New Layer

Am I the only one here who is disappointed in the Hamlet Ruins? In RoG, we had the Caves (For Light Flowers, Bunny Hutches, Rock Lobsters...) and the Ruins (For Thulecite, Slurper Pelts, Gems...). In SW, we had the Volcano (mainly for Coffee and OBSIDIAN. Obsidian is just great). The thing that those areas had in common is that they had completely new creatures, new biomes, and actually provided a different experience than the standard surface world. Hamlet is missing that. Wouldn't you really want to see a whole new layer similar to the Caves or the Volcano, in Hamlet? Something that provides a challenge, but in return gives you some kind of useful, rare material. Something that is actually generated as a whole new map, rather than just a few separate rooms.

Ideally, sure. Realistically, no.

RoG caves are great. They're filled out with a handful of biomes and creatures. SW volcano is ok at best. It's very empty.

I would much rather they fill out Hamlet's overworld than spend some time making a half-baked cave-like area. Because, in all honestly, these areas are like mini expansions. It would be a considerable resource sink, hence my initial answer. If they could spend as much time as they'd like on Hamlet then of course I'm not opposed, but at the end of the day if they did, or would have, it would mean less for the overworld content.

23 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

Am I the only one here who is disappointed in the Hamlet Ruins? In RoG, we had the Caves (For Light Flowers, Bunny Hutches, Rock Lobsters...) and the Ruins (For Thulecite, Slurper Pelts, Gems...). In SW, we had the Volcano (mainly for Coffee and OBSIDIAN. Obsidian is just great). The thing that those areas had in common is that they had completely new creatures, new biomes, and actually provided a different experience than the standard surface world. Hamlet is missing that. Wouldn't you really want to see a whole new layer similar to the Caves or the Volcano, in Hamlet? Something that provides a challenge, but in return gives you some kind of useful, rare material. Something that is actually generated as a whole new map, rather than just a few separate rooms.

I think Klei has just limited that to DS RoG because rest are DLC which obviously will have lesser content the the over all Main Game.

and I personally would want an Adventure mode in both SW and HAM like the one in DS/RoG.

it was sooo much fun and unique with passing thru same worlds every time that became different thru unique ways and surviving every time in a different manner with a different goal.

I really hope for both of the things happening because playing Sandbox mode is nothing but similar to playing GTA without missions.

I wonder if Klei will ever decide to revisit Lore induced Survival gameplay. 

1 hour ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

they might have tried that idea judging by these

Spoiler

5c7869ae0ea03_Ruinentrancebloackageandremoved__003.thumb.png.5cf832cb903d793d19e2bbaea798e2af.png5c7869aa8fd65_Ruinentrancebloackageandremoved__001.thumb.png.a9562319f63ee459e8780dd6c96a27df.png

ruins.PNG.c4e8bdfa6ae610450d33f6c980773a4e.PNG

this is the caves staircase from dst, but in dst they aren't called ruins stairs at least I don't think. They might have been brought over to be reskinned, but the idea was probably scrapped before that

15 minutes ago, Computer-7 said:

I was talking about the "ruins_stairs.zip" 

maybe...just maybe they might have thought about adding DLC content to DST,
Starting from HAM obviously.

but I think I remember similar files being found in DST relating to SW during SW's Early Access.
there was definitely a lot talk about wanting SW in DST during that time.

Archived