Any plans for PVP gameplay?

I don't really see how DS can be pvp, considering the hit-and-run gameplay where people can just infinitely run away from eachother.

Not to mention it takes a huge amount of days for everyone to have worthwhile gear and mounts that could at least make it somewhat interesting.

friendly fire is only really good to unfreeze or awake friends.

26 minutes ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

No, thank you!

Yes, let's vouch for less content in this game! Very good, screw the minority, right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Worthless posts aside, I personally find the preparation aspect of PVP one of the most interesting parts. The battles are fun of course, you can put your gear and knowledge to the test, but a very big portion of it is just preparation. If Klei were to add some more depth to the actual player-to-player combat you could get something really interesting.

40 minutes ago, hrugl said:

Is PVP ever gonna get any attention from Klei?

Am I the only one interested in this part of the game?

While the community for pvp is small, know there is a group of players interested. We would be more than happy if you wanted to join us with anything! But yes, hopefully klei does something with PVP eventually. The forums generally don't treat it nicely, but know you are not alone! 

2 minutes ago, Loopy Ouroboros said:

Content that does not serve a purpose is clutter, therefore less is more. Your mileage may vary.

In that case, let's remove Beefalo riding, pets, some boss drops, and more. I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

2 minutes ago, Lillyth said:

In that case, let's remove Beefalo riding, pets, some boss drops, and more. I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

In comparison, PvP just feels like an afterthought. The same could be said to critters, but it is clear they weren't ever meant to be useful outside of the rare occasion you feed them glow berries.

I do not agree with rebalancing a game around PVP. DST is a PVE game, let it be that way.

I mean, just look what happened to Minecraft, the 1.9 combat happened because of whiny PVPers, and was a balancing made soely to satisfy PVPers.

I would not wish for DST to take a similar route.

56 minutes ago, Loopy Ouroboros said:

In comparison, PvP just feels like an afterthought. The same could be said to critters, but it is clear they weren't ever meant to be useful outside of the rare occasion you feed them glow berries.

You didn't explain why you think PVP is worse than any of the content Lillyth listed. Those things including critters could all be considered nothing more than "clutter", as you said. It might seem outright crazy to you, but PVP attracts some players to the game and keeps them playing. If something is attracting players, even if it is a small amount, why should that be completely ignored? It is purely a good thing.

49 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

I do not agree with rebalancing a game around PVP. DST is a PVE game, let it be that way.

This seems to be the big argument from a lot of people. I just can not understand this though. There is nobody saying PVP and PVE can't be separate. PVP is a togglable option, how hard would it be to have different balance changes based out what mode you are in.

Sadly, it is very unlikely pvp will ever be looked at, as only a very small minority ever take part it. In my personal experiences, it just comes down to whoever has the power to sleep other players wins as sleeping gives more than enough time for people to kill you on the spot as you get up. Imo the game was never meant to have pvp instead being focused on being cooperative, thus being added as an afterthought just to be included in multiplayer.

However, it would be interesting to see some Forge-like dueling against players as an entirely different gamemode, but we are probably far from that becoming a reality unless modders have something in mind.

9 hours ago, Lillyth said:

Yes, let's vouch for less content in this game! Very good, screw the minority, right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You don't really think this through on global scale do you?! To actually understand why a big part of this forum is vocally against current DST PvP (yours truly obviously as well)?!

For a proper DST PvP experience Klei would need to mechanically re-balance the game in a robust consistent manner that would pretty much bring all characters to a common ground-base with slight variations so any and all op-deviations would ideally not occur at all: nerfs. That means no more 2x damage, 300 hp Mighty Wolfgang, no more 400 hp WX, no more Wicker books or in any case no more STS, no more Winona Catapults, no more Wortox teleportation and HP gain from souls (not at current level at least), no Pan Flute at all, etc etc. Aka no more the aspects of DST that make it such a fun game to play: things that really bestow characters with particular and very amusing use, offering pleasant experiences to all player skill levels - well at least people wanting to survive for more than some days. What you and your friends Crimson Chin and Canis try to do here, making post after post about PvP to bring about some precarious "bandwagon train" you so eloquently blamed these forums to be fertile ground of, this time into a pro-PvP direction, with inherent strict mechanical balance required to be viable, actually represents an attempt to impoverish the game content by eliminating all mentioned items and character abilities giving proverbial "meat on the bones" of said characters fun. And all that to satisfy the sadistic pleasure of a 2-4% minority playing this mode of the game that's clearly made as afterthought collateral/marginal element - pleasure of I presume pommeling some "greenhorns" who may venture on PvP servers if this mode would gain more visibility post underlined strict-rework.

