Warbucks & Wilba Ideas

So. As of the Quality of Life Update, we now know that the next major feature update is going to put focus on Warbucks and Wilba. Specifically, their abilities outside of Hamlet. First off, I have some ideas of what might change.

For Warbucks,

-Gains Sanity from Dubloons in SW.

-Gains Sanity from Thulecite (?) in RoG.

-Since he is an explorer, maybe he should start with a special Walking Cane exclusive to him (maybe it would only increase speed by 15%, but do double damage)

- THIS IS A BIG ONE. Since he is an explorer and likes collecting relics, the Ruins (ONLY Ruins. Not Caves.) would give a Sanity aura of 10 per minute. So whenever he is in the Ruins, his Sanity will be easier to manage, even without Oincs/Dubloons/Thulecite.

As for Wilba,

-Pigs and Wildbores will automatically be befriended to her in RoG and SW. BUT, they only follow Wilba a certain distance from their house. So if Wilba gets too far away, they will stop following, requiring you to give them meat if you want them to go further.

-She starts the game with a Royal Crown in her inventory (She is the one who lost it in the first place). This would make Sanity a bit easier to manage in the first few days, when the superior-in-every-way Tam O' Shanter is unavailable. Of course, this would only be an early-game advantage.

-Being a pig, she REALLY likes meat. So when she eats any kind of meat, it restores double the Sanity that it would for other characters. If the meat would not provide Sanity to most characters, it would restore 5 Sanity to Wilba. A piece of Jerky would refill 30 sanity, and so on.

-Eating vegetables makes her drop some Manure, in typical pig fashion. So if one was to need fertilizer, then that stack of spoiled petals could finally be of some use!

Those are my ideas so far. Let me know if you like them! If you have any more ideas, feel free to post them here. Also, if anyone feels like sending any of these ideas directly to the DEV's, be my guest.

I’m pretty sure pigs don’t eat much meat. And big meat is dropped by pigs so that’s kinda a odd perk.

also, what about downsides. They would need some massive ones to balance these perks out.

maybe make Wilba a vegetarian 

and warbucks needs to lose a few of the perks listed even with a big downside.

Warbucks' portrait shows that he has a blunderbuss with him, maybe he should start with that (or a unique blunderbuss) and some gunpowder just like wigfrid and her spear, maybe a single crockpot food too, but then again if they add that together with the b.hammer and the magnifying glass he'd have almost full inventory at the start of the game.:D

58 minutes ago, cannonball 594 said:

I’m pretty sure pigs don’t eat much meat. And big meat is dropped by pigs so that’s kinda a odd perk.

also, what about downsides. They would need some massive ones to balance these perks out.

maybe make Wilba a vegetarian 

and warbucks needs to lose a few of the perks listed even with a big downside.

The reason I say that Wilba gains Sanity from meat is because meat is the only thing that pigs will follow you for. Have you ever tried recruiting a pig using a carrot? Go see how that works. So, naturally, I assume that the pigs of the Don't Starve world like meat a lot.

25 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

The reason I say that Wilba gains Sanity from meat is because meat is the only thing that pigs will follow you for. Have you ever tried recruiting a pig using a carrot? Go see how that works. So, naturally, I assume that the pigs of the Don't Starve world like meat a lot.

I mean I wouldn't risk my life because someone gave me a morsel so they must like it a lot

1 hour ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

That is a viable point.

i happen to own pigs and I very rarely feed them meat so that’s where my view came from

I want Wilba to turn into a werepig.

-She doesn't drop items unlike Werebeaver since werepigs themselves keep hats and whatever you gave them. Except maybe her 2 main slots (body, hands)

-Her invontory would be visible to her but she'd be able to only interact with eatible items

-Immune to freezing and overheating. Not wetness

-She can use map

-Her basic attacks deal dark sword dmg, moves at walking cane spead and no armor (so use helmets)

-She's considered a monster in this state so guards, mants, bunnyman and so on will attack her. Pigs won't since they don't attack werepigs.

-Faster hunger drop rate but she can harvest things like berry bushes etc

-Since she doesn't like dark and stuff her sanity drops to 0 instantly but shadow creatures don't spawn untill she's back to normal.

-If she's on a boat it'll slow down but only that. She'd be able to use it unlike Werebeaver

-Her werepigness would last up to the dawn of next day.

-She'd turn into a werepig durring full moons or if she eats 6 monster foods

-She gets weak night vision- miner hat/lantern size unlike Werebeaver's moggles size

Now I know that most of you will say "She and other pigs are civilized so that's why blah blah blah"

Wilba escaped her house so she could live in the wild and explore it. Much like constant pigs. Which turn into werepigs.

Wilba

Perks

-She should gain some sanity around RoG and SW pigs(without befriending them)or at least around the pig king. She just happy to see some pigs far away from home. 

-Pig king should give her x2 gold because she is royal as well.

-She should have a loyalty advantage much like Woodie's, in fact, her having this perk make more sense

-Normal pigs should give her some items like the civilized pigs. They are just happy to see a fellow pig. (since they have grass twigs and berries in some pig villages I assume it would make sense if they give her some grass or berries.) [allthough pigs outside of hamlet  don't  seem to care about her so this perk might be pushing too hard]

Cons

- Spiders and hounds should have a bigger aggro radius and they aggro for a longer time, so they will attack her on sight and chase her longer. Ya know she is just a piece of delicious bacon for them.  

-when a pig dies(any kind even guard pigs) near her she will lose 15 sanity. Seeing your people die is never fun. And if you murder one of your kind the sanity loss will be more. (like 20-25 maybe?) This will make the player more careful when hiring or killing guards or befriending the pigs. This will also encourage the player to look for different meat sources other than a pig. [allthough this will make getting pig skin significantly hard outside of hamlet but con is a con.

(I haven't thought any perks or cons for Warbuucks yet, but I love that Klei is willing to make characters more interesting and playable outside of their DLC. It makes me excited about the game's future)

I have several idea for Warbucks that I'm just gonna throw out here, most of which involve fleshing out his "big game hunter" aspect more:

-Starts with an infinite-use Blunderbuss (or starts with the materials to craft one), in similar vein to Woodlegs' infinite-use boat cannon.

-Gets double loot from or deals double damage to "big game" enemies (Beefalo, Water Beefalo, Hippopotamoose, Koalaphants, Vargs, Ewecus, Gobblers, Peagawks, Spider Monkeys, Pangoldens, Tallbirds, Whales, maybe Hounds/Crocodogs and Dragoons as well. Maybe the Ancient Guardian. If you wanna get really crazy, include bosses.)

-All ranged weapons receive a dramatic damage bonus, all melee weapons receive a slightly less dramatic damage penalty.

-All weapons have double durability and/or take half as much materials to craft.

-All Weapon Tab items are unlocked from the start, and do not require Crafting Stations to prototype.

-Can lie prone and move slowly (Humid Season fog-tier speed, let's say) to avoid detection from all enemies. Can also attack with ranged weapons while prone; perhaps ranged weapons could also receive a damage bonus while prone. Unsure if attacking should alert the enemy or not.

-The above suggestion, but applied as bonus abilities of the Bush Hat.

I hope Warbucks' potential beyond just treasure hunting will be realized.

Archived