Oil well giving off Steam

As you can see below, I have setup two Oil wells where I am pumping in water close to 90 degrees.The oil well above is working fine, But the oil well below keeps venting off steam breaking my gas pipes and i cant find out why. I know the water I am sending to it is hot (90 deg) but as long as I know, It does not work like the Metal Refinery which heats up the input liquid. The Oil well 'Eats up' the input liquid and gives off NG and oil. I know there could be a borderline case where if I am putting in water close to 100 degrees, it might be vaporising but my water is 90 degrees. If someone knows about the max temp water an oil well can safely accept, please let me know.

5c830afbaa406_oilwell.thumb.JPG.1ce1db1d6eb641f967e5ca22c8c11e43.JPG

Also, the small steam pocket you see on the left side surrounded by abyssalite and dirt says 1100 kg per tile and I dont know how to handle that.

It does, just very small amounts.  It was small enough and new enough that people didn't think it was happening last time it was brought up.

The output natural gas is pretty hot.  Should keep the steam steam for possibly long enough to get sucked in to the pump.

The rooms I usually made were not insulated so that the heat from the natural gas would bleed out to the rest of the oil, and keep the pressure high enough that the newly added natural gas doesn't blow out the temperature and break the pump.

What's the temperature of the oil in the bottom setup?  Sometimes the abyssalite on the bottom there can be very hot and might be warming up that oil.  With the oil well sitting on mesh tiles, any internal liquid will be transferring heat with that oil and could be causing it to boil.  

When dupe goes to release natgas accumulated said natgas is at fairly high temperature, heats up oil well considerably (which also stops consuming water and producing oil at this time) and boils the water. At least that is what happened in my case. Adding some tempshift plates behind the well helped.

I had the exact same issue. In the below video at 14 min in roughly this gets covered. The issue appears to be when you vent the Nat gas at 230c it heats up the oil well, while venting the oil well stops pumping so the stored water heats up and boils before venting finishes.

Solution temp shift plates in the oil outflow this cools down the ambient Nat gas. Additionally increase the Nat gas pressure in room to 10kg+. Now when you vent you have plenty of heat absorption to reduce heating on the oil well. Fixed issue for me.

Spoiler

@JohnFrancis Oh I love your tutorial vids, especially the Steam turbine ice brick design that I have happily copied and use it anywhere i need.

If you see the image I posted you will see that the Oil well box design was also copied from one of your videos, unfortunately I missed the video you just shared. I will try the Tempshift plates and try pumping cooler water as soon as I first deal with the kilos of steam hovering in my oil biome which constantly shifts between water and steam. I gotta separate the biome into smaller sections and pump out the steam.

Archived