I died on day 9 for the first time ever.

I love this update. I know a lot of people are getting riled up and demanding nerfs left right and center, but I love it and I will be disappointed if things are made any easier. I was playing as Wes and I died to pigs. This is also the first time pigs have ever killed me. The fact that pigs kite now makes them a rather formidable foe.

I'm really enjoying the challenge! I've made it to day 24 on my new save, but I've had a few close calls already and I'm now in the beginning of winter. I've had to adjust my playstyle a bit, but I've managed to survive so far.

This diffiiculty increase is GREAT! I found myself on day 13 with winter in full effect and I was in DESPERATE need of warmer clothing, i couldn't go anywhere without having to throw down a fireplace to warm up. I found a herd (this was a LOT of beefalo) in mating season and just couldn't quite manage to take one down with only a spear and log suit. Those beefalo made short work of me needless to say.

This diffiiculty increase is GREAT! I found myself on day 13 with winter in full effect and I was in DESPERATE need of warmer clothing, i couldn't go anywhere without having to throw down a fireplace to warm up. I found a herd (this was a LOT of beefalo) in mating season and just couldn't quite manage to take one down with only a spear and log suit. Those beefalo made short work of me needless to say.

How can the beefalo help you get warmer clothing? I thought only a Koalefant or Winter Koalefant could...

Winter hat is beefalo wool and spider web. Beefalo hat also provides warmth

Really? I heard the winter hat & wilson's beard also keep you warm during the winter, not sure if they work though. Will the beefalo hat keep you 100% warm during the winter so you don't take any damage? I'm gonna try the breezy vest and see if it works at all. :)

I got to day 11 and died from trying to steal tallbird eggs after my experiments ended up frying and freezing the other eggs XD Hatching is difficult :DFirst hound attack involved me running half way across the map to beefalo... why didn't I make logsuit! On my pre patch game I loaded it up, was half insanity straight away and couldn't get it up in time to prevent giant louse attack so I died really quick haha, was 1 steak off meat effigy too :PSo winter happens at different days for everyone? Some saying 15 days, some 20, some 13 etc :o didnt get to see snow on my first night like others have :(