New plants : Can we have screenshots of temperature/other requirements ?

14 minutes ago, Christophlette said:

Hi there !

I'm not at home and I've only a fresh game so I can't have those informations at the moment. Could someone be kind and post them here please ?

They are actually the same as the briar seed. Maybe the new plants have a bigger temperature range, but that'll be it. I'll make screenshots when I get back home, if nobody else has done by that time.

7 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

The jumping joya is pretty op if you ask me. It can grow pretty much everywhere you might want it.

i couldn't find much of it, but you are right - you can plant it almost everywhere  . I saw some at the bottom of the map. Those plants should have water requirement btw (like 500g every 3 cycles that needs to be delivered)

2 hours ago, ONIfreak said:

i couldn't find much of it, but you are right - you can plant it almost everywhere  . I saw some at the bottom of the map. Those plants should have water requirement btw (like 500g every 3 cycles that needs to be delivered)

Since they only grow in the oil biome, I do think it's kind of balanced out with the effort to go down there (although going down there is already a function of just getting oil). Btw, a cactus plant requiring water while the other decor plants don't need it, is maybe a bit silly. I'd say just lower the decor on all plants.

I like the way it is. You can make nice looking rooms with pictures and plants and put plants next to ladders and give some decor there as well. And sonce max decor is 120 ypu don't have to spam plants everywhere bit they are useful wjere you have very limited space

2 hours ago, ONIfreak said:

I like the way it is. You can make nice looking rooms with pictures and plants and put plants next to ladders and give some decor there as well. And sonce max decor is 120 ypu don't have to spam plants everywhere bit they are useful wjere you have very limited space

I got from others that decor of a room isn't limited to 120+ decor on the background. Average decor for a whole cycle is indeed limited to 120, but -again from what I understand- is that any decor above 120 of a specific area still counts towards the calculation for the average of the whole day.

28 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

I got from others that decor of a room isn't limited to 120+ decor on the background. Average decor for a whole cycle is indeed limited to 120, but -again from what I understand- is that any decor above 120 of a specific area still counts towards the calculation for the average of the whole day.

Yes. Room decor can be higher however it says "maximum decor" with 120. I'm rebuilding my whole base now to make nice looking corridors and pretty machinery rooms ( this will take me like 1k cycles) to see if this will be any improvement. I think area wirlth higher decor will still count as 120 ( which is logical assumption looking at fact that it says "maximum"). You can alway spam your base with shine bugs and loghair slicksters ( i just love them) XD

1 hour ago, ONIfreak said:

Yes. Room decor can be higher however it says "maximum decor" with 120. I'm rebuilding my whole base now to make nice looking corridors and pretty machinery rooms ( this will take me like 1k cycles) to see if this will be any improvement. I think area wirlth higher decor will still count as 120 ( which is logical assumption looking at fact that it says "maximum"). You can alway spam your base with shine bugs and loghair slicksters ( i just love them) XD

It's actually simple to test that. Have one room with 240 decor, one room with 0 decor. Have one dupe spend exactly half a cycle in each room. If anything above 120 decor does not count, that dupe should only have an average of 60 decor. If it does count, the dupe should have exactly 120 decor.

From what I gathered from others, I haven't verified this myself, is that the "maximum" wording is misleading. It would make sense you can create a decor "buffer" over 120. If not, than any drop below 120 decor, even for 1s, will result the average decor and associated morale bonus to drop below 120/12 morale.

Archived