silly drawings i make

Hi! I'm kind of a fan of the Don't Starve universe and how everything is slightly ambiguous in certain aspects. I've decided to post some drawings in this place.

Usually when I draw, I draw about stuff from The SCP Foundation Wiki, I love doing it because it's an incredibly expansive universe in of itself. I might do more crossover art of SCP and Don't Starve in the future, but for now, I am going to post Don't Starve art in general. I have two so far.

image0-12.thumb.png.152155b6e00fd8c0397a771aabc49bce.png

First off, here's Wes holding a spider balloon next to a Tallbird, which he doesn't notice because he's having too much fun playing with the balloon.
image0-10.thumb.png.645705316ca6204627b7f345990f1153.png
And this is a drawing I like to call "hard feelings". Krampus is in the background and he really isn't happy. Look out Wortox!

Enjoy these! I had fun making them. My art isn't perfect but I definitely used to be a lot worse when I first started drawing. Bye for now!

• Like 9

• Developer

Welcome to the forums! I love your SCP stuff, man.

2 minutes ago, KingOhRats said:

My art isn't perfect but I definitely used to be a lot worse when I first started drawing. Bye for now!

It's become sort of your registered style now, in my head, though you have been improving. Here's to getting better!

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Don't be too hard on yourself. The angular art style could evolve into something like a 1960's advertisment art style. Keep going on with your art, bud.:wilson_smile:

thank you! i have been getting better at not self-deprecating like i used to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Oh cool! How did you do that pencil scratch technique?

Certain brush tools on the program I use (Procreate for the iPad) have pencil styled brushes. I used those for the hair and the bottom of the dress.

Edited by KingOhRats
  • Like 1

thinking i should share the only Don't Starve X SCP drawing I have created so far.

Here's SCP-1810 and Wes, 1810 is one of my favorite skips and Wes is a mime and mimes are associated with France and 1810 speaks french so I think this works lol.

Also the thing on 1810's body is not an eye, it's a disk. Like that in the original image.
image0-11.thumb.png.dd23ff44396471b6cf72dce715de15f5.png

Edited by KingOhRats
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, ModsterMash said:

Poor Wortox! 8n8

I love the way you drew Krampus all shadowy and the face next to him is delightfully freaky.

I'm really glad you enjoyed! Thank you! :)

Also, just a little fun fact, the faces and "flames" are meant to represent all the souls he's eaten during his time in The Constant. Yeah, fun!

• Like 1

On 4/8/2019 at 2:26 AM, KingOhRats said:

Here's SCP-1810 and Wes, 1810 is one of my favorite skips and Wes is a mime and mimes are associated with France and 1810 speaks french so I think this works lol.image0-11.thumb.png.dd23ff44396471b6cf72dce715de15f5.png

The way you drew Wes here is too adorable. I like how the stickman style has a technique that works rather than looks lazy.

On 4/8/2019 at 7:06 PM, KingOhRats said:

image0-14.thumb.png.e7bc3d1acd4f5e80d89e4948598bb108.png

Imp posession ptsd. Kind of interesting to see what Krampus looks like in his soul... Especially since Wortox unintentionally stole Krampus's identity.

On 4/9/2019 at 10:25 AM, KingOhRats said:

image0-15.thumb.png.548e775d0a3d1fc65579a442bf4eae81.png

Interesting effect with the lightning.

On 4/9/2019 at 10:53 PM, KingOhRats said:

image0-16.thumb.png.24b0d03253f07eddf524b57ff5139a31.png

I like the way you tried to emulate the watercolor background with the trees.

On 4/10/2019 at 8:34 PM, KingOhRats said:

Here's Wickerbottom and SCP-1025image0-18.thumb.png.c001a97f66587b78ee946fb47107f170.png

Never read that entry, so I'll take your word based on this image alone.:wilson_ecstatic:

6 hours ago, KingOhRats said:

Hmm, just a question. Would memes count as art? I make those too sometimes and while they probably take less time then my drawings, I still feel memes require a bit of forethought.

Just post on the Maxwell Memes page if you want to post memes.

35 minutes ago, KingOhRats said:

image0-20.thumb.png.eeda844751ca534f1c7c43e8a27ab970.png

Nice work referencing the short again. Despite the Agala animation being sakuga, this is a good interpretation of the scene.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

The way you drew Wes here is too adorable. I like how the stickman style has a technique that works rather than looks lazy.

Imp posession ptsd. Kind of interesting to see what Krampus looks like in his soul... Especially since Wortox unintentionally stole Krampus's identity.

Interesting effect with the lightning.

I like the way you tried to emulate the watercolor background with the trees.

Never read that entry, so I'll take your word based on this image alone.:wilson_ecstatic:

Just post on the Maxwell Memes page if you want to post memes.

Nice work referencing the short again. Despite the Agala animation being sakuga, this is a good interpretation of the scene.

Thank you so much for all of this!! :D Also, thank you for answering my question! I'll check out that channel sometime.

The whole thing with Wortox's story and background was what got me into drawing this game in the first place, I just find it incredibly interesting and a tad creepy. I just like the whole fact that while he CAN come and go from The Constant as he pleases, he's still kinda haunted by a lot of guilt and stuff like that. He's honestly one of my favorite characters at this point. He's also just really fun to draw and look at once you are finished with the drawing.

SCP-1025 is a book of diseases that when read, will give you the symptoms of whatever disease you were reading about. However, the other thing is that it can make others incredibly paranoid about diseases and stuff and it makes things kinda get chaotic in the test log. Used to be classed Keter because everyone was paranoid but then it got fixed to Safe and was locked in a safe. Reminder, the book only gives people symptoms, not the actual disease! 

• Like 2

On 4/12/2019 at 5:10 PM, KingOhRats said:

woodie out here chopping woodimage0-21.thumb.png.e58ac97ce3708256ab0e394b1573262e.pngsmall legs..............

Probably one of the few times we'll see a face on Lucy.:wilson_ecstatic:

what's wrong with the legs?:wilson_shocked:

20 hours ago, KingOhRats said:

wortox and willow do an epic troll prank GAMER STYLEimage0-22.thumb.png.650c2a4cc3224d59ad6930f939b513bf.png

Maybe this is a coincidence but this reminds me of TheBlob's art during the stream theme. Still cute nontheless.

17 hours ago, KingOhRats said:

wilson fuckign dies image0-23.thumb.png.866739e0fdd1286597ee0e5f790ac6b4.png

I guess you don't have to spoiler this one due to it being so simplistic.

34 minutes ago, KingOhRats said:

oh no webber it is SCP-280image0-24.thumb.png.5b61e99ab1d7a6595408bab43e82ae09.png

Due to the way he's waving his hand, it looks like he's trying to get a photo with it on purpose.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

what's wrong with the legs?:wilson_shocked:

lol yeah i accidentally made them a bit too short 

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

Maybe this is a coincidence but this reminds me of TheBlob's art during the stream theme. Still cute nontheless.

I haven't seen that but it sounds interesting. 

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Due to the way he's waving his hand, it looks like he's trying to get a photo with it on purpose.

he's meant to be holding his hand on the tree from being tired haha :D

Again, thank you for responding! :)

• Like 1