Bramble Bulbs

Is there only one per lush season? I harvested one, but stupidly forgot to check which crafting tab the chest belongs to: Shadow Manipulator, and I didn't even have the hog magic machine yet. It rotted before I could make the chest. (In some weird world gen, I had only one small temple in my first island, and it didn't have any pots in it.) Second lush season I got another one and made the chest, but of course you need two to really take advantage of them. Anyone know under what conditions the bulb appears?

@Theukon-dos yes had same bug with 2 spawn on top of each other. I got multiple ones, but I think about 2 on each island is intended or typical not counting additional spawning on top.

I really like the way they did them, gives some re-exploration incentive and for clearing out a lot more of the brambles yourself.

Well, if that is the case, It should be noted that hammering a root chest gives both the bulb and the stalk back, meaning that you can just carry a bunch of boards and hammer on you to be able to instantly drop off a bunch of items. though I should note that I have no idea what happens if you hammer all of the trunks while there are still items in the network

1 hour ago, Theukon-dos said:

Well, if that is the case, It should be noted that hammering a root chest gives both the bulb and the stalk back, meaning that you can just carry a bunch of boards and hammer on you to be able to instantly drop off a bunch of items. though I should note that I have no idea what happens if you hammer all of the trunks while there are still items in the network

This was my next question: If you have more than one, how are you using them? They seem really powerful, but I'm trying to think of scenarios in which they would be useful. One is on the Pugalisk island, for transporting all the loot back without having to carry it through the ruins or use Robin.

2 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

This was my next question: If you have more than one, how are you using them? They seem really powerful, but I'm trying to think of scenarios in which they would be useful. One is on the Pugalisk island, for transporting all the loot back without having to carry it through the ruins or use Robin.

I used mine to Channel my Inner WX-78 tear down the Royal pig town. I had already destroyed a few houses before, but with how many inventory slots I had left, I fully believe that a decently clear inventory, a piggyback, and a root chest can take care of every pig house in the city, and maybe even a few stacks of roads.

as for the uses, The fact that it's only on Hamlet does hurt, but it's still an extra 12 slots of inventory that you can essentially access from anywhere. Meaning you could place one down in the ruins to take a bunch of artifacts off of you. And if they ever add the ability to get them in RoG/SW, there's tons of potential there aswell.

On 22/03/2019 at 8:32 PM, Theukon-dos said:

The fact that it's only on Hamlet does hurt, but it's still an extra 12 slots of inventory that you can essentially access from anywhere. Meaning you could place one down in the ruins to take a bunch of artifacts off of you. And if they ever add the ability to get them in RoG/SW, there's tons of potential there aswell.

You need Hamlet DLC to make it, but I have place it in Hamlet world and now I can craft it anywhere. Made some bramble chest in my Shipwrecked world too :) may be unintended or one of us has game bug out.

EDIT: the bramble inventory is world specific so loot in Hamlet doesn't go to other worlds. More useful that way actually and because of how worlds done modularly in save files it make sense.

1 hour ago, Charsis said:

You need Hamlet DLC to make it, but I have place it in Hamlet world and now I can craft it anywhere. Made some bramble chest in my Shipwrecked world too :) may be unintended or one of us has game bug out.

EDIT: the bramble inventory is world specific so loot in Hamlet doesn't go to other worlds. More useful that way actually and because of how worlds done modularly in save files it make sense.

Yeah, I figured that out in another thread.

but unfortunitly it can't transfer between SW/Volcano, and I doubt it will be able to transfer between RoG/Caves/Ruins

Archived