Long Commutes message is not informative

The message about Long Commutes appears early in the game (it appeared in cycle 29 of my current game) and is basically on for the remainder of the game. Once you send your dupes out to explore and they start doing things outside the base you are going to have long commutes and there is nothing you can do about it. A message that informs you of something you can't do anything about isn't providing meaningful information.

Commutes are unavoidable unless you managed to make long-distance logistics semi-auto. So +1 for this.

However sometimes this can be useful, as this is related to productivity of the base.

So my point is, it need a new formula for defining long commutes.

Current commute notification happens when dupes take above 40% of their time to travel. It seems like a lot but i believe it counts delivery as travel as well.

A dupe carrying something shouldn`t be counted as travel time. The dupe is basically working.

The message shouldn`t appar until above 50%. If the dupes spend more time travelling than doing anything else it`s a problem. Otherwise it`s still managable. Maybe even 60%. At 40% you barely notice that things are slower.

Given, a dupe fetches ressources for storage or for supplying machines, he is walking 99% of the time, and causing the message. 

The problem is, one cant fully automate everything, and dupes will always interfere with sweepers, doing the jobs manually. 

I dont find this message helpful. It pops up, after the problem occured, not in prior. So one cant figure out, whats the cause of hits dupes long traveltimes was in detail. 

it might be helpfull if one could select certain dupes that trigger this message a farmer, rancher, researcher, builder or digger for instance the couriours make little sense to make this check on the way it is calculated now at least.

Archived