Can I automate austronaut rocket exiting?

I’ve mostly automated my rocket process.  The rocket lands gets refueled, unloaded etc.  However after it lands my austronaut exits the command module for a brief momen and then gets right back in.  Since turning the rocket around takes time I’d much perfer my austronaut to be helping around the base until the rocket is refueled.  I can do this manually by briefly de allocating the austronaut until they exit the silo though a one way door and the return door is only unlocked when the rocket has been refueled.  However I want this to be something I don’t have to intervene in.

leave astronaut permanently inside, like another part of the rocket.  no oxygen, food, stress.  if you need stuff done in base, get a new dup

100% agree whit this. In my current gameplay i trained 8 astronauts dupe, then accepted more when i trapped them in the command module. Why bother whit the crane arm, extra bed, table, 

Forcing an astrounaut to exit is problematic. Usually the rocket assignment is the highest priority and they instantly board the rocket right away. I`d say try setting the command module to prio 1 before launch while the dupe is inside then maybe he`ll get a higher priority task when landed. I`m not sure if it will work but it`s worth a try.

I had a dupe leave the rocket on his own once. I think it was beacause he landed during break time and relax was higher priority than the rocket. All other scenarios made the dupe stay inside.

I came up with a solution to this and it came from the same observation that Sasza made.  They don’t immediately return to the rocket if it is break time.  So I’ve used automation to ensure that the gantry is only extended during break time or when the rocket is fueled.  I’m currently using steam rockets so the refueling takes a while. 

@Q the PlatypusNow i understand why you want that. Only for @yoakenashi i explain why i do this. In my current build I didn't have enough time to make an base whit beds, food, toilets, relax zone, for the astronauts. So i don't want the astronauts dupe to be jealous on the other dupes, so...until all is ready this is my temporary solution. 

Archived