silly drawings i make

man, this food is taking forever to cook
or maybe im just impatient and filled with anxiety because of the fear of what the gnaw might do to me if i dont hurry up
speaking of hurrying up
image0-39.thumb.png.0514b4b103760ccd6dbed0489af6b410.png 
bonus drawing below!

Spoiler

image0-40.thumb.png.fd448ef087df6def848bd7a912e7735d.png
this drawing was just an attempt to replicate the style of an artist that i really like, which is https://sinsekai20130227.tumblr.com/, who is an artist who draws a lot of SCP Foundation work. An example of one of their works is pictured below.
tumblr_pen16xW6se1uoqqvso4_500.jpg.b10d724afa80cfd7ed458b51166cc617.jpg
Just a warning, some of the SCPs that are tackled in their art, while they maintain a cute style and aren't usually frighteningly explicit (with a few rare exceptions) are SCPs with disturbing subjects such as violence, drug use, death, and body horror. 

I'm a huge fan of their work and I am really inspired by their really simple yet beautiful style.

Edited by KingOhRats
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, KingOhRats said:

image0-39.thumb.png.0514b4b103760ccd6dbed0489af6b410.png 
image0-40.thumb.png.fd448ef087df6def848bd7a912e7735d.png

The Blair Gorge project?:wilson_ecstatic:

I love how fast your improvement is getting.You're adding backgrounds and details that I don't think earlier you would venture out so far!

That simpler piece reminds me of Eric Gorey. Probably the head and eyes but there's a small quaintness to it that comes to mind.

• Thanks 1

Oh Man..... A flood...... :/  we need sandbags
image0-43.thumb.png.41b270737f0ac9d87f0feedb8a998e52.png

23 minutes ago, minespatch said:

1. The Blair Gorge project?:wilson_ecstatic:
2. I love how fast your improvement is getting.You're adding backgrounds and details that I don't think earlier you would venture out so far!

3. That simpler piece reminds me of Edward Gorey. Probably the head and eyes but there's a small quaintness to it that comes to mind.

1. now im just imagining someone wandering around with a video camera in the elder bog (i've heard that's what the setting in the gorge is called? haven't gotten any clarification) and just thinking everything they are seeing is a really detailed big elaborate theme park attraction for their themepark blog :wilson_laugh: i have no idea why that out of all things came to mind when i heard this.

2. thank you so much! the gorge is a really "going on" event, either stuff is happening or you have to do stuff, so thats why detail is really important when im drawing it.

3. I think the quaintness you are getting from my other drawing is that it's probably one of the most calm gorge pieces I have ever drawn, nobody is getting painfully mermified or crying about something or having intense anxiety or just looking really worn out from all the work. The only sign of negativity is Wilson's frown.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KingOhRats said:
  1. . now im just imagining someone wandering around with a video camera in the elder bog (i've heard that's what the setting in the gorge is called? haven't gotten any clarification) and just thinking everything they are seeing is a really detailed big elaborate theme park attraction for their themepark blog :wilson_laugh: i have no idea why that out of all things came to mind when i heard this.
  2. 2. thank you so much! the gorge is a really "going on" event, either stuff is happening or you have to do stuff, so thats why detail is really important when im drawing it.
  3. 3. I think the quaintness you are getting from my other drawing is that it's probably one of the most calm gorge pieces I have ever drawn, nobody is getting painfully mermified or crying about something or having intense anxiety or just looking really worn out from all the work. The only sign of negativity is Wilson's frown.
  1. Just call it by it's file name: Quagmire.
  2. Oh trust me, the gorge files are so huge, I've made several pieces that are arm length.:wilson_ecstatic:
  3. Wilson's frown is usually a trait from him.:wilson_sneaky:
1 hour ago, KingOhRats said:

good vibes

I'm getting a rubber-hose 1920s art style from the looks of it. Fits since its summer now.

• Thanks 1

when you enter the gorge you would probably get soggy, i mean, ur coming out of a bubble
image0-45.thumb.png.0bf54bb76308f6a65f96a58c6cdb504e.png
including a little bonus mermification sketch thing down below ooo

Spoiler

image0-41.thumb.png.79aa60c0007b6bfa436b62837aa7cd1e.png
another reference sketch, this time i drew wilson's head shape correctly (although i love drawing sphere heads more). this is kind of an attempt in vibrant motion. I find it interesting how the mermification transformation speed, and also how its done seems to differ a lot? for example when you fail in the gorge, the first merm arm kinda just pops up, while the second one kinda stretches along the arm until it covers it fully. i think the inconsistency makes sense, since the gnaw seems to have full control over this plague and how it works. probably explains why pipton and sammy are differently colored too. 

also mucus is gross lol here's the reference, same source as last time.
5cfde353751cb_ScreenShot2019-06-09at10_29_39AM.png.b45152fabb1564e7d1f1d62a449637e6.png
HAGGHHHK  
wilson that is Gross :/ use your shoulder next time 

3 hours ago, minespatch said:
  1. Just call it by it's file name: Quagmire.
  2. Oh trust me, the gorge files are so huge, I've made several pieces that are arm length.:wilson_ecstatic:
  3. Wilson's frown is usually a trait from him.:wilson_sneaky:

I'm getting a rubber-hose 1920s art style from the looks of it. Fits since its summer now.

