Welfare Pod still needs more balancing.

On 2/12/2019 at 3:54 AM, Grimgaw said:

All I'm pointing out that the packages need another balance pass.

Alright, what if the items you get from the printer gets better as the game time passes? Like within the first 75 cycles you can print basic things like copper, sandstone, food, and starter animals, and around cycle 125, you can print things like plastic and glass, and refined copper, and late game, like cycle 150, you can print things like steel? would that balance it out?

The 8 pacu is one of the best ones I’ve had. Set up an open water area specifically for them to fall into. 

Wild critters were the one main finite resource you couldn’t get any more of(that don’t come from space). 

1 hour ago, Soulwind said:

So 1/1000th of a wort seed?  Not really useful ;)

Why should i ever go and open evilish space biome, when i get precious stuff for free?
That portal "stuff throwing for free" mechanism is more then a beginner help, early game it makes game much to casual(for my taste) and removes my lategame motivation to get into space.
Why should i reach out for the stars? Those exotic materials are only needed, when rocketry is used.
I see no gameplay benefit, from portal changes.

You sir, need a better imagination.

Supercoolant (and steam turbines) makes heat management super easy  because you can run them in aquatuners without freezing. Sleet wheat farming suddenly gets easy when you can cool the box they are in to -25 in a few turns of the coolant. You can pipe in 90 degree water in ceramic pipes at point and things will work just fine.

Therium and supercoolant allows you to make natural gas from crude oil efficiently and easily (hydrogen thermo regulators are a thing, but they are extremely painful), which removes all power issues.

Visco-gel, of course, makes better airlocks, always helpful in many ranching  and chemical engineering operations. 

6 hours ago, lee1026 said:

You sir, need a better imagination.

Supercoolant (and steam turbines) makes heat management super easy  because you can run them in aquatuners without freezing. Sleet wheat farming suddenly gets easy when you can cool the box they are in to -25 in a few turns of the coolant. You can pipe in 90 degree water in ceramic pipes at point and things will work just fine.

Therium and supercoolant allows you to make natural gas from crude oil efficiently and easily (hydrogen thermo regulators are a thing, but they are extremely painful), which removes all power issues.

Visco-gel, of course, makes better airlocks, always helpful in many ranching  and chemical engineering operations. 

No problem with heat / cooling or anything else.
Rocketry sucksz in ONI!

Archived