Astronauts should need to eat

Currently the astronauts do not consume anything (oxygen or food) while in flight.

So if every is in flight then no one needs to eat anything, this is kind of ridiculous.

The command capsule should need to be supplied with sufficient food before the launch.

And the quantity of the food depends on the number of cycles needed for the trip.

2 hours ago, DreamApart said:

So if every is in flight then no one needs to eat anything, this is kind of ridiculous.

If every dupe is in flight you get a colony lost (game over) message.  Not that that has any bearing on the topic at hand, just thought I'd throw that out there.

13 hours ago, goboking said:

If every dupe is in flight you get a colony lost (game over) message. 

LOL 

Anyway, it's just a hypothesis. Just it will be strange if the food requirement is reduced just because someone is in the space.

BTW, you can still continue to play even when colony is lost, and the Pod can still be used by clicking the message at the top-left.

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 11:52 AM, DreamApart said:

The command capsule should need to be supplied with sufficient food before the launch.

+1 Joys of preparations to send your dupe into the great unknown)

Adding 'consumables' for pilots&cockpits would have opened some nice possibilities, like potential tech tree for cockpits, or certain dupes having greater value for space trips then others.

P.S. Unfortunately there are a lot elements missing in 'economics&mechanics' of rocketry. For instance speed is fixed (In real space you can use more fuel to get to destination faster). All 'space bodies' are fixed at specific distance. Time spent on gathering resources is fixed (and, if I remember correctly, instant. How dupe without mining capability can mine something stronger then igneous rock is unclear).

Archived