@Klei Why can't i put drywall behind mesh, airflow or doors?

9 minutes ago, Xuhybrid said:

"Marked as fixed". Thanks, now to wait for the next branch.

No. They specifically said next update, so it should be fixed the next update of the current preview branch.

Only... function wise this will solve the problem, but unless the animation/textures are adapted, you'll basically will have pneumatic doors without a backwall looking into space. It will not leak gasses into space, but it will look kind of weird?

3 minutes ago, Xuhybrid said:

Yeah that's what i meant. I don't see why the wall would be invisible. Unless you're saying that those tiles won't leak into space, even without drywall?

that's exactly what is the concern.  the dev post didn't say they were updating the visual, just updating the function.   granted the concern is minor :)

4 hours ago, Yunru said:

They might not need to update the visuals if the mesh is transparent, it shouls just show the layer behind it.

They should do it at least fot the doors. Would also make them easier to see when open as well as hide the power and automation wires that stay in the air when airlocks are open.

Mesh is transparent but it lets gas and liquid through. If you see space behind you might think it can leak there. If they disable it then it would be better if they add some sort of a background behind them so new players don`t get confused. Outside space it should show the normal background.

Archived