Gym Gym Gym Ideas

Inspired by  @fishoutofwater 's dupes go to the gym, I got excited at the idea of gyms. I hope to build all kinda of gyms to torture my jobless dupes. I don't have many ideas for now. I'll share what I've come up with.

- Everyone knows how to train athletics and tinkering

Spoiler

ezgif-5-4b29145c9c52.gif.5a817d9714c3e6a9a6e457013f47b721.gif

- boring farming skills slowly acquired

Spoiler

5c7426334f85e_Screenshot(24).thumb.png.deaabc9e5104d58381f395e2191dd581.png

- Too much to construct, even for me who clicks mouse

Spoiler

5c742630422eb_Screenshot(23).thumb.png.0b89fc4b42534c0af70d012a4df780e7.png

- Serious strength training

Spoiler

ezgif-5-59e95686d7c3.gif.45fc6ff4766d779e87f5f8899bc0b2a3.gif

Edit Added Automation Overlay:

5c7462568333d_Screenshot(26).thumb.png.bc353653623adb28bb7f6eab5b73a555.png

- weight plate set to below 600 kg. filter gate was set to 3 sec to prevent door's constant repetitive opening / closing.

- averagely on 8 tiles in this room, there is 140 kg water on each of tiles, so totally 840 kg water.

1 hour ago, goatt said:

Serious strength training

Nice design to prevent the completion of the mob task, but I think a duplicant that would mob continuously should be more time-efficient.

(If your can spare some polluted water your able to ignore the bottles and automate the gym even more.)

PS: I wouldn´t count the construction example, because it requires more player interactions than managing the door permission to start/stop the training.

Careful with the strength training one, I've had it glitch dupes through the floor (something to do with it closing on them making them think they're falling... somehow through the floor.

EDIT: Actually, how does the strength one work, automation-wise?

2 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

I think a duplicant that would mob continuously should be more time-efficient.

Every methods have a side effect. Mine is probably half or even quarter as fast as yours, that’s the side effect. Yours produces residues (water bottle or PO2), that’s your side effect. I can understand you and many others prefer PO2, but my OCD force me to keep everything clean and sustainable.

2 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

I wouldn´t count the construction

Strictly to that standard, then it shouldn’t be counted. But it’s a relatively simple drag and select user interaction, which will assign dupes a huge ton of work, such as template shift. So as a compromise, I give in to that one. But here goes a question: does constructing /deconstructing a insulation tile give more exp than normal tile?

59 minutes ago, Yunru said:

Actually, how does the strength one work, automation-wise?

Weight plate is set to below 600 kg. And only a filter gate of 3 sec is used to prevent constant repetitive door’s opening & closing.

23 hours ago, goatt said:
On 25.2.2019 at 7:34 PM, Lilalaunekuh said:

I think a duplicant that would mob continuously should be more time-efficient.

Every methods have a side effect. Mine is probably half or even quarter as fast as yours, that’s the side effect. Yours produces residues (water bottle or PO2), that’s your side effect. I can understand you and many others prefer PO2, but my OCD force me to keep everything clean and sustainable.

Maybe my post sounded a bit harsh.

I must say your strength trainings example is one of the most interesting pieces of information I read in this forum for some time.

=> Just wanted to say it´s not the most time-efficient one

If we talk about training it´s all about how long the duplicant will need to "complete" it. But your version has (if we don´t count the occasional glitch) no side effects to consider. It´s just slower.

=> If I find I way to prevent my duplicants from getting stuck I will use your gym over mine ;)

I think they only check for new errands when "the batteries are full", so with no battery they will never stop to check. I suspect therefore you would need to build a battery switcher that discharges the offline battery while they charge the online battery, then they get a brief moment to look for other tasks while the system switches.batteries.

4 hours ago, Nostas said:

Is this normal or can i make them stop if other errands are more urgent?

Yes, it is normal but it is easy to solve:

Attach a automation wire to a clock sensor or buffer/filter and weight plate sensor.

=> Make your duplicants interrupt their work on the wheel for a small time so they look for other work and if they find nothing better just hop on right again.

Spoiler

I use this not on all hamster wheels, since it reduces the efficiency by a small fraction.

But if I my manual generators on a low priority as an better form of beeing idle, than I use this and interrupt every 60s or 10% of a cycle.

[My duplicant shifts are equally distributed around the clock, therefore a even interruption schedule. But for a normal base some fixed reset times as fraction of a cycle should be superior: 20% 40% 60%]

Archived