Oh gods, I again did not get skins and this was the last chance. That's my problem? Well, I'm sorry that I have other things to do and I cannot live only by the game.

I started playing from early beta. I played more 2500 true hours (without afk skins farming). I bought all the skins that sold Klei, even the ugly ones (just to support the developer). I bought a few items in the Klei Store (just to support the developer). I bought all the Klei games, even the ones I don't need (just to support the developer). And now, I can never get this fffff.... loyal limited skins? Well, NICE JOKE!

I explored the game completely, I have nothing to do there, but I came back again and again, because it was my favorite game and my favorite developer. But now Don't Starve only upsets me. Klei is broken for me. I am disappointed. I won't buy anything else.

3 hours ago, HARD-ick said:

Oh gods, I again did not get skins and this was the last chance. That's my problem? Well, I'm sorry that I have other things to do and I cannot live only by the game.

I started playing from early beta. I played more 2500 true hours (without afk skins farming). I bought all the skins that sold Klei, even the ugly ones (just to support the developer). I bought a few items in the Klei Store (just to support the developer). I bought all the Klei games, even the ones I don't need (just to support the developer). And now, I can never get this fffff.... loyal limited skins? Well, NICE JOKE!

I explored the game completely, I have nothing to do there, but I came back again and again, because it was my favorite game and my favorite developer. But now Don't Starve only upsets me. Klei is broken for me. I am disappointed. I won't buy anything else.

Skins seem to be something that Klei has a lot of difficulty, I say this through the experience of 2 years in the console ...

5 hours ago, fimmatek said:

Which skins didn't you get? The twitch drops? If so, then good news is that the devs are working on a way to make them available at a later point in some way. 

I played on Valentine's Day 2017, but did not get Cherub's Heart. And now I missed some Twitch drops twice.

It is very easy to fix. It is necessary to give the opportunity to buy old Loyal Skins for the threads. Those who had time, could enjoy the free skin. Those who did not have time would wait for a year and buy for threads. And everyone is happy. It would get rid of bad emotions, it would be friendly to new players and would not upset old fans.

I'm a perfectionist, maybe I'm a little bit crazy. Don't Starve is almost the only thing I've played in the past few years. Therefore, it all upsets me so much.

14 minutes ago, HARD-ick said:

I played on Valentine's Day 2017, but did not get Cherub's Heart. And now I missed some Twitch drops twice.

With first problem you should write to devs as fast as you were able. Now we have 2019 and I'm not sure if Klei can help now.

Second problem - with every new drop you got news in main menu and on forum too. First rounds lasting 2 weeks, Klei added encore rounds (lasting 1 week) for giving last chance to get for free those skins. But also they wrote about thinking to make those skins buyable. (Maybe as pack on twitch prime, no one knows)

For me adding option for buying loyal items is kinda stupid. You had chance but missed. Gifts were free for all as reward for being with DST and Klei through all years! And now every common fresh user can have option for buy limited skins? I spent 5 years with this game (and I will spend more!) and I feel special with loyal skins what were available long time ago.

1 hour ago, Thalkas said:

For me adding option for buying loyal items is kinda stupid. You had chance but missed. Gifts were free for all as reward for being with DST and Klei through all years! And now every common fresh user can have option for buy limited skins? I spent 5 years with this game (and I will spend more!) and I feel special with loyal skins what were available long time ago.

I would look at how you would have started singing, if for some life circumstances you would have missed something.

I, too, all these years have been with Don't Starve, everything is written above. Cherub's Heart I did not get for some reason. I didn't get two skins from Twitch Drops because I was busy. I didn't get one skin from Twitch Drops because Twitch banned my channel due to erroneous suspicions. A misunderstanding with the channel will be resolved, but I was left without a skin. People may have different reasons.

Amuse the sense of self-importance of some old fans, or to save everyone from random problems and negative emotions. I am for the second option.

Of course there is another option. For example, each event additionally gives one random Event Loyal Skin, which the player does not have. Thus, players who came into the game much later will need several years to get what they missed. This is a good option for new fans and will also help those who accidentally missed something. So novices will not be able to buy all the skins at once and true fans will still stand out.

2 minutes ago, HARD-ick said:

I would look at how you would have started singing, if for some life circumstances you would have missed something.

If you really must know - no, my mind wont change. Why? Because I had option to get but I MISSED. So its MY PROBLEM, MY MISTAKE. I missed enough skins, items ect in other games. Half because I didnt have time, half because I forgot or didnt know. 

13 minutes ago, HARD-ick said:

I, too, all these years have been with Don't Starve, everything is written above. Cherub's Heart I did not get for some reason. I didn't get two skins from Twitch Drops because I was busy. I didn't get one skin from Twitch Drops because Twitch banned my channel due to erroneous suspicions. A misunderstanding with the channel will be resolved, but I was left without a skin. People may have different reasons.

As I wrote you should wrote to Klei in 2017. Im pretty sure they will help as always. About twitch drops I wrote - you had 3 week per every one collection. Missed is your fault but as fimmatek wrote - Klei thinking about make twitch skins buyable. They wrote about this, but they dont know how and where add. Need to wait.

But still no one will change this - Klei (or other game devs) gave skins, you missed or forgot - its your fault. And Klei dont must give second, third chance. Because its LOYAL and LIMITED skin.

More sense have idea with able to weave items by using spools during event - but events last long time. Or just giving all previous skins as gift with next event, but those skins were made for event in specified year.

2 hours ago, Thalkas said:

But still no one will change this - Klei (or other game devs) gave skins, you missed or forgot - its your fault. And Klei dont must give second, third chance. Because its LOYAL and LIMITED skin.

This is the Suggestions and Feedback forum. I'm not saying that developers should give me more chances. This is my problem, but it is not always my fault, situations are different. Two years have passed, but every time I need to use Telltale Heart, I remember that I did not get Cherub's Heart, although I definitely played on Valentine's Day in 2017. This is a constant negative emotion. And now, when I missed three more skins, I can’t look at Don't Starve at all.

I do not know what Klei’s position is on these issues. Maybe they think "We don't care what your reasons, you missed, your problems, one fan more one fan less". But I hope that it is not.

On 2/16/2019 at 12:28 AM, HARD-ick said:

It is very easy to fix. It is necessary to give the opportunity to buy old Loyal Skins for the threads. Those who had time, could enjoy the free skin. Those who did not have time would wait for a year and buy for threads. And everyone is happy. It would get rid of bad emotions, it would be friendly to new players and would not upset old fans.

I'm a perfectionist, maybe I'm a little bit crazy. Don't Starve is almost the only thing I've played in the past few years. Therefore, it all upsets me so much.

Ah, I'm the same way! a little different, though. I have the cherub's heart(2017) and staked heart(2019), but I missed out on the daggered heart(2018) because of testing at school. I really hope they make a way I can complete my heart collection, I'd be willing to buy it with money if they'd release a chest for it.

It looks so cool and It's the only thing missing in my collection, it's so frustrating. 

On 4/17/2019 at 7:49 AM, researchlab_2 said:

I just hope they'll give out twitch skins one more time. I really want that tent skin

Is it not still running? The front page for the game hasn't changed, so I don't know.

@op missing the cherub skin is unfortunate, but it happens. As for missing the twitch skins, that's completely your fault. Regardless of whatever issues you had. There is plenty of time to get any and all twitch skins. You don't even have to play the game to get them. Simply have a twitch stream that has drops enabled, wait, and bam! You got the skins. If they make it any easier than that, there'd be no incentive for people to actually watch twitch streams about dst.

Archived