Items to take for a ruins run (or general combat ''expeditions'')

1 hour ago, Hx380 said:

Pickaxe, axe, hammer and a shovel

u don't need those for caves... all the tools u need now in the caves in Hamlet are Shears, Ballpein Hammer, Magnifying glass to check the cracks and Hammer to smash the vases (gunpowder or coconades if you wanna blow up the cracks)

the rest: 

- some food items, preferably 2

- lantern, miner hat if you can or a candle hat with a stack of cork for refuel

- armor (enough logs for a replacement)

- antivenom if you are unsure on how to deal with poison

- some healing items if possible...

Spoiler

on fiirst exploration you will find gold from the statues and most certainly a wishing well (if you drop a gold nugget inside u will recover a big chunk of health) 

- some iron (x10 max)

2 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

u don't need those for caves... all the tools u need now in the caves in Hamlet are Shears, Ballpein Hammer, Magnifying glass to check the cracks and Hammer to smash the vases (gunpowder or coconades if you wanna blow up the cracks)

the rest: 

- some food items, preferably 2

- lantern, miner hat if you can or a candle hat with a stack of cork for refuel

- armor (enough logs for a replacement)

- antivenom if you are unsure on how to deal with poison

- some healing items if possible... on fiirst exploration you will find gold from the statues and most certainly a wishing well (if you drop a gold nugget inside u will recover a big chunk of health) 

- some iron (x10 max)

I didn't say caves, i said journey. 

You don’t want to carry too much stuff because you are going to find loot you’ll want to carry back and you need the inventory slots. I sometimes pile the minor items I find in pots, like feathers, by the entrance to clear up slots. You can easily make another trip back to pick them up that way. You’re not going to want to go through all the rooms again looking for stuff you left behind.

15 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

dude.. read OP's title

Dude... Read whats below it

11 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I did read it... u don't need all tools for exploration, specially if it involves combat. U need the space for the loot and healing items. 

I only carry dried meat so it's just one slot for food, the tools can be easly left behind with no regret 

39 minutes ago, Hx380 said:

Dude... Read whats below it

I only carry dried meat so it's just one slot for food, the tools can be easly left behind with no regret 

I wouldn't recommend wasting flint to a new player.. flint is not as ez to get as in RoG... resources management is kinda important early game

10 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I wouldn't recommend wasting flint to a new player.. flint is not as ez to get as in RoG... resources management is kinda important early game

It is ez to get

You just need to mine gnat mounds or chase some dung beetels

Thanks for all the great replies! I just died again. This time I had my pith hat, and everything nice and going well. Walking stick drying etc. Then a 30+ swarm of beetles killed me while i was trying to find the pig ruins entrance to go to the second island. These things were walking and attacking me. Went through an entire football helmet and I never stopped running. I couldn't stop to use healing foods because of them.

Are there any decent guides to Hamlet out yet? Something with goals to try to reach by certain days or what to prioritize first? That death to those damn beetles frustrating.

3 minutes ago, HarperDS said:

Thanks for all the great replies! I am so frustrated right now. I cant seem to survive more than 20 days. This time I had my pith hat, and everything nice and going well. Walking stick drying etc. Then a 30+ swarm of beetles killed me while i was trying to find the pig ruins entrance to go to the second island. These things were walking and attacking me. Went through an entire football helmet and I never stopped running. I couldnt stop to use healing foods because of them. It was incredibly frustrating.

use Bug B Gone to deal with insects (check survival tab)

1 minute ago, Hx380 said:

Just spray some of that on the ground and stand on the opposite side to the one where the bugs are. 

So even if there are 30 chasing after me? I died constantly running and im wondering if i stop to do that i may get stunlocked? Basically the biggest problems ive had are the hanging vines and these packs of rabid beetles that move and attack.

8 minutes ago, HarperDS said:

So even if there are 30 chasing after me? I died constantly running and im wondering if i stop to do that i may get stunlocked? Basically the biggest problems ive had are the hanging vines and these packs of rabid beetles that move and attack.

The gas wipes them out in a second after they get close to it. 

You just have to be quick enough to spray it before getting stun locked

Archived