decor questions

-Hanging pots and crown moulding cannot be overlapped (you can build the pot, but unfortunaly not put a plant in it if there's a moulding above it). What is the best way to tackle this? leaving "holes" in the moulding in a 4 high room? No moulding and plant spaced out? Full moulding and sculpting blocks? Moulding with pots without plants in it?

-Do aero pots give higher decor vs hanging pots?

-Do 2 large sculpting blocks give higher decor than 1 marble block (2 large blocks take the same space as one marble block)?

-Is it better to use a wall pot than a corner moulding?

I only use crown moulding above 3 high buildings to squeeze a little extra decor in. All the pots are identical. The plants themselves are what give the decor. You can see for yourself how much decor each item gives before building them, except plant pots.

if you look at decor in terms of value per single tile width:

So for 2 height options

hanging plant=26 (with spam, you can max at 286 per tile)

2x2 = 15 (with spam, you can max at 210 per tile)

2x3 = 12 (with spam, you can max at 180 per tile)

(1x2 sculpture = 24 but it takes floor space so kind of different category; spam max 216)

So the old 2x2 is still the best paiting but the hanging plant is by FAR the best decor item (and does not require fiber or a artist).  Spam it early.

If you look at 3 height options

crown+2x2 = 21 (252 max)

2x3 = 18 (252 max)

(1x3 sculpture = 30 but are bugged for me an only get mediocre with master artist but again take floor space so not really the same thing as the hanging options)

Again ,the new painting is a lower efficiency and hanging plant is still better even though it uses 2 height vs 3 so even over mess tables hanging plants win.

(as to your question on corner crown vs hanging; hanging by a large margin (26 vs 6) and aero pot is same as hanging as it is just the plant that gives decor)

image.thumb.png.3619ff99ee14a6efcf71feba9f461a1d.pngAs an aside, I don't know why they made hanging plants so powerful.  Before you were limited with starting biome seeds for briars but now you can get huge base decor without an artist via hanging plants.  Faster to build, no second step, and no artist.

If you do not want to min/max, the new paintings do look cool:

image.thumb.png.28da09a28a79fd08dd186637f2f98d0f.png

22 hours ago, Flytrap said:

Its pointless to bother with most decor really. Plants are OP and the decor is capped at 120 anyway

While the tool tip says max, it is definitely not capped in the actual calculations

image.thumb.png.49ade3f1aabf7bf48b4e3d4f6a184481.png

"current environmental decor = 372"; not capped.

22 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Plants are limited. Even after they added more to be found you can run out of them.

I have over 100 unused seeds and probably same again in use.  Not unlimited but still enough to spam your base

1 hour ago, chemie said:

I have over 100 unused seeds and probably same again in use.

Guess there`s a lot of seeds after the QoL upgrade. Before they were actually limited. I don`t have more than 30 in my current save.

Maybe they could balance it by the temperature requirements. Like the plants from hot zones should wilt at 30oC. But i`m going offtopic here.

4 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

Guess there`s a lot of seeds after the QoL upgrade. Before they were actually limited. I don`t have more than 30 in my current save

That was before QoL? So only briar seeds right?

You got lucky, usually I can't find more than 10 briars on a single map

21 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Guess there`s a lot of seeds after the QoL upgrade. Before they were actually limited. I don`t have more than 30 in my current save.

Maybe they could balance it by the temperature requirements. Like the plants from hot zones should wilt at 30oC. But i`m going offtopic here.

you need a new seed to get the new seeds ;)

Archived