm hoping the bacoon shows up in the future.
6 hours ago, KingOhRats said:

just a bunch of shadow bros

Did mister Skits get a evolution?

4 hours ago, KingOhRats said:

mumsy has a tough childhood

Looks like this was your chance to try doodling Billiam now.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KingOhRats    1,972
6 hours ago, minespatch said:
  1. I have a drawing of that soon to be colored.

that's cool :love_heart:

6 hours ago, minespatch said:
  1. Cause it fits the game's humor.:wilson_ecstatic:

true! i would see a gag like that in-game.

6 hours ago, minespatch said:
  1. It's easy to slap the anatomy together when it comes to hunchbeast. I'm hoping the bacoon shows up in the future.

hunchbeasts are rlly fun to draw!!

6 hours ago, minespatch said:
  1. Did mister Skits get a evolution?

always had the feeling that there had to be more then a couple shadow creatures. 

6 hours ago, minespatch said:
  1. Looks like this was your chance to try doodling Billiam now.

yep! had to see how i could do with him and i really liked how it turned out.

9 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Mumsy or Billy? Idk the lore of the Gorge or when the Gnaw even got there but I can imagine Mumsy's had a rough childhood as well if it's been there for quite some time.

It's never really stated when the Gnaw got there (at least i believe) but Mumsy has claimed that the gnaw was there since she was a lamb in one of the quotes in-game, so she definitely had a rough childhood as well. Quote is also kinda interesting since it implies that The Gnaw has been in this place for a longggg time. There must have been a lot of crazy things going on in that city in that time! 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KingOhRats    1,972

(gurgling) wow, water kinda quirky doe
image0-11.thumb.png.ed2c54616f2b7541dba6046dbc541b99.png

also, i realized today that I forgot Sammy's head fins the last time I drew him, here's the fixed image, spoiler so it doesn't take up room.
 

Spoiler

image0-10.thumb.png.588100e4f334211da6c69ef9797ab383.png
SPONGEBOI ME BOB, MY MIND IS FADING DUE TO THIS PLAGUE! ARGARGARGARGRAGRAGRAG

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DragonMage156    24,989
11 hours ago, KingOhRats said:

Mumsy has claimed that the gnaw was there since she was a lamb in one of the quotes in-game

Oh yeah, that's right! Man it's been so long ^^; (Gorge mod when?)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now