What is the point of Beefalo Riding feature even?

Lets see:

There are 3 (4) worlds in DS:

1) RoG forest

2) SW islands

3) Hamlet highland

4) semi- caves and ruins in RoG

Beefalos are not present in SW and Hamlet thus the feature is already cut to 1/3 of play time. Water beefalos in SW are unridable.

Beefalos can not go to caves thus limiting feature even more.

There are no Heavy rocks or Chess parts to carry over by beefalo in solo DS.

So.

Dear Klei, what was the point of investing time to port feature if it can not be used with both new DLC worlds: SW (not that new), Hamlet (new one) ?

well...it was something Shown off as new content to be add to Singleplayer DS almost 5 to 6 years ago.

During that time Beefalo Riding was a NEW very very cool thing but sadly enough, it was never implemented.

DST development was booming and Beefalo riding was implemented in it instead of regular DS (Chess parts didn't come until 2 years later).

nobody was playing Single Played DS that much during that time so not much talk happened.

Now after 2 DLCs is when Klei has seen that Singleplayer DS had become very old and out of date so they needed to put in all the new stuff that had been put in DST all this time inorder to make it enjoyable enough to play again.

I still remember that animation of Wilson riding and falling off of a Beefalo being used to tease this feature greatly during that time.

yes there really wasnt much a point to it if you think about it

unless they have another QoL update that brings the shadow clockworks or other

maybe when they add Wagstaff to vanilla DS they will add more of it at the same time

Beefalo Riding is one of those feature that seems amazing, looks cool before you get it and that everyone was sure they really wanted, but ultimately is more trouble than it’s worth once the thrill wears off. I would 100% prefer better map icons that show which boulders are gold and whether trees are chopped or burnt.

I never cared for beefalo riding personally. I want meteors, bee queen, toadstools, suspicious marbles etc. Juicy berry bushes, grass geckos, fun useful stuff I am going to interact with all the time :<

18 minutes ago, Ellilea said:

I never cared for beefalo riding personally. I want meteors, bee queen, toadstools, suspicious marbles etc. Juicy berry bushes, grass geckos, fun useful stuff I am going to interact with all the time :<

most of those things cannot be implemented in Singleplayer due to Balancing.

They are made for a multiplayer world where several players play at once and most of the new things are World Regrowth mechanics.

I do personally want Klaus in DS as much as I want Ancient Fuelweaver but its not balanced out for Singleplayer that it can be implemented easily.

And of course all these things will make Players beg for New Equal Content in both HAM and SW.

thus going back to the question, What's the point of Beefalo riding when its only available in DS RoG and nothing similar in SW or HAM.

4 hours ago, Desblat said:

I mean that's simple:

Make Ox (Water Beefalo) in SW ridable. - not that simple.

Bring Beefalos to Hamlet. - simple.

I don't think the ox can walk into deep ocean. Beefalos in Hamlet are welcome, I want carpeted flooring lul

15 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Coffee, magiluminescence, sleek hat, overcharge/running as wilbur/mightiness.

and boom.

you are literally faster than a freaking bull.

I feel you on that, and not saying beefalo riding is amazing. I actually agree with everything said in this thread. But at the same time, I am playing as Wicker on an RoG world. I don't wanna sync it to a SW world to get coffee and and sleek hat. Having a beefo is nice. I dunno.

Also gives me an extra task to do. It takes a long time and effort and I like that. 

18 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

I wonder what the absolute fastest running speed in DS is. My guess is:

Overcharged WX with Sleek Hat, Magiluminescence, Stalking Stick, and Coffee, on a road.

Other than that, you can eat a Tropical Bouillabaisse. It gives you a speed bonus of 3 for 30 seconds. I read a post from someone who did all those things and it made them run off the edge of the land.

Bonus info: Raw Purple Grouper gives you speed boost of 2 for 30 seconds (not stackable with Tropical Bouillabaisse), raw Neon Quattro lowers your temperature by 3 degrees and raw Pierrot Fish makes you dry off much quicker. 

