Things people dislike in Hamlet

I decided to create 1 thread where I'll try to list out negative feedbacks that i've seen in many threads. Also nobody mention Warbucks.

-How dull seasons are. This means that seasons bring no benefits to the player and that their mechanics are annoying. Mechanics are annoying cuz you just need 1 hat or 1 item no make an entire season super easy. Yes I know that Klei's already working on it. Good.

-Biomes. Since Hamlet map is chopped into 5 islands that means that most of the time players don't have a reason to try and explore each Island. On the starting one you anly need to find pig city and special ruins. In the 2nd one you only need to find Pig City. On the 3rd one you just need to find the fountain. And on the 4th one you need to find aporkalypse clock ruins. There's no need to explore the map. You can almost find everything i listed above b4 humid season hits. Also there's almost no diversity between islands.

-Ho bosses are handled. Hamlet has no forced bosses. And the raid bosses that we have aren't even worth fighting. You can run awayf from Pugalisk with magic water without any consequences. After you unlock Wilba there's no point in fighting Mant Queen unless you want to build Skyworthy. BFB isn't even a boss and Ancient Herald has no drops.

-Aporkalypse. That really is a poorly made content. Don't get me wrong. It has a lot of potential. The problem is that there's no way for the player to know about it or even how to find it, as most players probably think "Oh exploring that gas biome is probably an end game content. I'll do that after I have a good base" . The aporkalypse itself is just a mob spamming event. IT seriously doesn't introduce anything fun. The reward for completing it is gaining Wilba's perk for few days and a nice cosmetic in the cities. And the whole idea of aporkalypse being controlled by the clock and not being an actuall season is the nail in the coffin. I'd much rather have it as an actually season with less spamming of mobs and more world content.

-Lack of what other dlcs have introduced. No special treeguards, no hunting animals. I could understand lack of wormhole and magic Stones as Hamlet's supposed to be harder. 

You can post your personal feedback that if i didn't include that. Just nothing about Warbucks please...

the aporkalypse (no rewards, execept for wx) , and the seasons being too short (its like the seasons just fly by and don't matter enough) (and lush being way too annoying, its day 450 and i completely abandoned nettles cause i just use gasmasks)

My Hamlet experience after several death:
1-10 day- rush to pig city, save oincs, buy the house, make pit hat. Also make hammer and smashing pots to find red gem and blue gem.
11-20 day- making neetles farm.
And that's it, game end. Not feeling fun on rebuilding a new town (cause there are two good towns already in the World), not much stuffs to discover (maybe killing Mant Queen, Pugalisk), no pets (like pig, spider, rabbit in ROG), no season bosses, stupid bat attack is way weaker than the dog attack in ROG, Aporkalypse have no reason to exist (no boss, no purpose, no special item or blueprint). 
Plus the overwhelming mod-spamming bug (both beetles and mant warriors I mentioned in another post), playing in Hamlet is really fun on the first 10 hours, but nothing left after that.

Let's make a hard version of Hamlet, which have NO town but a single Palace in the whole World. Player needs to survive in wild, fighting Mant Queen to obtain "Key to the City", and then make his own town. That sounds way better.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 5:12 AM, Szczuku said:

After you unlock Wilba there's no point in fighting Mant Queen unless you want to build Skyworthy...

Well, the Queen Womant drops the blueprint for Bundling Wrap, which is fantastic in ruins with the artifact's refusal to stack. But other than that, I definitely agree.

As for what I dislike, I don't like the fact that I the ancient ruins don't regenerate, which means that good source of income is only useful for the first couple seasons, And getting additional honey requires you to farm nectar as opposed to running the mant hill again.

I also feel like the economy could be handled better. Most things are fine, particularly the basic resources and RNG-based resources, such as silk and hounds teeth, But what I want to know is why you can just buy Boss drops. and also why They're so cheap and common. It is incredibly common for me to have oddities shop nearly full of Boss drops, and they're really cheap aswell. they cost 50 oincs each, which is really kinda nothing. that's selling 13 berries to that green guy, or a single ruins run unless you get bad RNG.

1 hour ago, Theukon-dos said:

Well, the Queen Womant drops the blueprint for Bundling Wrap, which is fantastic in ruins with the artifact's refusal to stack. But other than that, I definitely agree.

As for what I dislike, I don't like the fact that I the ancient ruins don't regenerate, which means that good source of income is only useful for the first couple seasons, And getting additional honey requires you to farm nectar as opposed to running the mant hill again.

I also feel like the economy could be handled better. Most things are fine, particularly the basic resources and RNG-based resources, such as silk and hounds teeth, But what I want to know is why you can just buy Boss drops. and also why They're so cheap and common. It is incredibly common for me to have oddities shop nearly full of Boss drops, and they're really cheap aswell. they cost 50 oincs each, which is really kinda nothing. that's selling 13 berries to that green guy, or a single ruins run unless you get bad RNG.

Boss drops should not be able to buy, or at least cost you 500 each, same as the best weapons and hats. Also Hamlet now lacking some purpose -> it is super easy to survive, no boss fight involved, and thus nothing to do after stabilizing (which is around 60 days only)

5 minutes ago, aerotong said:

Boss drops should not be able to buy, or at least cost you 500 each, same as the best weapons and hats. Also Hamlet now lacking some purpose -> it is super easy to survive, no boss fight involved, and thus nothing to do after stabilizing (which is around 60 days only)

500? the current price for most boss items is already to high as there not useful besides deerclops eye or hard to get they just take a while because you need to wait a in game year for the next chance to get one its really nice if you want scaled chests. Also why are scales 30 and 1 feather is 40? Hamlet is also really easy since most seasons don't have any real threat they just making exploring harder hopefully the season changes will fix that.

Archived