1. i've heard that "the quagmire" was going to be the game's title before it was changed to the gorge, I guess it does make sense that the city would be named quagmire, sounds like a city name.
2. ohh that's awesome
3. true haha
4. thank you! :love_heart:

Edited by KingOhRats
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

o
image0-51.thumb.png.92b593a2c64aac7e7412d5721886d058.png

43 minutes ago, minespatch said:

The soft lineart touch is a good change. It's different from your current style but keep discovering what suits you. Still I like how this piece differentiates from the piece above with being wet.

thank you! when i sketch i usually try to make things softer and easier to draw since its just sketches for bigger things to do some time.

also completely unrelated to all of this but i have notice that the chewing texture for merms shows that they can have like, tiny patches of hair.

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 9.41.55 AM.pngoooo interesting ahhhh

Edited by KingOhRats
  • Like 2

Ouch Owuch Owhchhhhc Lavae is mean and burns my skin
(spoiler for charred skin)

Spoiler

image0-52.thumb.png.822b29aed1e822ac0cda5deeeb2a04d2.png
ouch ooch ouch ooo wowe 

51 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Is that the babadook on the bottom left?:wilson_ecstatic:

Yup, Merms have facial hair, didn't bring it up but now you know.

lol it does kinda look like him :wilson_laugh:
i should figure out a way to put all my unrelated thoughts somewhere, i'm sure there's a way to post in your own profile which is Cool and ill see if i can figure that out so i can just talk about whatever.

:love_heart:

• Like 1

the gnaw is pleased with this meal 
image0.thumb.png.f3297f267db2bab8a962bf705f1cb886.png
little drawing down below

Spoiler

this was actually a part of something a little larger but this was the only part related to the gorge. grey guy is just a grey guy
merms sound like they perpetually have a frog in their throat.
also gnaw cant speak but like................ Mumsy Know What It Need So Like Maybe He Can Speak In People's Heads??????? 
 i just realized ive become the game theory of The Gorge 
image0-1.thumb.png.f3bc005a9aacae2d44c5d53bf7232c6e.png
this is honestly the most accurate merm head shape i've drawn, references are incredibly helpful.

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Those colors... Is this German pride?:wilson_ecstatic:

:wilson_laugh: oh my god it totally does look like the german flag, this drawing will never look the same to me now.

Edited by KingOhRats
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, KingOhRats said:
  1.  i just realized ive become the game theory of The Gorge 
  2. image0-1.thumb.png.f3bc005a9aacae2d44c5d53bf7232c6e.png
  1. gametheory2.thumb.png.72dca901a9e4142bce352fff164fbe4b.png
  2. The gnaw is a big spoiled baby.
9 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Oh I never noticed that!! (Except the fashionable mustache Pipton has :p )

That's not hair.:wilson_ecstatic: That's part of Pipton's skin.

• Thanks 1

sammy and pipton drawn in accurate hunchback style. the only two goats you meet are both hunchback so its pretty safe to assume like most humanoid creatures in dont starve, the goat people are also hunchback. 

one without background because backgrounds have a lot going on in them and they can kinda be distracting.
image0-6.thumb.png.043bcb125baa76fa81381a28b6b92a0c.pngimage1.thumb.png.90f4f296e15fef2ec24fc0ade41304f3.png
dumb little extra sketch

Spoiler

wilson has a riveting chat with a merm
image0-2-1.thumb.png.5a14528c8aa86d6b8fc804e7ae397584.png
got nothing much to say but (gurgling noises)

He didn't need the rest of the outfit?:wilson_shocked:

i forgot there was more then the head, but it honestly makes it funnier tho.

Looks more like a perspective shot from Chester.

oh that's so wholesome i love that

Edited by KingOhRats
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, KingOhRats said:

image1.thumb.png.90f4f296e15fef2ec24fc0ade41304f3.png

Nice! I like the choices in color and design. The way you did Pipton's muzzle is like a 5 o' clock shadow. Fits his lesser class element of his work.

latest?cb=20180811160430

The palettes remind me of Amalthia and her son. I like to imagine the son's name is Bambino(after Bambi :p ).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Nice! I like the choices in color and design. The way you did Pipton's muzzle is like a 5 o' clock shadow. Fits his lesser class element of his work.

thank you sooo much!!!  i think you meant to say sammy? the reason i made sammy's muzzle look like that was mostly because his merm design has gills on the sides of his chin, and considering the fact that pipton's mustache was affected by the plague, i kinda assumed sammy also had facial hair that got converted into merm flesh. also while drawing, i did realize that it fit really well, like you said.

now if you meant pipton, everything i said probably made zero sense, but seriously thank youuu!!! :love_heart:

Edited by KingOhRats
  • Like 1