10 minutes ago, sinisterrkid said:

Other than that, you can eat a Tropical Bouillabaisse. It gives you a speed bonus of 3 for 30 seconds. I read a post from someone who did all those things and it made them run off the edge of the land.

Bonus info: Raw Purple Grouper gives you speed boost of 2 for 30 seconds (not stackable with Tropical Bouillabaisse), raw Neon Quattro lowers your temperature by 3 degrees and raw Pierrot Fish makes you dry off much quicker. 

I was gonna put the Tropical Bouillabaisse, but I was unsure if food speed boosts stacked or not. If they do, throw Tea from Hamlet in there.

3 hours ago, MWY said:

if you do break the speed limit, I'm afraid the game will just start teleporting you around the map cause your tooo much fast for even the Frames to register.

or you will end up being stuck where your standing cause of integer overflow 

at certain point character starts to ignore ocean borders and other collision

but well it's not possible to start teleporting around or get stack, you won't become that fast even with all speed improvements

Beefalo riding is only useful if you don't have access to coffe (rog/vanilla only world).

And even then you can only use beefalo to fight giants or fast travel to biomes that are away from your base.

So it's basically like dst. I don't see your point.

In dst you don't even need to domesticate beefalo. You just need to ride him to get marble pieces where you need.

But if you decide to fully domesticate a beefalo then you only use it to travel somewhere far or fight bosses.

8 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Beefalo riding is only useful if you don't have access to coffe (rog/vanilla only world).

And even then you can only use beefalo to fight giants or fast travel to biomes that are away from your base.

So it's basically like dst. I don't see your point.

In dst you don't even need to domesticate beefalo. You just need to ride him to get marble pieces where you need.

But if you decide to fully domesticate a beefalo then you only use it to travel somewhere far or fight bosses.

Lol no it's not like in DST. It would have been like in DST, if there were no SW or Hamlet in DS. Also as you said coffee is better than beefalo riding. But there is no coffee in DST thus riding has it's point.

Feature clearly needs more work. So it is compatable with DLCs. That's the point.

44 minutes ago, Desblat said:

Lol no it's not like in DST. It would have been like in DST, if there were no SW or Hamlet in DS. Also as you said coffee is better than beefalo riding. But there is no coffee in DST thus riding has it's point.

Feature clearly needs more work. So it is compatable with DLCs. That's the point.

hehe, I was talking about this in another thread and someone was telling me it would be impossible to bring these types of features to all DLCs.

Your right about the experience not being similar to DST because Beefalo are only limited to DS RoG,
but considering Coffee and Tea as respective speed boosters in SW and HAM it can be considered fair somewhat in this regard.

To tell the truth we have Ships in SW that serve as Riding mechanic around the map, RoG has Beefalos as riding mechanic now.

only Hamlet is left which I'm hopeful that our ever friendly Lump of a Bird Ro-Bin might give us a ride since his mommy practically plays the role of a Taxi currently.

or Hippos

Or Iron Hulks Transformers

just giving some weird suggestions here. 

dcxpppu-aa987d12-abdd-44a3-9091-55464d7b

13 hours ago, Desblat said:

Ummmm.... no? 

Yeah it was added in the QoL update but it doesn't need to be compatible with other dlcs.

Like your point.... has no point.

You literally said that beefalo riding is useless. If it's so useless then why do you want it in other dlcs?

Especialy since both Sw and Ham would limit beefalo to 1 island.

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

Ummmm.... no? 

Yeah it was added in the QoL update but it doesn't need to be compatible with other dlcs.

Like your point.... has no point.

You literally said that beefalo riding is useless. If it's so useless then why do you want it in other dlcs?

Especialy since both Sw and Ham would limit beefalo to 1 island.

he wants more features in Beefalo riding and similar mechanic being available in other DLCs.

On 11.03.2019 at 8:57 AM, Szczuku said:

I wonder why invest time in useless feature.
You waste time=money and bring nothing to game. Why would you LOL

Archived