So, again, thank you but nopenstein from NopeNopeLand.

Instead of trying to force your views into a "bandwagon train" (*wink*) in hope of determining Klei to make drastic mechanical re-balance you could just use some of the DST Workshop PvP-rework mods (PVP Rebalanced, DST PvP Revamp, My PvP (Nerf) for example) on your personal server(s) you could then advertise in DST Server Bulletin and get people actually invested in DST PvP for quality mushing (some "tip-dipping greenhorns" too, heh) as opposed, again, to "detrimenting" all player-base via global nerfs.

Cheers (and don't drink and drive *wink wink*)!

I would like a pvp side game but not exactly as it works now, and I strongly manifest that dont want pve balance to be influenced by pvp.

The way I think it should work is the following: by starting a pvp game, the rules in that world change entirely, the pve and survival experience should be toned down a lot, and the balance of the characters is also changed in that game mode accordingly. A PVP server could have a much Smaller world, more forge-like rules, objectives other than just killing people, maybe even team vs team game mode, and it shouldnt even start if a minimum amount of at least 2 players is not met.

Since pve will not be changed, those who hate the pvp idea can just ignore the pvp servers and they will never be affected by that option in any way. 

Oh dear oh dear. I'm starting to believe I should just reply to these with "Learn how to read". Not a personal jab I assure you, it's just tiring having to explain my previous points more than 4 times. 

First of all, again, you're focussing on the bad aspects of PVP. From what you've written it also seems you feel everyone that enjoys it is toxic and annoying, yet you've only tried it two or maybe even three times. Anyways.

1 hour ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

For a proper DST PvP experience Klei would need to mechanically re-balance the game in a robust consistent manner that would pretty much bring all characters to a common ground-base with slight variations so any and all op-deviations would ideally not occur at all: nerfs. That means no more 2x damage, 300 hp Mighty Wolfgang, no more 400 hp WX, no more Wicker books or in any case no more STS, no more Winona Catapults, no more Wortox teleportation and HP gain from souls (not at current level at least), no Pan Flute at all, etc etc. Aka no more the aspects of DST that make it such a fun game to play: things that really bestow characters with particular and very amusing use, offering pleasant experiences to all player skill levels

Please don't talk of balancing a gamemode when you have little to no experience in these types of things. Homogenization in PVE-PVP games has occurred many times before and usually ends up with many players unhappy. Having a true, 100% balance is practically impossible; there will always be a character or class that is better than the other. But that doesn't in any way mean you can't come close, and no, it does not require everyone to be a Wilson clone. Buff up weaker characters to the other's level. In general, unique ways to counter, overpower or outsmart are all we need. 

What you and your friends Crimson Chin and Canis try to do here, making post after post about PvP to bring about some precarious "bandwagon train" you so eloquently blamed these forums to be fertile ground of, this time into a pro-PvP direction, with inherent strict mechanical balance required to be viable, actually represents an attempt to impoverish the game content by eliminating all mentioned items and character abilities giving proverbial "meat on the bones" of said characters fun. And all that to satisfy the sadistic pleasure of a 2-4% minority playing this mode of the game that's clearly made as afterthought collateral/marginal element - pleasure of I presume pommeling some "greenhorns" who may venture on PvP servers if this mode would gain more visibility post underlined strict-rework.

I honestly can't tell if you're being serious at this point. "Learn how to read" applies here as well. There's many, many assumptions in this part of your post- I don't think I have to adress them all, you know they hold no merit. 
I'm not sure where it came from, but nobody's here for "sadistic pleasure". If you want to RP, I believe there's a Roleplay section on these forums. Here, I'll send you in the right direction:
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/forum/42-roleplaying/

Instead of trying to force your views into a "bandwagon train" (*wink*) in hope of determining Klei to make drastic mechanical re-balance you could just use some of the DST Workshop PvP-rework mods (PVP Rebalanced, DST PvP Revamp, My PvP (Nerf) for example) on your personal server(s) you could then advertise in DST Server Bulletin and get people actually invested in DST PvP for quality mushing (some "tip-dipping greenhorns" too, heh) as opposed, again, to "detrimenting" all player-base via global nerfs.

Cheers (and don't drink and drive *wink wink*)!

Quite a bit of the same. Again, as.... let's see, scrolling up quickly I see three or more people have mentioned in this thread before, these changes should they happen would be entirely seperate from PvE. Obviously.

P.S, Please consider learning how to read. Thank you.

