New Cooling Calculator

Hi all,

Oni Assistant just released another new tool to help you play Oni, this time a Cooling Calculator. The tool is built on the premise that cooling in Oni is a two step process:

1. Conduct the heat away from what you want to cool to somewhere it can be deleted.
  2. Delete the heat.

This tool lets you calculate how much heat energy you need to move and delete, then provides options for how you can delete that heat.

Note that if you’re looking to cool an entire geyser, the Oni Geyser Calculator already has this functionality built in. This tool is more felxible allowing you to cool any amount of any element and providing more options for that cooling.

As always, I’m looking for feedback on how the tool might be improved for your use. Please let me know below.

this is just... perfect!!! Great Job!

There is one thing that would be nice to implement and useful, let me explain:

When i use the Boil to Space method, i boil polluted water in a confined area,  releasing the steam when the temperature is almost high enough to damage the aquaturner. So instead of venting 165C steam to space, the system vents 250C, 450C or 1450C steam, greatly increasing the DTU/G ratio.

Will be there in the next update :)

On 19/03/2019 at 12:01 PM, fredhp said:

this is just... perfect!!! Great Job!

There is one thing that would be nice to implement and useful, let me explain:

When i use the Boil to Space method, i boil polluted water in a confined area,  releasing the steam when the temperature is almost high enough to damage the aquaturner. So instead of venting 165C steam to space, the system vents 250C, 450C or 1450C steam, greatly increasing the DTU/G ratio.

If you can make 250C steam or higher, why not just delete the heat from it with a steam turbine at that point?

P.S. Feature request: deleting with an aquatuner running a pwater or super coolant, where the heat of the aquatuner vanishes into a steam turbine.

50 minutes ago, lee1026 said:

If you can make 250C steam or higher, why not just delete the heat from it with a steam turbine at that point?

P.S. Feature request: deleting with an aquatuner running a pwater or super coolant, where the heat of the aquatuner vanishes into a steam turbine.

Sometimes it takes so many cycles to turn cool slush water into ultra hot steam that does not worth the extra complexity of a steam turbine + condenser system just to harvest some power and recycle 4000Kg of water every 200 Cycles. In this cases i just install the steam turbine to generate some extrapower.

In very late game, i replace all the steel aquaturners with thermium ones, and instead of boil water, i boil crude oil into sour gas. 

Archived