Uncompromising Survival

This new update is fun and I think the hardness fits the game. It forces you to THINK and change your strategy which is what I love about this game. People are already whining about it being too hard but Kevin said that this is supposed to be a game where you don't ever get to comfortable and have to change your strategy from time to time. This isn't supposed to be Farmville where you mindless click and survive for days on end and that's the way I like it. Besides how do we know that stronger weapons aren't planned in a later update. People need to chill and give the devs time to work this out.

This new update is fun and I think the hardness fits the game. It forces you to THINK and change your strategy which is what I love about this game. People are already whining about it being too hard but Kevin said that this is supposed to be a game where you don't ever get to comfortable and have to change your strategy from time to time. This isn't supposed to be Farmville where you mindless click and survive for days on end and that's the way I like it. Besides how do we know that stronger weapons aren't planned in a later update. People need to chill and give the devs time to work this out.

I love how they complain about it being too easy and now it's too hard. What are you? the CoD community?

This update really brought a lot to the game. I was one of who said the game was too easy, and now I think it's perfect. Obviously there will be a few nerfs unfortunately. I just hope that doesn't go back all the way to where it was.

• Developer

We're pretty used to it by now. With a community of this size, pretty much every action/inaction is bound to be controversial. :)

Combat is a lot harder now, but that is intentional. Is it too hard? I don't know yet. We are watching streams and reading the forum very closely right now to gauge if it is at the level that we want. I think people need to play with the new stuff for a couple of days before we can really tell. My gut tells me that it's in the right ballpark now, but there may be a few sticking points that we need to fix.

We are also bringing absolutely new players into our office every week to watch them play for an hour. We want the game to be hard, but it has to ramp up in a reasonable, learnable way. Balancing the game for all stages of the player lifecycle is hard, but we have the time to focus on it now that all of the major game systems are in place.

We're pretty used to it by now. With a community of this size, pretty much every action/inaction is bound to be controversial. :)

Combat is a lot harder now, but that is intentional. Is it too hard? I don't know yet. We are watching streams and reading the forum very closely right now to gauge if it is at the level that we want. I think people need to play with the new stuff for a couple of days before we can really tell. My gut tells me that it's in the right ballpark now, but there may be a few sticking points that we need to fix.

We are also bringing absolutely new players into our office every week to watch them play for an hour. We want the game to be hard, but it has to ramp up in a reasonable, learnable way. Balancing the game for all stages of the player lifecycle is hard, but we have the time to focus on it now that all of the major game systems are in place.

Now it's survival. Just finished my first winter and I love it.

Only sanity is missing:/

LOL I bet you are so many complaints from both sides be it gt crazy at times. But I must say I do enjoy the harder mobs I use to be able to take out a level 2 spider den with just a spear if I planned it right. Now I have to be more careful and think HARDER. I love it keep up the good work.

Now it's survival. Just finished my first winter and I love it.

Only sanity is missing:/

I thought the sanity was perfect at 100 I never really had to deal with it unless I just wanted to trip balls. 200 seems a bit high to me but who knows what else Kevin plans to throw at us.