silly drawings i make

sammy u should probably invest in some eyedrops
also why are we in a silent film rn 
image0-44.thumb.png.096b92b84aa55e461c7aa4602be174cb.png
(some bonus things in the bottom, ones gross another is a meme wortox sketch)

Spoiler

i thought covering up my sickly arm with bandages would help but as it turns out it's really hard for people to ignore a pulsating, dripping, and bleeding arm, even if it is covered.
68BB0D1D-409A-453D-BEE8-FBF38F6860D8.png
wortox moment
image0-45.thumb.png.85f695ae7083346b4983fc497e397368.png

Edited by KingOhRats
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

dont starve together was my FAVORITE cartoon  
image0-49.thumb.png.4eb5f23fb5f21c093d529fddc4ca3194.png
(extra un-vhs version w/ context as to why i drew this down below)

Spoiler

As a kid there were several cartoons I've watched that have dealt with similar themes to The Gorge. Specifically themes such as plagues/viruses, body horror, and losing one's self. Obviously in a more child friendly tone, but it was shown nonetheless. Stuff like that really left an impact on me as a child. I guess that's why I love The Gorge so much, reminds me of the concepts that used to scare me so much as a youngling.

Also I was just inspired by other fake cartoon screencap drawings I found online.
image0-50.thumb.png.ae37522098a53549134e21d991045f9c.png
un-vhs 

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

Wilson's hearing the guilt of his years in graduate school coming back:

image.png.bdd3b7759f20ea6e03160eb8cee216

Poor Wilson, had a hard time even before getting pulled into The Constant :wilson_cry:

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

590458b222f9e_wendydioh.png.9b173ec58bf85f8223964d369911fe57.png

:wilson_laugh:

Edited by KingOhRats
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, minespatch said:

With the way you were talking about your drawing, I was going to assume it was a reference to the CandleCove creepypasta. Nice to see something personal. Also like the touch of layering.

well, to be fair, i was also a little inspired by candle cove and local 58 too! as well as lost episode creepypastas, which i used to read when i was incredibly young. but it does also come from personal experience. :wilson_love:
thank you!!! 

Edited by KingOhRats
  • Like 1

yo squidward wanna go jellyfishing
image0-3.thumb.png.31f836f274994e59861207f9996afb14.png

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

1. That's Willow's line.:wilson_ecstatic:

2. Can you imagine this is just Wortox's shadow placed on a wall and Wilson is just very slow to realize?:wilson_sneaky:

1. i should have checked lol, thought to be fair im sure most characters would think that in their heads anyway

2. :wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

damn i rlly look like this???????
image0-4.thumb.png.cb242ea70d6e9a7d182324f86e3dc22c.png
reflections a little messed up but i tried as best i could : P 
VHS cartoon version will come soon 

Spoiler

image0-1.thumb.png.5c7df6a92a48fa3ef488b3694949f55a.png
y'all know sammy listens to some fresh and funky ass music to not go insane

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, minespatch said:

If you wanted, you could make a children's story with these highly detailed images.

thank you! :wilson_love: i think i do best when i draw stuff w/ a cartoony aesthetic to it. vhs version also is finished 
VHS Time 
image0-5.thumb.png.0a76f2957d4c89a2c6cfa556953e1215.png

Edited by KingOhRats
  • Like 2

this isn't an art post or anything i just want to vent about something that sounds REALLY dumb but it affects me so open the spoiler if you wanna know whats been bothering me a lot just recently

Spoiler

ok so i was on the don't starve wiki and i was looking at the gnaw wiki page for no real reason in particular, i noticed a fairly recent comment (like 5 days ago isnt recent but it is for the site imo) and it was basically someone saying "so that's how merms were created" (now i personally don't believe that the gnaw is responsible for merms in general, but contributes a handful of them that's considerable enough) and someone else replied that they heard on a klei stream that the merms in the goat dimension are separate from the merms we know.

and like... i really dont like that? 

there's something really weird about me, i really love doing things as CANON as possible, usually when I do something uncanon it's usually when its like unknown or a theory or something. but i REALLY hate the idea that there are no merms in the constant that were formerly goats/pigs/humans/whatever for some reason.

so basically what i believe is that merms are very unknown in origin. they are really old creatures from way back when according to some snippets of lore in the game, or little burbs or whatever (i forgot where i read it) but there are several lines of dialogue and plenty of implications in the gorge that lead me to believe that a few merms in the constant were formerly merms from the goat dimension that swam away. this was what i always believed, and i know its really silly to get worked up about something like this, but everything is just so inconsistent!! 

idk what value something said on an offical stream has but it's probably a lot. if someone can tell me that my reasonings for believing that some merms in the constant were formerly different creatures is valid ill be happier.
anyways srry! i probably rambled on a lot

tl;dr: worked up over merm lore, scared of all of my theories and fun ideas/headcanons being crushed by this most likely fact, even tho its for an event that happened a year ago. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 

EDIT: although, if i think about it, i think they might mean separate in ORIGIN. So if it's like that, then my headcanon/theory still works.

sorry if this sounded rlly dumb i just had to get it off my chest, stuff like this really effects me despite it not really mattering or being all that important in this world. i attach myself to the things i love so much that when i find out i might be wrong i get really sour.

wont stop uploading art! :love_heart: 

EDIT 2: I remember writing all this now. honestly if you ask me, the game leaves it ambiguous, and the stream isn't even archived so we won't ever really know how they meant by separate. so it really doesn't matter. if that detail was so important it would be stated in the game right? final thoughts: gnaw wasn't origin of merms obviously, but a few merms do come from it. 

Edited by KingOhRats
final thoughts
  • Like 1

sorry for that weird vent, i get rlly attached to the things i enjoy because irl is really hard and whenever i feel like im wrong about something i like i get really worried.

wilson is in a cave AGAIN bro get out of the cave!!
image0-7.thumb.png.b963501adb1d2ee126e8952b82c10dec.png

• Like 3