Dragonfly speedkill with Wes

Finx

57 minutes ago, Diaboliko said:

You came to brag about that time of yours or you plan on going as fast as possible and came seeking for knowledge perhaps?

On the forum you see people posting about their accomplishment so I was thinking that maybe atleast one person could be interested by it but I was probably wrong seeing that you come only to say that I posted this to "brag" about it. If its to get arrogant comments like that I will keep it for myself from now on.

A friends of mine is complaining that I should do speedrun/speedkill of DST which I think can be fun and add replay value to the game. So I might do more of these in the future.

3 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

He's showing us something cool he did in the game that takes a lot of skill and practice. Good job OP.  That's impressive. 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Finx said:

On the forum you see people posting about their accomplishment so I was thinking that maybe atleast one person could be interested by it but I was probably wrong seeing that you come only to say that I posted this to "brag" about it. If its to get arrogant comments like that I will keep it for myself from now on.

A friends of mine is complaining that I should do speedrun/speedkill of DST which I think can be fun and add replay value to the game. So I might do more of these in the future.

Thanks!

My point is different. If you came to brag about it, I will remain silent. If you came seeking feedback from those who know things better, I will speak. Appears that your point, however, is purely neutral so whatever.

4 hours ago, Diaboliko said:

My point is different. If you came to brag about it, I will remain silent. If you came seeking feedback from those who know things better, I will speak. Appears that your point, however, is purely neutral so whatever.

I could have went like an ******* and say something very ****ty in my original post but did I? But saying that you know things better makes me wonder who is trying to brag in the end?

Anyway enough of that, i'm open to feedback and I know that better could be done even though the overall fight is clean. For exemple, my menuing between dragonfly lavae wave was awful to say the least. While doing this I wasn't expecting this to go this smooth honestly.

Maybe this argument would never have happen if I explained before why I did and posted this so I'll give credits where it's due. There's a video on YouTube of a guy name Whoneedspacee who did the same thing which I saw and wanted to see If I could pull it off myself which I did but at first I though that his speedkill was way better. After some verification mine was slightly faster so I decided why not posting it and see if people would like it since sadly its not something very common in the DST community.

Here's Whoneedspacee video if someone is interested.

I am simply interested in someone actually making a perfect run one day, for I am not interested in doing it myself. Its a distorted sense of fun, but its mine. There was no teasing or anything. I am constantly looking for people who can become a source of interesting content (from my perspective).

Ideal setup would be finding dfly desert behind decidious forest behind mozaic forest (making it possible to engage her by the end of day 1) plus having dfly bee delayed on her attack timer(and, obviously, player on normal attack timer which allows doing 7 attacks before dodging) (dunno the real stuff behind core, but different attack speed of player and increased delay of any mob are real on PC. Bet they also are on consoles since its the same engine overall). Obviously killing lavae without wasting 1 flute charge is also a time saver.

Chances of having such a run are terribly low, but sacrifises can be made here and there. Going for world regeneration without re-generation could be of help with biomes being unfriendly too.

Let's keep things civil and constructive please. This really doesn't need to be something that turns into an argument. 

I wonder if its actually a bot message.

56 minutes ago, Diaboliko said:

I am simply interested in someone actually making a perfect run one day, for I am not interested in doing it myself. Its a distorted sense of fun, but its mine. There was no teasing or anything. I am constantly looking for people who can become a source of interesting content (from my perspective).

I understand that feeling, when I started Don't Starve I really did enjoy watching Joeshmocoolstuff and Eboy Cheese speedrun. Sadly they both stop playing the game.

1 hour ago, Diaboliko said:

(dunno the real stuff behind core, but different attack speed of player and increased delay of any mob are real on PC. Bet they also are on consoles since its the same engine overall).

Its also a thing on console but I yet was able to find a consistent way to get it. Maybe a low ping could help trigger it? It would allow for that 7th hit while kiting which could shave off extra second in a speedrun.

Obviously killing lavae without wasting 1 flute charge is also a time saver.

With Wolfgang (the best for a dfly speedrun) its easily doable but with Wes, no walls, no ice staff Whoneedspaceee found out the most optimal strategy to deal with the lavae require you to use the panflute 2 times per lavae wave. 1 charge to let the lavae suicide andvan other to de-enrage her. Compare to Wes, Wolfgang have enough damage to dispatch them with a hambat.

Chances of having such a run are terribly low, but sacrifises can be made here and there.

If I had to do it again which im thinking about it I would prefer to do a dragonfly speedrun over a speedkill. At the moment every speedrun of dragonfly that I know of are seeded which him really not fund of even if it would take many many attempts to get a legit run.

In the end, i'm glad that we were able solve our misunderstanding and hopefully it won't happen between us or anyone else.

Well thanks to you all. I made it so other people would get inspired to do better as I do with all my videos. The dragonfly strat took quite a bit of code diving since the repeated lavae spawning bug from dragonfly was a problem.

That’s the most barebones strategy (the wolfgang video) I could come up with. You could technically do it with “less” with water balloons or something, but as for easy to get items I think that’s about the best it can get.

Someone could do much better than my fuelweaver strategy video I think, and Wes is technically possible with the same dragonfly strategy I think it would just take many tries.

I took the wolfgang speedkill in one take which surprised me since I could only take a few hits, so someone much better than me could definitely do it.

I might have a try of my own at it since I think it’d be cool and even more barebones to not need to gather food for a mighty form with a character like wes.

2 hours ago, Whoneedspacee said:

Well thanks to you all. I made it so other people would get inspired to do better as I do with all my videos.

When I posted this I wasn't expecting anyone to pay attention to it since... well who really care about these kind of thing in 2019 and PS4 forum section is nearly dead lol? Getting recognition from the guy who motivated me to do this sure do prove me wrong and mostly wasn't expected but is appreciated.

Well, thanks to you as well.

Archived