12 hours ago, Terra M Welch said:

I mean, just look what happened to Minecraft, the 1.9 combat happened because of whiny PVPers, and was a balancing made soely to satisfy PVPers.

I would not wish for DST to take a similar route.

Actually the opposite is true, as Minecraft was balanced to be better for PvE instead of PvP, which made people upset because minecraft had a better PvP system before.  I still don't think DS should make these kinds oof changes for a such a small group when the characters are so balanced to begin with, though.  PvP only changes could be nice, but unappreciated to most people.

57 minutes ago, Lillyth said:

*I like roleplay*

Why thank you for the jabs and wall-of-text off-topic; and nice elusion of raised points!

Yes, Klei should definitely nerf the game and exclude more in-game items to cater to about.. 2-4% of player-base :cupcake:

47 minutes ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Why thank you for the jabs and wall-of-text off-topic; and nice elusion of raised points!

Yes, Klei should definitely nerf the game and exclude more in-game items to cater to about.. 2-4% of player-base :cupcake:

I hope you realize the irony in this post.

1 hour ago, Lillyth said:

Oh dear oh dear. I'm starting to believe I should just reply to these with "Learn how to read". Not a personal jab I assure you, it's just tiring having to explain my previous points more than 4 times. 

First of all, again, you're focussing on the bad aspects of PVP. From what you've written it also seems you feel everyone that enjoys it is toxic and annoying, yet you've only tried it two or maybe even three times. Anyways.

Please don't talk of balancing a gamemode when you have little to no experience in these types of things. Homogenization in PVE-PVP games has occurred many times before and usually ends up with many players unhappy. Having a true, 100% balance is practically impossible; there will always be a character or class that is better than the other. But that doesn't in any way mean you can't come close, and no, it does not require everyone to be a Wilson clone. Buff up weaker characters to the other's level. In general, unique ways to counter, overpower or outsmart are all we need. 

I honestly can't tell if you're being serious at this point. "Learn how to read" applies here as well. There's many, many assumptions in this part of your post- I don't think I have to adress them all, you know they hold no merit. 
I'm not sure where it came from, but nobody's here for "sadistic pleasure". If you want to RP, I believe there's a Roleplay section on these forums. Here, I'll send you in the right direction:
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/forum/42-roleplaying/

Quite a bit of the same. Again, as.... let's see, scrolling up quickly I see three or more people have mentioned in this thread before, these changes should they happen would be entirely seperate from PvE. Obviously.

P.S, Please consider learning how to read. Thank you.

where do i start first of all this behavior of just insulting them them repeatedly is ... literally the same reason they called PvP players toxic you aren't helping your case in the slightest in fact you are strengthening theirs

second you never said anything about the changes being only for PvP you never expressed any mention of it you didn't even leave a reaction to the post that supported it sounds less like they need to learn how to read and more you needing to learn how to write

and no they should be looking at mostly the negatives for something that will only positively effect a small vast minority the consequences should be considered in order to not destroy the most players

also i think you'd find:

focusing, address, and separate

the knowledge will serve you later :)

22 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

where do i start first of all this behavior of just insulting them them repeatedly is ... literally the same reason they called PvP players toxic you aren't helping your case in the slightest in fact you are strengthening theirs

It's less jabbing and more calling out. Jabbing is when there's technically no reason to insult someone indirectly or directly, but they do it anyway. Comparatively, Oversus calling me drunk, winking around, and generally being a bit passive agressive could be considered as such. 

I thought it to be common sense for any changes to be enabled to PVP only, however I see now that I didn't directly state this in my posts; you're correct, my apologies.

For your last point, again, PVP is a choice. You don't have to participate. If there were any changes to invigorate players into trying it, awesome, but again it's not mandatory to play. It won't hurt PVE if PVP gets more support.

3 minutes ago, Lillyth said:

It's less jabbing and more calling out. Jabbing is when there's technically no reason to insult someone indirectly or directly, but they do it anyway. Comparatively, Oversus calling me drunk, winking around, and generally being a bit passive agressive could be considered as such. 

its more the fact you say that you and the PvP ers aren't annoying people while being annoying it kinda paints you out to be someone without any realization of how their actions effect others

and most of the things you were attacking them for was based on the ground that they weren't seeing that the changes would only be for PvP servers

13 minutes ago, Lillyth said:

I thought it to be common sense for any changes to be enabled to PVP only, however I see now that I didn't state this in my posts; you're correct, my apologies.

most people nowadays just can't admit a flaw you are very mature thank you

Archived